Sales Questions

Discuss startup sales strategies and what it takes to sell the product that you’ve designed and developed.

3 Votes
1 Answers
Whats your opinion on using freelancing sites over other lead generation techniques

We are an outsourced software product development company from India, quite recently started. We started using freelancing sites for finding prospects as it was the easiest way to get started till...

asked Nov 8 '11 at 02:59
Blank
Ameya Phadke
56 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Best way to provide leads to sales team?

Let's say a marketing team generates about 50 leads a day. What are some strategies on how to distribute these leads to a sales team to maximize ROI?

asked Apr 25 '14 at 14:58
Blank
Mary Hayes
2 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
How to contact small business owners?

I'm creating a product that targets local small businesses. Every small business that I try to reach out to, gives the same response along the lines of "the owner isn't here right now, try back...

asked Apr 25 '14 at 12:42
Blank
Jennifer Wright
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Fastest way to build an email list for your niche?

What is the fastest way to build a large email list of potential customers that you can pitch your product to?PS. I don't mean mass emailing people, but contacting them one by one manually and...

asked Apr 19 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Russel Corley
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Should you have a cap on sales commissions?

I have a small sales team that gets a commission for each new client they sign on for a B2B SaaS app.Should I cap their commissions at some point? What are some strategies on how to structure sales...

asked Apr 18 '14 at 21:40
Blank
Patricia Brock
12 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Sales people: How do you overcome the feeling of potentially wasting leads?

It's easier for other professions, like programming, where you have unlimited chances. If your code isn't right, you can correct it. With sales, that isn't the case.In sales you only get one try...

asked Apr 14 '14 at 15:59
Blank
Benito Smith
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Selling to enterprises: how to deal with "your solution is out of our budget" negotiation tactic?

We sell a SaaS solution to enterprise clients that has a long sales cycle. I often see companies use the "your solution is out of our budget" tactic to keep on negotiating lower rates. This is...

asked Apr 9 '14 at 14:14
Blank
Robert Gutierrez
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
B2B physical product: charge for samples or provide them for free?

I'm starting a business similar to Zazzle, but geared more towards B2B products. The sales process is unfamiliar territory for me.What should I do if companies ask for samples? Should I charge for...

asked Apr 4 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Jorge Bolton
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Do sales people get commission for deals closed after they've left the company? Ones they were involved with while employed.

By law, are sales employees entitled to commissions on the deals they were working on, but were closed by someone else after they left the company?I guess this question would apply to recruiters as...

asked Mar 28 '14 at 21:29
Blank
Darrell Moore
12 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How do you measure effectiveness of content like white papers, e-books and case studies?

They take a lot of time and effort to create, but how do you know if customers actually look at them? And which parts?

asked Mar 28 '14 at 06:03
Blank
Michael Feng
51 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Process for selling a SaaS product to government agencies?

I would like to pursue an idea for a software product targeted at government agencies. It's a real problem and a real solution to that issue that will improve their processes.What is the process of...

asked Mar 17 '14 at 19:43
Blank
David Owens
20 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Where can I find a commission only sales person?

I want to offer a particular video creation service -- one minute kinetic text videos with voiceover and music -- and have capacity to take 10 to 20 clients each month. The trouble is, as far as...

asked Mar 15 '14 at 23:38
Blank

0 Votes
0 Answers
Sales team compensation structure?

What are some good ways to structure compensation for your sales people? We have a SaaS product and here is the structure I've currently defined for sales people we'll hire: $30K base salary 10% of...

asked Mar 7 '14 at 16:24
Blank
Juan Anderson
30 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
One-man operation trying to get enterprise clients. Any advice?

I'm a solo developer building a SaaS app that targets the enterprise market.How can I get over any hurdles to sell to them? I'm guessing that large corporations won't like buying software from a...

asked Mar 3 '14 at 12:36
Blank
Lora Mc Intyre
55 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Biggest problem companies have hiring sales people?

What would you say is the biggest friction point in hiring good sales people that can sell well?

asked Feb 24 '14 at 20:33
Blank
Shaina Mc Cullough
10 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.33K Views
Learning how to sell SaaS to enterprise clients?

I am the technical co-founder of my startup with some marketing experience (AdWords, SEO). What should I learn on how to sell software to enterprise clients?Our current customer base is mainly...

asked Feb 18 '14 at 08:54
Blank
Daryl Marks
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.04K Views
SaaS sales without sales people. How can just two hackers do it?

My co-founder and I are creating a SaaS product similar to Basecamp with our own funds. We don't have the resources to hire anyone to do sales right now. When we launch, what are some unique...

asked Feb 8 '14 at 21:00
Blank
Araki
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How to scale a SaaS enterprise product without a huge sales team?

What are some strategies that one can employ to reduce the size of one's sales team and still effectively grow a SaaS enterprise product?

asked Dec 11 '13 at 05:46
Blank
Mike
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
Sales Funnel vs Purchase/Adoption Funnel

I am trying to understand the relationship between the Sales funnel (Leads become prospects become customers) and the purchase funnel (awareness to interest to evaluation to purchase). Are they...

asked Dec 2 '13 at 14:21
Blank
Sridhar Sarnobat
101 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.62K Views
How to make people to speak about their handicap? Especially ADD/ADHD

We've built a homepage to help people suffering from ADD/ADHD by learning poems. The homepage is built for mostly the k8-k12 sector. (nice drawings, text for children, etc.)But our stats are not as...

asked Dec 3 '13 at 11:12
Blank
Picibucor
69 points