B2B Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.41K Views
Does the Lean methodology make sense for B2B and if so what are the important aspects to consider?

The Lean Start-up methodology seems to make some implicit assumptions (such as about the number of available customers) that, IMHO, do apply well to B2C but not so much to B2B. Can anyone point me...

asked Mar 11 '12 at 23:23
Blank
Michael Hausenblas
118 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
2.41K Views
How to target businesses?

Assume that my company provides services (IT related). I want to offer those services to some companies. Probably those companies already have a provider, but I want to tell them why they need to...

B2B
asked Feb 17 '12 at 08:43
Blank
User194076
157 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.78K Views
Fair commission for sales agent

My start-up is going to provide B2B custom software development services on a project by project basis. I have been talking to a prospective sales agent, who would take over the following...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 21:31
Blank
Phil
13 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
B2B email marketing spam laws

When sending commercial emails to people you do not know, is there any difference between targeting b2b or b2c. For example, assume I send an email to a contact info of another company (for...

asked Dec 30 '11 at 21:44
Blank
Vondip
584 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.45K Views
Valuation for a B2B SAAS past prototype, but pre-launch?

This is a little complicated, but I have an interested group of angels asking for how much for 10%-20% of my company. I have no clue what to tell them, or what my valuation is. It is a B2B Saas...

asked Nov 12 '11 at 09:21
Blank
Amanda
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
What are the options for running online B2B Surveys?

We have not launched yet, so we have no customers. We are a B2B company. I have used www.kickfu.com for B2C surveys: it's cheap and quick. What are the best options for online B2B surveys?

asked Sep 29 '11 at 19:22
Blank
Etienne
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
Innovative ways to market a niche B2B product

My partner and I have developed a product that is focused on a very narrow industry vertical, and which fills a very specific need. In the grand scale of software, this particular type of software...

asked Sep 7 '11 at 23:44
Blank
Jason
279 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
Why do distributors or wholesalers hide their prices and ask for quotation request from the enquirer/potential buyers?

Why do distributors or wholesalers hide their prices and ask for quotation request from the enquirer/potential buyers? I have seen in many B2B internet websites. Please let me know. Thanks :)

asked Sep 10 '11 at 04:07
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.05K Views
How to communicate an increase in the yearly maintenance license?

I am selling an enterprise system. So far there has been no real sales-volume, so I do not have any price model to publish. The few customers I have are really happy with the solution. My...

asked Jun 20 '11 at 19:28
Blank
I Like Traffic Lights
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.8K Views
What can I do to optimize B2B sales conversions on my website?

I just redesigned my website and it's cluttered with information but it's all information I feel necessary to include so I think I need a second opinion. What should I change about my website to...

asked May 25 '11 at 05:48
Blank
Nir Levy
11 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.02K Views
Login with Google or Facebook on a B2B website - visitor perception

Reducing the barriers to using a website is often a key goal for an eCommerce business. One way of reducing the barrier to the whole 'register/sign up' process and the subsequent 'logging in with...

asked May 11 '11 at 01:14
Blank
Edralph
2,333 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
What is the best afforable marketing strategy for a start-up b2b web?

I would like to hear your thoughts on the best possible options for a cheap and effective marketing strategy for a b2b advertising website start-up? Since as you can imagine for most of start ups...

B2B
asked May 13 '11 at 14:10
Blank
New Web Start Up
11 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
As an European, is it possible to travel to the US on a tourist visa and visit companies to apply for jobs or business assignments in person?

As an European, is it possible to travel to the US on a tourist visa and visit companies to apply for jobs or business assignments in person? I. e. is it possible from a legal perspective, from a...

asked May 13 '11 at 23:52
Blank
Pongy
18 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
Best practices for Twitter B2B lead Generation

One of our client companies has just launched an aggressive Twitter campaign on behalf of the product with a focus on securing B2B clients. What best practices do you recommend for leveraging...

asked May 17 '11 at 14:13
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.63K Views
The difference between marketing B2C and B2B

What are the major differences in how to approach a B2C offering and a B2B offering? What I am looking for is the must-haves for each and the must-nots for each. Edit: We market a SaaS service...

asked May 10 '11 at 10:33
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

12 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
Sales pipelines. Should you only have 1 in a B2B software development company?

So you understand our scope : We are a custom software development company who have 2 primary markets Mid sized companies who have ongoing internal needs for...

asked Apr 18 '11 at 15:46
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.87K Views
How to narrow a specific target market from a larger overall market? (B2B SaaS)

We're in the final stages of building an online quoting system that automates quoting and lead generation for B2B companies, via their own website. The overall market for our software is large -...

asked Apr 16 '11 at 15:38
Blank
Mike
252 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Does my corporation needs a DUNs number, and the ability to search my DUNs report?

As part of our LegalZoom LLC package, we opted for a free DUNs number, because it was free. I got a call from D&B today stating that it was ~$290 for us to have a credit file with them, and...

B2B
asked Mar 31 '11 at 09:17
Blank
Justin
20 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Facebook/Twitter B2B?

What are your thoughts on Facebook and Twitter for primarily B2B businesses? It doesn't make much sense to me to have a facebook fan page if my services aren't really used by the general consumer....

asked Feb 9 '11 at 04:12
Blank
Big Tuna
349 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.55K Views
Hosting advice for B2B SaaS Startup - just sign-up page, and a blog

Ours is a B2B SaaS startup (LAMP stack). We are at a very early stage of the Startup. So, we don't need any dedicated hosting at this time. We have planned to use Amazon (not finalized though). In...

asked Jan 26 '11 at 15:39
Blank
Dhana
16 points