Website Questions

Setting up a website is a key step in starting a new business and in today's world, an effective web presence is a vital marketing tool.

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Business Plan of a website

So i have an idea for a website. In the development of the business plan, i would need to know what percent of people are going to use this website, how much money am i going to make and how am i...

asked Sep 25 '11 at 18:56
Blank
Kraken
133 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.11K Views
Why did my site vanish from Yahoo and Bing search results?

I have a website that sells a software product. My site used to be high up in search results on Google, Yahoo and Bing. Stupidly, I didn't do much with the site for about two months. It slipped in...

asked Sep 27 '11 at 21:39
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
16K Views
E-Commerce Website for Retail AND wholesale

I work for a clothing designer company (Kit + Lili) that has been in business for 5 years. We currently sell our product wholesale using a company called Groupe BDM and retail through Shopify. It...

asked Sep 15 '11 at 04:39
Blank
Erin Danahy
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
What do you need in order to be a real .org?

I was wondering what characteristics a venture needs to have in order to be a real .org? Also, since I never ran a .org before, what are some of the implications/pitfalls that come with that kind...

asked Sep 16 '11 at 09:34
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
Domain name ending with "ster"

I am looking for a domain name for a new website and the one ending with "ster" (as in friendster) is available. Are these domain names recommended or are they so 90s?

asked Sep 19 '11 at 01:53
Blank
User3462
345 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.94K Views
Do online businesses need to have a tech founder?

I have an idea for a website/online business that I would like to create. None of the technology is groundbreaking by any stretch of the imagination, I have seen it done a million times. With a...

asked Sep 19 '11 at 04:06
Blank
Jdh
182 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.05K Views
Importance of Keywords in Search Engine Ranking

When you think of executing SEO plans how do you measure your success? There are lots of ways in which you can calculate your success ratio and can check whether you are moving in the right...

asked Sep 20 '11 at 23:30
Blank
Kpmrs
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.91K Views
Should I do it all alone or co-operate with others?

I have builded some web startups earlier with medium winnings. I have to say that the whole work was done by myself as I have the ability to do it programmatically. However I think I am not the...

asked Sep 8 '11 at 08:25
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.47K Views
Why do distributors or wholesalers hide their prices and ask for quotation request from the enquirer/potential buyers?

Why do distributors or wholesalers hide their prices and ask for quotation request from the enquirer/potential buyers? I have seen in many B2B internet websites. Please let me know. Thanks :)

asked Sep 10 '11 at 04:07
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.45K Views
What counts as a business plan

So i have an idea for website. Now since i am not good at developing a website, i hire people for doing it. Any other thing included to be developed, i hire people for that too.. For initial...

asked Sep 10 '11 at 17:32
Blank
Kraken
133 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
8.43K Views
How many startup founders aren't technical?

I'm curious how many startup founders out there aren't technical, in the least bit, aside from knowing the very basic processes of putting a site together and launching it. Do some founders just...

asked Sep 11 '11 at 17:01
Blank
Jdh
182 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.93K Views
How can I get initial users for my website?

We have a website that's just about to be released. We did a limited beta release (friends, family) and some light advertising with Google Adwords (very small budget- about $200). The ad campaign...

asked Sep 13 '11 at 08:07
Blank
Cuga
161 points

-2 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
Incorporating somebody else's project in my own

Let me take a general example to demonstrate my dilemma. Say I am making a web-based project (which I am). Now I want to use some code that is used some other place already. Say I want to...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 18:29
Blank
Kraken
133 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
2.77K Views
Outsourcing Website development overseas

I am in the process of outsourcing a MVP website to vendors in the asian region. Although I have no questions about the quality of programming of some of the vendors, I am concerned with the web...

asked Aug 28 '11 at 01:26
Blank
User3462
345 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.83K Views
Integrating my project with facebook

What if i want to integrate my online website with facebook? By integrating i mean, there would be a link on facebook that will take the user to my website directly but i am not talking about...

asked Aug 30 '11 at 22:06
Blank
Kraken
133 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
When do we need to become an official company?

So I'm starting a new venture with a friend of mine. Basically, we are not going to be looking for seed funding, or really any funding for that matter. We are going to be up fronting the costs to...

asked Aug 30 '11 at 23:09
Blank
Slandau
203 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.66K Views
Legal questions - Linking to streams

I'm looking to start a website which will link to online streams. I have a few questions: Would I be liable for people linking to illegal streams from my website (my website will only link to...

asked Sep 3 '11 at 19:06
Blank
Muffinbubble
115 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
How many pages do I need designed?

I have just finished my wireframe, and am about to contact designers to get some mockups done. My wireframe is about 20 pages in total, yet only 5 or 6 of the pages are significantly different from...

asked Sep 5 '11 at 13:22
Blank
Jdh
182 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
What can I do to improve my "Brand" and website?

I recently created 2 websites about missed opportunities to build some buzz about a book that is currently being published. I would appreciate any advice, comments or suggestions about the 2...

asked Aug 18 '11 at 08:31
Blank
Keith
35 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.51K Views
Creating functional document for a website

I have an idea that I'd like to implement and on doing some research I realized that another website does exactly the same thing. I would like to clone the site and since I am pressed for time, I...

asked Aug 22 '11 at 13:23
Blank
User2306
232 points