Getting Started Questions

These are the basics you'll need if you're looking to be an entrepreneur and start marketing yourself.

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.12K Views
Do i have to register with government for a Charity initiative site?

By profession I'm a software developer and recently me and my friend have thought of creating a web application that totally focuses on charity to underprivileged or providing things to the needy....

asked May 24 '13 at 17:36
Blank
Vikneshwar
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.54K Views
H1b transfer for new small corp c startup

How easy/doable/possible it is for an early small (two man) funded start-up to hire someone how is now working with H1B for another company and we apply for a H1B transfer for him to come join us?

asked Jun 1 '13 at 17:44
Blank
I Code
111 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.03K Views
joining a startup, question about equity

(also posted on The Workplace ) A friend of mine (no tech bg, but lots of business xp) is planning to found a startup and has invited me to be the CTO. I have some background working in IT and in...

asked Jun 2 '13 at 06:14
Blank
User26496
1 point

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.62K Views
Better to open a company in my own country or in USA?

Recently I have been thinking about opening a new company, specifically, a pizzeria. I'm from Brazil and here I already have a restaurant on São Paulo - SP, state of Brazil. Initially my objective...

asked Jun 3 '13 at 06:45
Blank
Carlos Xavier
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Changing my publication name to another one

I have launched a publication last year August 2012. So far I have 365 readers. Now I realised that the market is changing and also need to get along with the change. I also want to incorporate a...

asked Apr 25 '13 at 00:47
Blank
User25994
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Solving the chicken and egg problem: how to attract paying customers

I am having a bit of a catch-22 with my business model. I am trying to link employers to prospective employees based on personality/work ethic profiles (think eHarmony for jobs). However, I need a...

asked May 1 '13 at 14:24
Blank
User26065
8 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.88K Views
The Road not Taken ... where's the restart button?

If failed at a business startup, what does it take to have another go? Precis: Left a safe academic job to start up my own services company ... just in time for the Global Financial Crisis. So now...

asked May 4 '13 at 02:34
Blank
Drllau
501 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.82K Views
Planning for an Acquisition Strategy

I am a software developer half-way through the design and prototyping of what I believe will be a very successful new software product. Soon I will begin development, and am currently planning on...

asked May 6 '13 at 12:02
Blank
Ticket Monster
126 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
Getting divorce after starting a company in Florida

I am a married guy in state of Florida and I am in the initial phase of my first web startup. Well, the things are not running smooth at personal level and sooner I will be getting a divorce with...

asked May 11 '13 at 04:29
Blank
Coder
28 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
How improbable is it that a founder with student loan debt will grab seed funding?

I noticed that student loan debt is almost never mentioned in articles discussing the acquisition of angel funding and funding from VC's. I have a hard time believing that investors will invest in...

asked May 14 '13 at 07:19
Blank
Mr Spock
106 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.66K Views
How to bring a simple product to market?

I have what I consider to be a simple and great idea. Like many people. Obviously, I won't describe it here, but I'll give a simple example of similar scale for answerers to work with. Say my idea...

asked May 14 '13 at 11:20
Blank
Aerovistae
115 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
4.19K Views
startup: work on something i personally like or work on something that would sell?

I am going to start working on a project, but divided between two project ideas. The first one is interesting to me personally, and I have been toying with it for some time as an evening hobby,...

asked Apr 5 '13 at 13:16
Blank
Mitten
31 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.19K Views
Is immigrating to the US really that hard for foreign entrepreneurs?

I keep reading about the high percentage of tech startups in the US that are founded by immigrant entrepreneurs (39% in California ). I also keep reading about how hard immigrating to the US is for...

asked Apr 6 '13 at 16:01
Blank
Tyler
24 points

12 Votes
1 Answers
2.53K Views
There's a troll in my space - now what?

I've spent the last 3 months full-time building an alpha version of a web app, and developing a business plan for it. The alpha version is ready to launch. Recently I've stumbled upon the fact that...

asked Apr 15 '13 at 05:45
Blank
Amindfv
186 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
Foreign LLC vs Domestic LLC - Wyoming & South Carolina

Please help. I'll make this as simple and concise as possible: I will be manufacturing my own parts, AT HOME, in South Carolina. I intend to sell the products exclusively online with an online...

asked Mar 23 '13 at 00:41
Blank
George
21 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.47K Views
Two Separate Solutions or One

I am looking to offer a software solution which can target public and private audiences. By public, I mean that it can used for personal use. By private, I mean that it can used by companies. There...

asked Mar 25 '13 at 00:59
Blank
Jmogera
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
Did I Make A Mistake On A 60-40 Deal?

I am a software engineer, blogger, marketer and upcoming entrepreneur. I just programmed an app to help corporate sites in marketing. I did all that alone, launched it and started getting clients....

asked Mar 25 '13 at 04:15
Blank
Rasheeda
65 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.3K Views
How to start a collaborative platform

I want to start a website, but its success depends on users. So how can I launch it, knowing that without content, there are no users, and without users, there is no content ?

asked Mar 25 '13 at 05:42
Blank
Anas
99 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.81K Views
is it bad idea to starting up on your own?

(actually the title may be misleading, but couldn't find better one) I am planning for a start-up soon. I prefer to start it up all alone, but i have heard people saying start-up is a too-much an...

asked Mar 25 '13 at 16:12
Blank
Ay89
113 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.38K Views
Entrepreneur In-Waiting, valuing a start up business

After Years of having great business ideas and insight into the betting industry I have decided to bite the bullet and go ahead and start up my own business E-Commerce Business. I have a number...

asked Mar 26 '13 at 01:22
Blank
Peter S
6 points