Getting Started Questions

These are the basics you'll need if you're looking to be an entrepreneur and start marketing yourself.

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.33K Views
Whats best MVP on Mobile app with a local developer or web app with outsourcing team?

I've been outsourcing for a while to create the MVP on a web app. I never get what I'm asking for from these outsourcing teams, they take longer than expected, or they just disappear. It's been a...

asked Feb 19 '13 at 04:28
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.68K Views
Is my approach to find a cofounder flawed?

I've gone to countless networking events, underground entrepreneur groups, cofounder sites like CoFoundersLab, etc. I'm looking more on the business-dev. end. I've talked to quite a few 1:1 and...

asked Feb 19 '13 at 07:14
Blank
Code Talk
253 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
Splitting equity between founders

X was working part-time on an idea and after about a year and a basic demo in hand, he talked to two potential people (A and B) who would become co-founders but would work part-time just like X....

asked Jan 29 '13 at 19:53
Blank
Vibgy
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.8K Views
Hiring own team or outsourcing

I have recently started reading the blog and I feel it has been really helpful and helped me anticipate problems that I would not have foreseen otherwise. My question is related to the decision of...

asked Jan 31 '13 at 00:52
Blank
Trana
24 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Copyrighting an already existing name that is not copyrighted before

My friend runs a website called XYZ.com but hasnt copyrighted the name XYZ. I would want to use XYZ as the name of my startup too and would like to copyright it this time. Do i have to ask him...

asked Feb 2 '13 at 14:38
Blank
Karthik Kannan
156 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.53K Views
I don't agree with my social media marketing team. Please advice who is right

I am working on developing a platform that allows sports fans to interact with their star athletes. I have outsourced social media marketing for initial 2 months. Now we have developed differences...

asked Feb 5 '13 at 17:26
Blank
Trana
24 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.47K Views
Solar retailer business in india?

I am Sakthivel from india. I am willing to start a retail selling business on all solar products to general public in chennai. There are few facts for this decision. My state is in deficiency of...

asked Feb 6 '13 at 16:23
Blank
Codebrain
187 points

-2 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
What does a company get in return for investing in a web based startup company?

I have always been curious to know what a company gets in return for investing in a startup company that makes a healthy profit while continuing to grow. For example: Accel partners invested 12...

asked Jan 16 '13 at 00:34
Blank
Geddon
20 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.71K Views
How to get samples manufactured to showcase in front of clients?

Scenario: Currently we are starting to sell merchandising products to our cold call clients by meeting them personally. Our vision is to build a company that has a site portal where people can opt...

asked Jan 18 '13 at 03:56
Blank
Parmanand
9 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
'Using' others' ideas - what's the legality?

So a bunch of friends are always pitching ideas to each other. One day, one of my friends does one of these "this would be a great idea for a site". It's blown off as another of his 'ideas', but...

asked Jan 18 '13 at 09:29
Blank
Mark Mayo
106 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
How to protect myself from uncommitted co-founders

Two of us came together to work on an idea for a web startup. We end up killing the initial product and a third person joined. A new product is built and launched. It happens that I'm the...

asked Jan 19 '13 at 12:53
Blank
Nyxynyx
193 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
When is a business cofounder needed

I am technical founder right now of my own software startup. Right now, I'm developing the software and am seeking a business cofounder. I lack domain expertise in the various parts of the...

asked Jan 22 '13 at 06:30
Blank
Code Talk
253 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
2.88K Views
How can fewer features be better?

Just today I started to get interested in this field and I've started with Getting Real. I kept seeing answers here that recommend it and it also seems trustworthy. However, one thing I don't get...

asked Jan 28 '13 at 00:48
Blank
Ken
143 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
Product in Development what to do next?

My product is in development. By Feb 5th a beta should be released. For the mean time aside from getting traffic to prelaunch what else should I do ? I am the nontech founder. So Far I have...

asked Jan 28 '13 at 06:22
Blank
Ted
1 point

11 Votes
3 Answers
2.7K Views
How to start a company for my website and hire programmers without risk of losing my code?

I have a gaming website that is making me around 3000 Euros monthly. I see great potential to expand this website but it's not a 1 person job and I need to hire a programmer to help me speed up the...

asked Jan 3 '13 at 00:32
Blank
Sina Balochi
56 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
Starting a business for the second time

Fifteen years ago my family purchased a franchise. Within five years we realized the books were cooked and the clientele we purchased was not there. We went to court and lost (in my eyes) and...

asked Jan 5 '13 at 08:57
Blank
Matt 2.0
188 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.42K Views
Why investor require start-up having a co-founder?

I contacted a lot of investors and accelerators. I found most of them don`t care about the product itself too much, but strongly requiring start-up should have a co-founder. Why? Perhaps some of...

asked Dec 15 '12 at 09:26
Blank
Anlai
375 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.09K Views
Would it be beneficial for an internet startup to give money to twitter followers?

I need to generate some traffic for a internet startup and have been brainstorming ideas. My budget is limited, so I came up with the idea to give money to people who follow my startup on twitter....

asked Dec 16 '12 at 22:25
Blank
Mark
126 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.45K Views
How to fight with distraction problem?

I am a web entrepreneur and programmer. I am good at generating new ideas and refining them but now, my strength is being my weakness as when ever I am close to completing a a product, I get new...

asked Dec 17 '12 at 08:35
Blank
Sourabh
288 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
How to get long time clients

We are a startup web development venture based in India,we have some one time clients from e-commerce industry but they will not benefit us in the long run.So we are planning to showcase the work...

asked Dec 19 '12 at 15:05
Blank
Manu Kuriakose
36 points