Sales Questions

Discuss startup sales strategies and what it takes to sell the product that you’ve designed and developed.

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.08K Views
Selling to enterprises: how to deal with "your solution is out of our budget" negotiation tactic?

We sell a SaaS solution to enterprise clients that has a long sales cycle. I often see companies use the "your solution is out of our budget" tactic to keep on negotiating lower rates. This is...

asked Apr 9 '14 at 14:14
Blank
Robert Gutierrez
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
B2B physical product: charge for samples or provide them for free?

I'm starting a business similar to Zazzle, but geared more towards B2B products. The sales process is unfamiliar territory for me.What should I do if companies ask for samples? Should I charge for...

asked Apr 4 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Jorge Bolton
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.3K Views
How do you measure effectiveness of content like white papers, e-books and case studies?

They take a lot of time and effort to create, but how do you know if customers actually look at them? And which parts?

asked Mar 28 '14 at 06:03
Blank
Michael Feng
51 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.58K Views
Where can I find a commission only sales person?

I want to offer a particular video creation service -- one minute kinetic text videos with voiceover and music -- and have capacity to take 10 to 20 clients each month. The trouble is, as far as...

asked Mar 15 '14 at 23:38
Blank
There Will Be Anything
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Biggest problem companies have hiring sales people?

What would you say is the biggest friction point in hiring good sales people that can sell well?

asked Feb 24 '14 at 20:33
Blank
Shaina Mc Cullough
10 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.89K Views
Learning how to sell SaaS to enterprise clients?

I am the technical co-founder of my startup with some marketing experience (AdWords, SEO). What should I learn on how to sell software to enterprise clients?Our current customer base is mainly...

asked Feb 18 '14 at 08:54
Blank
Daryl Marks
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.79K Views
SaaS sales without sales people. How can just two hackers do it?

My co-founder and I are creating a SaaS product similar to Basecamp with our own funds. We don't have the resources to hire anyone to do sales right now. When we launch, what are some unique...

asked Feb 8 '14 at 21:00
Blank
Araki
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.93K Views
How to make people to speak about their handicap? Especially ADD/ADHD

We've built a homepage to help people suffering from ADD/ADHD by learning poems. The homepage is built for mostly the k8-k12 sector. (nice drawings, text for children, etc.)But our stats are not as...

asked Dec 3 '13 at 11:12
Blank
Picibucor
69 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Two new "business minded" devs - Do we need a Hustler?

I am working on a hardware-software combo B2B startup in Seattle. We've only been around for 2 weeks on a part-time basis. We are two somewhat experienced software/web devs. Together we secured a...

asked Dec 4 '13 at 14:45
Blank
User2990504
21 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.17K Views
Point of Sale Solutions for a tech savy company

I am in the process of opening a retail establishment. I am personally developing a phone app and website which will interface with a mysql database to display certain relevant information about...

asked Dec 7 '13 at 18:14
Blank
Plattnum
26 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
How do you recover from a disastrous introduction?

Through some networking, I met someone, John, who said he would introduce me to a friend of his for a prospective sale. I knew the person he was talking about and I really wanted to meet her and...

asked Nov 21 '13 at 01:48
Blank
Ray023
198 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Should a partner who is handling sales receive commisions plus half of the profits?

I am starting a two person partnership. We are offering a service at 500.00 a month per client, the operating costs are 150 per month per client. We will be giving salesmen 20% (100) leaving approx...

asked Oct 24 '13 at 14:19
Blank
Michael Nesmith
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
How can I attract investors for insurance software? Is there an avenue for this type of technology software?

I have designed an insurance software. QFD - Smart Design is an Insurance Accelerator which is designed to assist insurance companies with sales and the up-selling of their product lines. I hide...

asked Nov 5 '13 at 05:37
Blank
Michel Sabourin
6 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
7.24K Views
Fair commission rates for freelance sales rep and a creative services business

I have been pouring over books and the internet for an answer to this question. I understand that this type of question "depends" on many things but if people have had similar experience if would...

asked Sep 16 '13 at 01:29
Blank
Matt R
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.13K Views
Method for initial marketing

We have a startup, which does accounting for tiny companies. We have successfully tested the service with success for a few customers. These are happy with the service and keep renewing. Now I am...

asked Aug 26 '13 at 16:16
Blank
David
1,567 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.95K Views
Value based pricing

"Pricing is actually pretty simple... customers will not pay literally a penny more than the true value of the product" With that in mind, how do you determine the real differentiating value of a...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 01:09
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
Best way to refer to software app customization (in a Quote)

I have to provide a quote for a 12 month subscription to my SaaS app to a large company. The company wants Single Sign On integration. I will have an item in the quote for this work, but I'm...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 18:38
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
Not getting a response on quotes

I have recently begun employment in a B2B sales environment. I have only previously worked in a retail environment and have only dealt with immediate decisions on purchasing products. I am doing...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 23:32
Blank
Callie
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.27K Views
How should we market our software for Yoga Teachers?

We recently launched a software for Yoga Teachers to help them with their business around 3 weeks ago. The software has a free version that can be used for 30 days and has a pay per month version...

asked Jul 31 '13 at 15:01
Blank
John E
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.74K Views
What are the slow months for B2B, and why

We sell shrinkwrap software to other companies, and we've been in business for just less than a year. Our sales are about 45-50% to the US, 20% UK, 10% to Australia and the rest to other countries....

asked Aug 1 '13 at 20:14
Blank
Paul Stovell
204 points