Sales Questions

Discuss startup sales strategies and what it takes to sell the product that you’ve designed and developed.

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
How to motivate sales person?

It is pretty clear that money alone is not sufficient to motivate a programmer. Things like giving them meaningful, challenging work and providing a supporting environment can motivate them far...

asked Apr 10 '12 at 13:01
Blank
Graviton
871 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.02K Views
Pitch Deck - Financial Projections for an Internet Startup

I'm building a pitch deck for an internet startup. I've read other financial projections and pro-formas which have quite irrelevant accounting. Our main expenses are simply server costs --...

asked Apr 13 '12 at 10:53
Blank
Delos Chang
101 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
16K Views
What's a typical sales compensation for professional services firms?

We are looking at hiring our first sales person (who is not one of the partners) so that we (the partners) can focus on building the business instead of Lead Generation/Qualification. The question...

asked Mar 27 '12 at 05:49
Blank
Jd Blue Audi S4
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Paying sales and use taxes in the state of incorporation for sales outside the state?

I have an LLC that is formed in NC. The LLC sells software online; the software is downloaded through the website. The website is run through GoDaddy, which is in Arizona, I think. The programmer...

asked Apr 2 '12 at 11:20
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
How to find people with business background to complete the team?

We are a very strong team technology-wise but little start-up/business experience on board. It would make an awful lot of sense to extend the team with someone who potentially has start-up...

asked Mar 13 '12 at 15:31
Blank
Michael Hausenblas
118 points

8 Votes
7 Answers
5.1K Views
Should I send sales emails from [email protected] or [email protected]?

I don't want to appear impersonal, but having a sales specific email address would be useful to let everyone who is doing sales have access to it. What do you do? And how has it worked out for you?

asked Mar 2 '12 at 08:24
Blank
Drew
141 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.64K Views
How do I decide on licensing terms for my popular app?

I wrote a sudoku application and put it in the chrome app store. It is quite popular. I have received serious requests from media companies asking to include my application as part of their mobile...

asked Mar 4 '12 at 03:51
Blank
Hvgotcodes
171 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.66K Views
I made a product, now how can I find customers?

This question gets asked repeatedly every day on this site in many different facets, but essentially boils down to this: I made a product. How do I get customers?

asked Feb 21 '12 at 06:44
Blank
Michael Pryor
2,250 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
4.81K Views
Selling assets of my company, can I treat as capital gains tax at 15%?

I've been approached by people wanting to buy the assets (not stock) of my company (single member llc) which consist primarily of my mobile app its source code the server code that supports the...

asked Feb 12 '12 at 10:39
Blank
Kirk
26 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
Commission or Compensation for a Regional Outside Salesman for a Product-Based Business?

My Company & Personal Background I have never hired/managed a sales person, but I would like to hire my first. From when I founded the company 3 years ago up until now, I've only received...

asked Feb 13 '12 at 08:09
Blank
Clint
695 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
1.84K Views
percentage for revenue developer and sales man

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? Im a developer of mobile apps [mostly iOS, a bit of android]. I work by day on iOS development, with a few...

asked Feb 13 '12 at 14:21
Blank
Ma Ko
106 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
4.04K Views
How would you convince a domain owner to sell his domain to you?

I'm wanting to have a domain name for my business that has already been registered by someone but that he is not using. He is offering it to me for $1000 (which is too much for me) and I offered...

asked Feb 13 '12 at 16:04
Blank
Aditya
18 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.81K Views
What type of employee do I need?

My SaaS company consists of myself (founder and developer), another developer, and a support person. Our new app is starting to gain traction, and as a result, I'm on the phone with potential / new...

asked Feb 14 '12 at 13:17
Blank
Hodge
30 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.75K Views
20% equity for introduction to a major client

I have built a product in the past 4 years for traders that is being used by a few accounts. I haven't done any marketing at all so far, the few clients using it are a few beta testers that have...

asked Feb 15 '12 at 02:15
Blank
Joe
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.8K Views
Fair commission for sales agent

My start-up is going to provide B2B custom software development services on a project by project basis. I have been talking to a prospective sales agent, who would take over the following...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 21:31
Blank
Phil
13 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
Small Company's time to shine

For more background on my company, see the question entitled: "A “competitive edge” for an offshore development company?" We have landed a meeting (scheduled for about 5 days from now) with a very...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 01:48
Blank
Davey Boy
55 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
LLC Tax Laws ::: Groupon Vouchers

TheCompany, LLC is a Groupon type service that offers local business discounts in the form of a redeemable voucher. I, TheCompany.com will offer a platform that businesses can make "Daily Deal"...

asked Feb 7 '12 at 08:07
Blank
Dan Kanze
118 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Require a contract of sale for a website

I'm selling a fully operating website and require a contract of sale for the UK. Can anyone recommend where I can find guidance or a template online?

asked Feb 8 '12 at 05:46
Blank
Jacqueline Casey
6 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Hiring a Sales Intern

I am considering hiring an intern for this upcoming summer. This intern would be responsible for primarily cold-calling potential customers and trying to drive sales. I don't know much about pure...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 03:02
Blank
Startup Leader
140 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.76K Views
Sales Commission website with Geolocation?

I'm looking for a Customer Relationship Management solution with an easy to use interface. The simplest way to describe what I'm looking for is through a [very rough!] mockup: The idea is that...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 22:38
Blank
A T
38 points