Website Questions

Setting up a website is a key step in starting a new business and in today's world, an effective web presence is a vital marketing tool.

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.33K Views
What are the advantages and disadvantages to entrust to a third party an application development?

I am quite experienced in the field of Web Projects and I have a capital (500.000 $). "I am planning"\"I would like" to create a "great" Web site and I noticed that I have two choices: assign the...

asked Nov 11 '11 at 20:52
Blank
User12882
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.35K Views
How to get domain name?

All nice names are already taken. I want to know that if a domain already exists but I attach some character in the beginning/end of the already registered domain name and get registered, is it...

asked Oct 28 '11 at 18:51
Blank
Naveed
108 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
how/where to find a content writer for my article based website?

how/where to find a content writer for my article based website? I mean - is there any website which acts as a mediator between me and content writer - a group of them?

asked Oct 29 '11 at 02:48
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
Is making your contract viewable online before purchase a good idea?

As part of being transparent, we're thinking of putting our contract up online in our services section. The idea is that people would be able to have a look, question us in advance, and overall be...

asked Oct 31 '11 at 15:19
Blank
Mirov
384 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.94K Views
I am a web model and I signed a contract with a non-compete clause I want to get out with out a problem help?

The contract is for 2 years and im only 2 months into it and it also has a non compete clause/Exclusivity clause ... so i really want to get out of this fast its a bad bad deal.. D. Exclusivity....

asked Oct 18 '11 at 00:06
Blank
Kiki
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.13K Views
Payment solutions for the UK

I'm struggling to find a payment solution for my UK based startup. I don't intend to sell internationally for a considerable amount of time. I do have a turnover and can probably satisfy merchant...

asked Oct 18 '11 at 18:47
Blank
Neil
125 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.12K Views
Selling products online in the US from India

My Business is to have an to sell products online (online store). My business name has just been approved and I have also purchased the company desired domain. I am in the process of taking my...

asked Oct 18 '11 at 20:40
Blank
Kobi Cob
16 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.42K Views
It's a very new concept and struggling to convince the world in 3 seconds- help?

We have a very unique platform - connecting people by analyzing their wishes, worries, desires & dreams. People are not used to it, but when we speak then people get it. People spend 3 seconds...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 22:44
Blank
Debasish
46 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.06K Views
What effect(s) does Google's Panda 2.5 update have on new websites in the SERP?

I recently launched 3 websites (within the past 7-10 months) that had been steadily increasing in the rankings on Google search up until this past weekend, when I noticed a huge drop across most of...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 04:18
Blank
Dan Male
108 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.51K Views
To launch a website business, what do I need for funding?

I just want to have my own website where I sell products that I manufacture using CAD software. I'm trying to look three ahead because that's supposedly how long it takes for a business to start...

asked Oct 8 '11 at 16:55
Blank
Wolfpack'08
99 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.92K Views
Crowd Sourcing/Social networks: What drives user?

I am working on the business model for a web start-up idea. The premise of the idea involves feedback generation for a brand/customer service, crowd-sourcing and social networking among...

asked Oct 12 '11 at 22:46
Blank
Anshul
11 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Charging different rates for different services?

As a freelancer I am putting together a strong online portfolio/website to offer my services. I am putting the usual things in (blog/about/portfolio etc.) but I was thinking of creating a few...

asked Oct 14 '11 at 05:32
Blank
Timmy O'mahony
118 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
What are the options for running online B2B Surveys?

We have not launched yet, so we have no customers. We are a B2B company. I have used www.kickfu.com for B2C surveys: it's cheap and quick. What are the best options for online B2B surveys?

asked Sep 29 '11 at 19:22
Blank
Etienne
1 point

6 Votes
3 Answers
6.77K Views
People are saying its "really cool" but hard to convince them to signup - any suggestions?

We developed a social networking platform that connects people with other similar people by analyzing their dreams - everyone is saying its cool but its hard to convince people to signup - any...

asked Sep 30 '11 at 04:32
Blank
Debasish
46 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.61K Views
CPC v/s CPM Which one is better

So i have got investors for my website(say), and in order to pay them back ( :P ) i have to start making revenues from the very first day i guess, and i heard about these two methods: CPC AND...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 23:37
Blank
Kraken
133 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Finding investors for a website, how it works?

This is a very basic question. I have a startup website which has a business model. The website is basically a non-profit organization focused at a certain group of people and has a cause (not...

asked Oct 4 '11 at 05:33
Blank
Chimpanzee
102 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.74K Views
SSL Certificates

For an e-commerce site accepting payment information, I am being told I need to get an SSL Certificate. My hosting provider offers it for $99/year plus $25 initiation. Prices vary greatly -- e.g....

asked Oct 4 '11 at 06:27
Blank
D Moore
174 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
How to sell through ClickBank via a GoDaddy Quick Shopping Cart website

I have a website that I use to market software, which is available for download through the website. I use GoDaddy's Quick Shopping Cart for the website. It has an invoice, shopping cart and more...

asked Oct 4 '11 at 08:50
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.1K Views
Should we tag our new website as 'beta'?

What does tagging your new website as 'beta' say to your potential customers. We intend a 'soft' launch to our website and are not planning any significant marketing at this period. We intend to...

asked Sep 24 '11 at 04:27
Blank
Dan Mac Bean
151 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3K Views
Why are most call to actions on websites to the pricing page?

I am just wondering why most standard web 2.0 websites have the main call to action button on the homepage send the visitor to the pricing page? This is assuming a pretty typical navigation...

asked Sep 24 '11 at 14:45
Blank
Joel Friedlaender
5,007 points