Finance Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.3K Views
Is it necessary to have a Co-founder and team and then go to VC

I have single-handedly written all code needed for an alpha/beta till date. Now i want to go beta and hire marketing professionals and a developer. For that i need money and VC funds. Shall i...

asked Apr 13 '12 at 23:02
Blank
aditya tiwari
8 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.31K Views
Startup Financial Plan

I need to prepare a financial/cashflow/budget plan for my startup. Can anyone offer suggestions about what items I should include or exclude? Are there any 'templates' available for preparing this...

asked Feb 24 '12 at 18:32
Blank
Ben Cornwell
16 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
7.77K Views
Funding: Kickstarter or Family Loan?

Background I've been working on a video game for android devices (i.e. an app) for some months now, and I'm getting close to completing a solid, well polished product I'm lucky enough to have an...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 11:32
Blank
James Coote
130 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
What is the best way to facilitate payouts to users bank accounts?

What is the best way to facilitate payouts to user bank accounts? After checking with my local bank wire-transfers are $25 each and can't be triggered programmatically. Where else should I explore...

asked Nov 16 '11 at 06:34
Blank
User1305
101 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
Ads or no Ads for a web app?

I'm just about to release my first publicly available web app, and I'm wondering what type of revenue model to use. Basically, the entire idea of the app is that it does not require log ins, so,...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 08:15
Blank
Dhaivat Pandya
111 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
6.08K Views
Can we use the tax classification of "disregarded entity" for our LLC if all owners live and work outside the US?

We have registered a US LLC to help us get a US bank account. We are based in the UK, however we have some suppliers we import from in the US and we have clients who will purchase from us in the...

asked Nov 9 '11 at 22:24
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
How usually companies pays out percentage for developers?

I would like to know roughly how the payments are done if the company was started by two developers and me, owner. Let's say, I give them 10 % each, thats 20 % of the company's profit product....

asked Oct 26 '11 at 21:50
Blank
John
38 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
2.83K Views
How much accounting should a founder of a startup know?

I just started up a mobile game company, set up Quickbooks online, and now I'm trying to read up on accounting. Right now I'm reading The Accounting Game. It's a great book and it makes really...

asked Nov 4 '11 at 17:19
Blank
Edgar Miranda
230 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.47K Views
To launch a website business, what do I need for funding?

I just want to have my own website where I sell products that I manufacture using CAD software. I'm trying to look three ahead because that's supposedly how long it takes for a business to start...

asked Oct 8 '11 at 16:55
Blank
Wolfpack'08
99 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.41K Views
Do angels/venture capitalists expect you to invest your own capital?

I recently talked with some nice retired business people about startups. They gave me some great help but one thing that they said stuck out and I wanted to confirm or deny it. I was told that the...

asked Oct 4 '11 at 09:05
Blank
David Mokon Bond
234 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.61K Views
How feasible is a business model that sells fan T-shirts / cups for a small website?

I was trying to understand the concept of the business model of Kingdom Of Loathing They were doing stuff like selling T-shirts and cups, so basically I was wondering what are the benefits for...

asked Sep 1 '11 at 23:16
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

-3 Votes
5 Answers
2.42K Views
How do I find the perfect investor to start my company?

I have spent 4 years of day and night research on web security and invented the World Wide Web's most secured website. My website is an emailing system with 96.40% hacker safety, zero spam and...

asked Aug 13 '11 at 12:49
Blank
Karz
126 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
How to find out the price of a niche product?

we have a customer that's about to choose between us writing software for them, and a ready made solution. The market is investment banking, and we have the opportunity to staff people and grow our...

asked Aug 14 '11 at 09:15
Blank
Mithrandir
11 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.11K Views
How have you gone about creating your convertible note?

My startup company has put together a group of friends and family investors who will be investing in the form of a convertible note. I've done quite a bit of research on convertible notes, but am...

asked Aug 15 '11 at 01:29
Blank
Nick Branstator
11 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.52K Views
The mint.com of small business (Indinero and the like)

I currently use mint.com to keep track of my personal finances and I love it! Is there an equivalent product in regards to quality/execution for small businesses/startups? What does everyone here...

asked Aug 4 '11 at 03:26
Blank
Edgar Miranda
230 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
1.97K Views
How to work internationally in a country which is under sanction?

I'm a web developer and I live in Iran. Unfortunately my country is under international sanction. However, I'm able to work for foreign customers and get their job done. But there is a problem. A...

asked Aug 9 '11 at 21:22
Blank
Saeed Neamati
153 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
What do you do when your Angel turns out to be a Devil?

Investor are in it for one thing, profit. That's okay if both the founders and the investors profit. What do you do when the "Angels" who have been funding your work kick out the founders and the...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 06:38
Blank
Busted Flatt
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
Books necessary for a completely newbie

I am a recent graduate and soon I am starting my own company in the IT/Tech. Because always all of my studies were mostly technical(computer programming,coding,...) and do not have that much work...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 07:04
Blank
Hossein
111 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.61K Views
Are mobile phones and service contracts a business write-off?

I purchased a smartphone to help me conduct my business (mobile hotspot, email, access company intranet, etc.). Previously, I did not own a cellphone, personal or business. Additionally, I signed a...

asked Jul 6 '11 at 17:14
Blank
Clint
695 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.23K Views
How much cash reserves should you plan to have before hiring?

We're at a point where we need to hire at 1-2 employees, and I'm not sure how much cash to have on hand. We're a SaaS product, with growing traction and on target to be cash-flow neutral next year....

asked Jul 8 '11 at 23:13
Blank
Nicko
840 points