Website Questions

Setting up a website is a key step in starting a new business and in today's world, an effective web presence is a vital marketing tool.

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.3K Views
I have a great idea, a working site, and no clue where to go!

So like others, I had a great idea, built the site and it functions very well. There is no other site out there that does this, and it's truly a very useful site. Now here is the problem, I have a...

asked May 31 '12 at 09:48
Blank
Mike
19 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Starting a software company without registration

I want to sell a software product. I would like to use a brand name e.g. mysoftcompany in the EULA (End User License Agreement) and in the contact details of webpage. So that the software is sold...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 01:51
Blank
User17330
18 points

-3 Votes
4 Answers
2.22K Views
Does 20,000 free downloads mean at least 10,000 paid sales?

I have found certain shareware software products have large number of downloads. My question is if there are some 20,000 free downloads, how many of the downloaders would have actually bought and...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 20:43
Blank
Techno
128 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Monetizing a webapp

I am building a website that solves word games (scrabble, wordfeud, angry words etc.). It does it better than any websites I have seen. I am thinking about how to make money on it (I have three...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 08:06
Blank
Muleskinner
18 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Company Names and Websites

I have been running a website for a month or so and as I now have some revenue coming through it, I have registered a limited company. The company name is different from my website name, as I...

asked May 9 '12 at 16:51
Blank
Gary
11 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.73K Views
How important is the quality of the website?

I'm planning to launch on iPhone app. In doing so, I am also starting my business; whether personal or LLC etc is still undetermined. I am in the process of creating a WordPress website for this...

asked May 10 '12 at 06:28
Blank
Torben Gundtofte Bruun
350 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
from hobby to the real thing

I started a few years ago a few blogs with the format of a directory with some business listed on it. It started by using all free stuff (free blog services, hosting, templates, images etc etc)...

asked May 10 '12 at 21:05
Blank
User983248
489 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.57K Views
Acquiring a website with unclear ownership

We want to acquire a website that is driven by a large community and non-profit. Before going to the attorney I want to do my own research on this topic. The problem is that the ownership of this...

asked May 11 '12 at 21:10
Blank
Jean Pierre
48 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
Using customers' logo on my website

Possible Duplicate: Can I use the logos of other companies on my site? This is a legal question, so I suppose I should consult a lawyer ... any lawyers reading this? ;-) After almost 2 years I...

asked May 12 '12 at 14:01
Blank
Mawg
101 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.12K Views
College Interns v/s Professional Developers?

We are currently facing a dilemma as to whether should we hire interns from colleges (as their summer vacations are about to start) or should we approach some professional guys to build our...

asked May 20 '12 at 04:50
Blank
Addi Xn
23 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
Complex Website Architecture Design w.r.t Usability and Design

Are there any good websites/blogs which discusses about Complex website architecture designs when it comes to usability and Design. For example if some one wants to build websites like Amazon,...

asked May 4 '12 at 18:51
Blank
Krishna Reddy
16 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.83K Views
Starting development company, how to start?

We are a team of 3 people who are developers. We would like to offer services like website / webapp development mobile app development desktop app development We are only coders, we dont have...

asked May 7 '12 at 18:40
Blank
Ahmed Al Hafoudh
108 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.86K Views
Does one man startup require signing any legal documents?

Ok, let say. I have created a web based application, registered a domain name, and hosted it on the Internet. Can I say it's a one man startup? If not, then: What will it be if I just host my app...

asked Apr 16 '12 at 17:25
Blank
Anon
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.29K Views
Can I sell an open source project to my client?

i have one open source project, i want to sell this to my client by making some modification in the existing project. Is it good to sell or is it permissible to sell the open source project to...

asked Apr 19 '12 at 14:33
Blank
Sam
16 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.92K Views
Using Domain name in EULA of a software rather than my name in the Licensor field

I intend to sell a software solution.I have already registered a domain but i dont have a registered company.Can i use my website/domain name eg:myproduct.com for the licensor field in the EULA...

asked Apr 6 '12 at 13:37
Blank
User17330
18 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
How realistic is it to fund grad school with a web start-up?

A little background first: I just got accepted to a one year master's program in chemical engineering at my school, but I need to find a way to come up with roughly $20,000 - $30,000 over the next...

asked Apr 7 '12 at 13:37
Blank
Nick
118 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Issues with Start-Up and Co-Founders

Currently I am stuck in a messy situation where I am the only designer/developer for the web driven start up, along with being co-founder, the other two co-founders (business guy and editor), are...

asked Apr 12 '12 at 03:23
Blank
Izzy
6 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.6K Views
Partnership Gone Bad

For the past 6 months or so I have been working on a project with 2 partners. Here's the breakdown: Partner 1: Finance, marketing, sales, legal Partner 2: Product dev, design, branding Me: Tech,...

asked Apr 13 '12 at 13:27
Blank
Miles
130 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
How should I monetize a game development network app?

I am building an web app for game developers to exchange artwork, code, music, etc., however I cannot decide how to effectively monetize this network. The most obvious way would be to advertise. I...

asked Apr 15 '12 at 11:26
Blank
Tyjkenn
103 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.33K Views
Risks of a website that lets users meet up?

I'm looking into creating a website which would be based on users meeting up (nope, not another dating site!). The obvious worry here is users meeting crazy people and bad things happening. Is...

asked Mar 25 '12 at 06:55
Blank
Mike Lentini
108 points