SEO Questions

1 Votes
5 Answers
5.01K Views
SERP position in google.us

I want to search the SERP position of my website keywords in google.us. The problem is that when I type google.us it redirects me to google.com. So how to find the position of the keywords in...

SEO
asked Mar 31 '11 at 13:53
Blank
Integrated S
64 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.05K Views
How much is this site worth?

I own a site that on which I "practiced" SEO. It isn't a real business. I only make money from it by putting Google AdSense and right now it makes just under $100 per month and growing, although I...

asked Apr 3 '11 at 14:16
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.7K Views
Anyone have any evidence that keyword URLs (with and without redirects) drive traffic?

I am launching a web application in the Fall for parent teacher conference scheduling. I have some real customers already using a version of the product, I'm ready with a Coming Soon page, have a...

asked Mar 28 '11 at 01:11
Blank
Keyton Weissinger
126 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
How to structure the multi-layered(?) blog of a startup

So, this is likely more of an "information architecture" sort of a question... but I admit, in the last 20years of internet revolution, I've been on the frontier of pretty much every new wave......

asked Mar 28 '11 at 12:48
Blank
Igorek
886 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Automated article submission to tech sites?

I'm looking to start increasing exposure to my website and I am looking to do so thru a series of small but quality articles that I plan to be publishing on a "few times per week" basis. There are...

asked Mar 21 '11 at 13:41
Blank
Igorek
886 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
7.09K Views
How do I find out what keyword a competitor is using?

By knowing a competitor's website URL, is there a way to find out for what keywords they are focussing their SEO efforts on (either organic search or adwords) and what ranking they have for those...

SEO
asked Feb 27 '11 at 04:23
Blank
User3462
345 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Top Position on Google search results overtaken by download sites

A couple of months back I launched Data Moving Tool, an application to Extract, Transform and Load data to and from any data source (database, flat files, etc). In an effort to boost my online...

asked Feb 18 '11 at 06:35
Blank
Jbb
33 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
How should a small business providing local services do link building to get ranked high in the search engines?

Assuming an appropriate amount of on-page optimization has been done, and a sites structure is good, how does a small local business acquire links without resorting to purchasing them? The...

asked Feb 19 '11 at 15:48
Blank
Mcohen75
157 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.83K Views
Approach to online marketing

What online marketing strategy do you use if you run site that sells services? Where do you start?

asked Jan 21 '11 at 12:17
Blank
Mat Banik
325 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
How to look for foreign customers via E-conmmerce?

I am now developing foreign market on bussiness of paper packaging products, like folding boxes, blister cards, brochures etc. You can refer to our website link text. Maybe a litter simple, i will...

asked Oct 12 '10 at 16:12
Blank
Jora Niu
3 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
3.64K Views
Does domain registration length have any effect on SEO?

I was recently playing around with the Website Grader at websitegrader.com and read this: Google and other search engines may penalize websites with domains that are set to expire soon. The reason...

asked Oct 7 '10 at 03:26
Blank
Ryan B
168 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3.05K Views
How much do you worry about keywords when blogging?

I'm relatively new to blogging - only been doing it for a few months. The common advice is to make your posts keyword rich for high search engine ranking. But I don't normally worry too much about...

asked Aug 26 '10 at 08:10
Blank
Zuly Gonzalez
9,194 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.74K Views
What are some common mistakes made when trying to implement SEO?

I'm no expert in this area, and I've heard that search engines can be very unforgiving when you try to change or restructure things in certain ways. What should I definitely NOT do? Are there...

asked Sep 12 '10 at 03:27
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.6K Views
Knowing what PPC keywords your competitors are using

I was checking out www.keywordcompetitor.com and they claim they can tell you what keywords your competitors are using in their PPC campaigns and organic listings. They can also monitor every move...

asked Jul 20 '10 at 05:40
Blank
Tony Henrich
85 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.04K Views
Mini-Site to attract Investors?

I have an idea about a web application type of website. I am wondering if I should make a mini site and allow users to sign up and get information about whats coming up. I can use the numbers of...

asked Aug 14 '10 at 04:03
Blank
Bhargav Patel
784 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
What's the difference between others linking to you and a backlink?

I've been reading up about SEO that emphasizes the importance of backlinks. It appears that I can find out the backlinks by doing a google search using the syntax link:www.mysite.com My question...

asked Aug 21 '10 at 23:39
Blank
User2306
232 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.09K Views
Can I work on my SEO and have my web site "invisible"?

Here is a kind of confusing :) web site/SEO newbie question. I was looking for answer everywhere, but it is hard to find the one I was looking for. The question: Since my product is still not...

asked Jun 10 '10 at 00:14
Blank
Spiro
105 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Toolkit

Does anyone use the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Toolkit? I found this article from Scott Gu and it looks pretty good. Before I spend my time on it I want to know if its worth it. Thanks

SEO
asked Jun 11 '10 at 04:13
Blank
Stefanos Tses
981 points

13 Votes
9 Answers
4.99K Views
What are your top 3 - 5 SEO tips?

We're working on improving our website. We're using WordPress with the "All in One SEO Pack" plugin. But I have very limited knowledge on this topic. I'm interested in hearing what your top SEO...

asked Jun 24 '10 at 13:47
Blank
Zuly Gonzalez
9,194 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Company or Product name for domain? Which one for sells and SEO?

I will register all six names (.com, .net, .org) for both my company and my product. At the present, all six will reddirect to ONE of them, but I am not sure which domain should be my main, where I...

asked Jul 7 '10 at 23:17
Blank
Spiro
105 points