Beta Questions

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.09K Views
Should we tag our new website as 'beta'?

What does tagging your new website as 'beta' say to your potential customers. We intend a 'soft' launch to our website and are not planning any significant marketing at this period. We intend to...

asked Sep 24 '11 at 04:27
Blank
Dan Mac Bean
151 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.58K Views
Is there any websites/community of software early adopters to publish betas?

I'm wondering if there exist any community driven site, to join two kind of people... Developers creating new software products (web, desktop, mobile) to be reviewed, but not as a paid tesing...

asked Sep 14 '11 at 06:00
Blank
Nestor Sanchez A
690 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
What to use to collect emails on a startup launch page?

I couple months ago I created a launch page for my SAAS product using an Aweber form to collect emails during beta testing because I like their features. This worked fine before my application was...

asked Jul 25 '11 at 05:45
Blank
Mr Lucky
13 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
What is the best strategy/events to launch a startup?

We are having a startup in social and location based networking space. We are currently in private beta. What will be the best strategy or events to launch the product? Thanks!

asked Aug 1 '11 at 04:47
Blank
Neology
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Switch straight to paid saas?

I have a successful tool that has received lots of buzz for the past week or two. The tool is currently free and I hope to adopt a freemium model. I have the following options and I can't decide...

asked Jul 5 '11 at 23:12
Blank
Lee
8 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
I launched a DIY website software company. How/where would you market it?

Currently the software is in alpha and we're looking for some more users and are not sure where the best place is to drop an invite code or whatever other strategy will help us gather up some...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 14:33
Blank
Nfriend21
31 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.68K Views
Beta testing considerations

In terms of beta testing a restaurant review site; a) where would be the best place to find beta testers, b) generally how many beta testers would be sufficient, c) what are important aspects...

asked Jun 3 '11 at 05:59
Blank
Sam
509 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.62K Views
Good idea to publicize a free beta version of software before launching paid version?

Bad idea to get a lot of publicity for a free beta version though when I'm planning to start charging for it eventually? [EDITED TO ADD: Will it hurt future paid sales?] I have a software program...

asked Apr 25 '11 at 06:34
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
3.35K Views
Is there really a distinction between an Alpha and Beta releases?

I guess when there is an alpha, there is a beta :) but in the start-up maturity cycle, should there be a differentiation between an alpha and beta release? If so, what are some concrete...

asked Apr 30 '11 at 04:04
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
Best Practices For Releasing Features?

My question is two-fold: 1) If this is the age of iterative, and small releases, how do people pull off big releases? Are they in essence waiting too long to release the many small parts that make...

asked May 1 '11 at 05:36
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.51K Views
Good idea to use friends as beta testers?

I have developed a software product that I plan to sell, and I'm having a hard time finding beta testers (perhaps because the product is for use by members of one profession that is not...

asked Apr 11 '11 at 03:30
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.63K Views
Good idea to send beta version of software to bloggers?

I have a software program that I'd like to sell after it's perfected, but I'm in a catch-22 situation; I'm trying to get publicity for the program (in part to attract more free beta users, who I'd...

asked Apr 2 '11 at 23:20
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
10.9K Views
How do you get feedback from your beta users ? Sample of questionnaires?

I am seeking for information in order to build a beta program feedback questionnaire. What do you recommend ? Which question are the most important ones ? Do you have some questionnaire samples...

asked Apr 6 '11 at 04:23
Blank
Pillona
355 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
How to offer BETA Codes?

I have launched a web app a couple of days ago in closed BETA and I have been trying quite hard to contact relevant bloggers (about 12 of them now) to post/tweet about my startup and to offer BETA...

asked Feb 26 '11 at 01:31
Blank
Carl
33 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
4.94K Views
Get beta testers

I'm working on a website that I'll need beta tested soon. It's a startup. Where should I go to get a good pool of testers? It would also be great to have a good pool of hackers who can show...

asked Jan 5 '11 at 05:21
Blank
Kirk Strobeck
80 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.41K Views
How do you get initial exposure for a community-based crowd sourcing website?

For the past year I've been working on a recipe-sharing startup called Fridge to Food based on the idea of crowd sourcing recipes. We went to public beta a few months ago and I've been doing rounds...

asked Dec 22 '10 at 04:13
Blank
Daniel Bingham
148 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.37K Views
Screen recorder for beta testers

We use usertesting.com and love it. But we also have some beta testers we have relationships with who will be testing our product. The question - usertesting.com uses this screen capture program...

asked Dec 15 '10 at 03:44
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
3K Views
Advice on getting early Beta testers

My site just went into Beta release last week. I am at the point where I would like to get a certain number of Beta users on the site so that I can get more feedback. Right now I have people using...

asked Dec 1 '10 at 18:22
Blank
John
161 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.27K Views
How can you (best) monetize a beta?

Suppose that your product is going into beta, with potential for 1,000s of beta testers. But being a small company, you would like to try to get a little money now to ease development costs for...

asked Sep 16 '10 at 06:31
Blank
Nbeecroft
515 points

14 Votes
8 Answers
3.97K Views
Taking care of beta testers

In the development of our application, we've relied heavily on a handful of beta testers. Their input has been very, very valuable and has no doubt made our application much, much better than it...

asked May 26 '10 at 05:44
Blank
Ryan
71 points