Launch Questions

10 Votes
4 Answers
3.52K Views
How to request a review from bloggers?

We do have a product without demo, we only give out evaluation copies to potential clients and people who'd like to do a review the product. It's a long story why we don't have a demo, suffice to...

asked Jan 20 '10 at 07:54
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.34K Views
Launching Enterprise Software

The enterprise software business is unique. What steps would you take for launching your enterprise software once it is ready? Thanks. Edit: Lets use targeting the manufacturing industry...

asked Dec 23 '09 at 05:23
Blank
Big Tuna
349 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.26K Views
How to convert Beta Users to Sales

We've just finished a quite successful beta, most of the beta users were happy. Now we are ready to release the product and this is an enterprise product so we are not directly going to sell to...

asked Dec 8 '09 at 08:05
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.86K Views
Is launching just before Christmas/New-Year a good idea?

We've had our app in beta for the past few months and we recently launched a major update which gets us to the point where I'm happy calling it a version 1. There's still a million and one things...

asked Dec 9 '09 at 10:41
Blank
Rlivsey
206 points

8 Votes
8 Answers
3.19K Views
Best Place to Get Good Constructive Feedback on New Site

Where is the best place to get some good constructive feedback for a site we just launched? Is that a place like this one or a different medium? Any input would be appreciated. Thank You!

asked Nov 20 '09 at 23:46
Blank
Colttrickle
41 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.41K Views
Release or wait for data to be available?

We are planning to launch a web site for real estate ads. Actually, it's a web site where real estate agents can post properties(houses, flat, land) to sell or to rent. Then other people can look...

asked Nov 21 '09 at 00:58
Blank
Pattchen
16 points

19 Votes
9 Answers
4.35K Views
Do I launch website now or wait for my application to be v1.0?

I'm in the process of developing a desktop application and I expect the first version to be finished by mid-march 2010. I have purchased the domain name and I'm very happy with the one I've got. My...

asked Nov 23 '09 at 11:27
Blank
Smart Company Software
1,190 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
First Product Launch - help!

I'm hoping to launch my first product of my first start-up in the month or so (New Year time-frame). Any advice as to how to avoid problems and get it out there quickly, easily and effectively?...

asked Nov 27 '09 at 19:15
Blank
Alistair Collins
181 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.02K Views
Found product with the same name but from another country before launch

We've invested time and money into advertising our product which we will be launching next month. We just discovered another product with the same name just launched in a European country. Their...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 04:07
Blank
Big Tuna
349 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
How do you run a good alpha/beta program?

What are good tips to run an alpha/beta consumer program for a web app? I want to engage the early users, test out a number of things and generate buzz. What are any tips or resources you can think...

asked Nov 7 '09 at 05:40
Blank
Jer Levine
173 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.57K Views
My startup built on ASP.NET/SQL Server 2008 stack. What are my hosting options? Costs?

I'm in the final stages of development on my startup. The site is built in ASP.NET using SQL Server 2008. It is a consumer-focused website that I intend to concept-test next month and gather...

asked Nov 8 '09 at 07:42
Blank
Joe A
1,196 points

11 Votes
13 Answers
3.7K Views
When is the good time to quit the dayjob and start full time on startup?

I am recently passed out college graduate. Currently working in a mnc for full time job and also with couple of friends working a web based product during extra hours. We are expecting to complete...

asked Nov 10 '09 at 05:00
Blank
Prabodh
83 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.89K Views
Website launch strategy with

My partner and I would like to lunch a new marketplace for products that, for obvious reasons, we can't disclose at this point. We don't have any patent or proprietary IP to raise the entrance...

asked Nov 13 '09 at 19:11
Blank
Gera
91 points

11 Votes
2 Answers
3.64K Views
Solving the Chicken and Egg Problem

My partner and I are in the development phase of a website which essentially is a new marketplace for a sector that we believe is lacking one. However most of our resources are going for design...

asked Nov 14 '09 at 19:44
Blank
Gera
91 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.35K Views
Blog exposure - before or after beta?

We're getting close to launching a new product, and I'm trying to decide the right timing for press. We plan to run an invite only beta for a week or two, followed by a larger beta group before...

asked Oct 26 '09 at 13:45
Blank
Justyn
892 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
How to deal with employee leaving for big competitor right before launch?

An employee of ours has given notice and leaving for our largest competitor just days before we're about to launch our main product. Since we are a small team, she is critical to finishing it for...

asked Feb 20 '14 at 23:50
Blank
Wendell Scott
11 points

5 Votes
10 Answers
4.06K Views
Should I get an MBA first, or just go ahead and launch our software to the global market?

Basically we created a small company a few years ago, and part of our venture is that we created this software which is really easy to use, but it currently exists only in our local language. There...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 07:24
Blank
User14
26 points