Angel Questions

10 Votes
5 Answers
6.59K Views
Should I pitch my idea to Angel Investors?

We have an idea for a website. I am a software developer, but I don't want to spend all my time creating this site that won't sell or be marketable or popular whatsoever, and make us no...

asked Nov 9 '10 at 04:47
Blank
Scott
165 points

23 Votes
8 Answers
5.74K Views
Any experience with AngelList as startup?

AngelList sends almost hourly Tweets about Angels joining in, however I never heard anything about start-ups. Has anyone given it a shot or thought? How long does the application process takes?...

asked Nov 17 '10 at 04:33
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Scenario: naive entrepreneur approached by angel investor

I am an aerospace engineer. On a whim I went to an entrepreneurial conference at the university that is in my town. And then, on a whim, at the evening pitch session, I pitched some hair-brained...

asked Nov 17 '10 at 15:48
Blank
John Berryman
388 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
2.71K Views
"One Man Startup" - Should a add people before going out looking for funding?

i've been working on a project for the last year or so and during that time 4 out of 5 partners have left, leaving only me. I've turned the project into a modest success and have now received some...

asked Oct 25 '10 at 05:49
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.58K Views
First-time meeting with a VC and Angel Investor

Just to give some background, I'm building a software as a service offering which is almost in private beta and I have a few customers lined up to start using it at launch. Its a solo gig so far,...

asked Oct 9 '10 at 14:15
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.34K Views
6-month budget for a startup?

I'm finally at the stage where it's time to stop coding for 12 hours a day and it's time to raise capital - I've been approached by an angel investor who asked for a 6 month budget. The project...

asked Oct 17 '10 at 06:07
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.95K Views
What percentage to give advisors / VC matchmakers?

I've been approached by two startup heavyweights who offered to recommend me to VCs and angels for my startup (I'm the sole owner). They've asked me what percentage of equity I would offer them in...

asked Oct 19 '10 at 01:19
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.28K Views
What is the best way to present our business plan to potential investors or to a bank?

We have an excellent Business Plan, for some fantastic mobile ideas. The down side, we need funding to get these ideas developed and to market. What is the best way to meet with potential...

asked Jul 21 '10 at 11:31
Blank
Gulu Apps
41 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.76K Views
How to approach an angel investor?

Once you have identified an angel investor what are some of the questions you should ask him/her and what should you be prepared to talk about with them? Ex: the business in brief, investment...

asked Jun 28 '10 at 22:49
Blank
Stacey
484 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
How to approach potential advisors? (who are famous)

I have a couple of people I would just love to have as startup advisors, but not sure how to approach them. One in particular has greatly impacted my startup and gave tons of solid ideas on how to...

asked May 19 '10 at 21:22
Blank
Griftastic
127 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.65K Views
Where to seek private investors?

I am trying to find a retired executive who has industry expertise and who can help me grow the company and invest in it. Where do I begin to find people like this? I don't find they are make...

asked Jun 4 '10 at 03:39
Blank
Stacey
484 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.1K Views
How much equity in exchange for angel money?

I am not sure what the going rate is for angel money in the software space is it 100k for 10% equity?

asked May 1 '10 at 00:12
Blank
Stacey
484 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.47K Views
Invester Gets Equity for Money to Pay Developer for MVP VS. Developer gets Equity for MVP

We started our business back in July 2009 with the intentions of building websites, consulting, internet marketing, etc. Now we have changed our focus to developing a SaaS solution for a...

asked May 9 '10 at 01:09
Blank
Csumme
146 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.17K Views
How long to wait for angel investor?

I have a big web project which I and my co-founder began our development on. We've been talking to our angel investor for a long time. He is very responsive but we cant get a final investment...

asked Mar 23 '10 at 13:16
Blank
Pennyfiller13
86 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
4.11K Views
Is there an index of startup incubators around the world?

Is there a list of places like the YCombinator, CapitalFactory etc arranged by their geographic operating regions?

asked Feb 27 '10 at 07:01
Blank
Scott
63 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.74K Views
If I go to meet an angel investor without a business plan, will he dismiss my attempt immediately?

Can I probably get an investment from an angel investor even if I don't have a business plan? I have developed my website and my website is undergoing testing and it can be shown to an angel investor.

asked Feb 5 '10 at 23:29
Blank
Steven
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
different investors for different products under one startup

We are a startup building 3 social media apps. We have managed to attract two investors to two of our apps. The problem is we were pitching it to them as stand alone products and not under one...

asked Feb 7 '10 at 15:22
Blank
Eric
352 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
If one of your close acquaintances asks for some money from you, without a timeline or guarantee of returning it, how much would you cough up?

A close friend (or a mere acquaintance) of yours approaches you. States that he/she is badly in need of some money. And you oblige. In the back of your mind you know that the money would be...

asked Feb 8 '10 at 15:57
Blank
Sandeep Satavlekar
325 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
crowd financing - any opinions/comments?

What would your SWOT analysis say for following kind of website? phase 1: Get people/organizations who are looking for financing their projects. phase 2: Get people who can provide finance to...

asked Feb 11 '10 at 17:50
Blank
Sandeep Satavlekar
325 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
2.89K Views
What does it take to be an Angel?

I'm a wannabe Angel. I don't sit on a huge pile of cash, but my intention is to help startups in whatever possible way within my capacity. I haven't made a decision yet, as this thought has...

asked Feb 12 '10 at 19:18
Blank
Sandeep Satavlekar
325 points