Subscriptions Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
Can I calculate LTV from number of total members and number of current members

I'm trying to calculate average customer lifetime value of a membership site. The data available to me is unfortunately either incomplete or very simplistic (or else I don't know how to extract...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 06:27
Blank
Eoinoc
110 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.58K Views
Pivoting problem for a food subscription startup

I launched my website which sells healthy snack subscriptions about two months ago. We provide healthy snack alternatives to white collars. That arent available other than our site We sell...

asked Jun 16 '11 at 05:54
Blank
Hakkasan
21 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
UK based subscription web app - best payment provider for $5 per month payments

I am currently developing a SaaS product and am at an impasse in terms of how to charge. The subscription is only going to be $5 per month. Although I'm in the UK, my main market is going to be...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 18:35
Blank
Sam Delaney
28 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
1.98K Views
Bill the clients automatically or send them an invoice?

I am working on a monthly subscription site in which users can cancel/upgrade/downgrade anytime they want. I am integrating the payment module with Paypal and would like to know the pros and cons...

asked Feb 21 '11 at 07:10
Blank
User3462
345 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.08K Views
Selling PPC... Shared or Dedicated?

I want to sell PPC to white collar professional service businesses (lawyers, accountants, etc.) I already am a website designer marketing to these folks. I could create a website that sells a...

asked Mar 2 '11 at 12:22
Blank
Randy
249 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
When to consider Free or Paid model for website product

If you had an online product that filled a significant nitch, would you let members use your site for free instead of following through on a paid model? Inline with this question, assume that this...

asked Feb 15 '11 at 05:50
Blank
John
161 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.54K Views
Upgrades, Downgrades and Cancellations in Paypal recurring service

I plan on using Paypal for a monthly subscription service and would like to know how to handle the Upgrade/Downgrade/Cancellation from users: For cancellation, is it recommended to develop the...

asked Jan 15 '11 at 10:17
Blank
User3462
345 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
3.59K Views
Third-party subscription payment processing like Recurly?

Does anyone have any experience with third-party subscription payment processing services like Recurly? What else is there?

asked Dec 4 '10 at 07:31
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.63K Views
Financial model examples for downloadable content subscriptions

We're preparing a pitch deck for our startup which looks to partly make money from downloadable content. We'd like to add a subscription model for the content, and we are looking for examples of...

asked Dec 7 '10 at 01:50
Blank
B20000
126 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.7K Views
Are there services that handle subscription payment for web applications?

I currently run a startup that sells an iPhone app through the App Store. I love that the App Store takes care of the work of charging users, collection of sales tax, basic reporting, etc. and just...

asked Dec 15 '10 at 12:35
Blank
Bill
198 points

9 Votes
6 Answers
4.33K Views
Anyone done A/B tests on SaaS plan names?

I am adding paid plans for my online service and would like to know what subscription plan names to use. Should I go with Gold, Silver, Bronze or Basic, Premium, Standard??

asked Nov 22 '10 at 10:20
Blank
Nick H
120 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Reseller Discounts for Annual Maintenance?

We offer our resellers (ones that actively go out and sell to customers) a 25% discount on software licenses. We have just introduced an annual maintenance fee, at 20% of current list price at the...

asked Jun 4 '10 at 18:01
Blank
Cocowalla
327 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
4.69K Views
Use Spreedly or Chargify or neither?

I plan to add subscription plan(s) to my website (built using ASP.NET). I may be using Paypal as the payment gateway for now. I might consider adding credit card payments in the future. Although...

asked May 1 '10 at 07:44
Blank
User2306
232 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.54K Views
Annual Maintenance Payments

We are planning on introducing an annual maintenance fee for a new enterprise-level product we will soon be launching. How do you handle when the payments are to be made? For example, let's say a...

asked Mar 12 '10 at 23:28
Blank
Cocowalla
327 points

11 Votes
7 Answers
3.32K Views
How do you raise price?

This is follow-up to my previous question. Inspired by the answers, we did a quick customer survey. We asked the standard question "would you recommend our service to a friend?" and "what is the...

asked Feb 1 '10 at 02:23
Blank
Tambet
215 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
4.08K Views
What are Advantages and Disadvantages of Pricing Monthly Subscriptions?

I've recently the post on the question: Subscription Pricing Starting Strategy: start high and lower, or start low and raise?, and I also read the articles and comments for: QuickSprout: Customer...

asked Dec 22 '09 at 09:28
Blank
Matt
460 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
Subscription payments for download software

We will be licensing 2 downloadable software products, both aimed at animation / game development professionals / studios (1 plugin, 1 SDK / library) where subscription pricing is not currently...

asked Jan 6 '10 at 02:10
Blank
Ian Wilson
88 points

13 Votes
9 Answers
5.64K Views
Should SAAS have tiered pricing for different countries?

For a start-up providing a web-app to customers on a subscription basis, do you think that the benefits of different geographic pricing outweigh the downside? My rationale is that while North...

asked Nov 1 '09 at 18:56
Blank
User1084
363 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.9K Views
How to do a trial offer?

We'd like to offer 30 day trial for a subscription service. Has anyone experimented with that? We will probably do a bunch of testing with it but I'd really like to hear your experiences on: 1)...

asked Oct 18 '09 at 08:38
Blank
Slav Ivanov
1,146 points

11 Votes
12 Answers
5.95K Views
subscription based models, how to determine pricing?

I am nearly ready to launch, however I need to determine a pricing for monthly payments by the clients. How do you price it? Each time a user uses the product it costs us money through hardware...

asked Oct 20 '09 at 04:53
Blank
Gagwgw
227 points