Angel Questions

4 Votes
3 Answers
1.95K Views
Sharing a list of angel investors

I've been aggregating a list of angel investors in the Boston area and I'm up to 180 or so now from around the area. The list includes links to Twitter pages, LinkedIn pages, and their investing...

asked May 14 '11 at 02:21
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Angel investor group has funded a similar but not identical startup?

So I was thinking of finding a connection to an angel group, but as it turns out one of the funded companies in there portfolio is a similar (but not direct) competitor. The platform / idea is...

asked May 6 '11 at 03:43
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
4.64K Views
Who are angel investors? How do they work out with start ups?

I have started a small software firm. Of course we need some funding. That's where I heard about angel investors. I would like know about angel investors and how start-ups normally work with them....

asked Apr 27 '11 at 02:38
Blank
Fayaz
36 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
How to earn VC/Angel Investor financial and technical talent support?

More specifically, has any of you managed to convince both financial support, and getting additional technical talent to support the expansion of a startup concept/prototype? If so, where and how...

asked Apr 18 '11 at 08:50
Blank
Stanigator
133 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
3.42K Views
25% for angel investor for 20k$

These days I am in process of raising 20k$ for my project (a facebook application), that requires at least 30k$ (10k of which I am able to come up with myself). When negotiating with an angel...

asked Apr 24 '11 at 17:27
Blank
User9950
31 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.52K Views
Why so few "minority-owned" start-ups?

A study by the Center for Venture Research at the University of New Hampshire has just released their study on 2010 Angel Investment. By definition this money went to start-ups. Buried in the...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 00:26
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
3.41K Views
How to find and approach Angel investors when you have no substantial connection to them

My network of people around me is almost nil. I am currently developing a software application. My partner and I are looking to find funding to hire a couple developers to finish our product and...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 06:32
Blank
Aaron
124 points

9 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
What can you share about your experience raising capital?

I'm currently raising capital for our startup and I have my first meeting with an angel investor next week. We are have achieved product/market fit, are ready to launch and are looking for $1.5...

asked Apr 4 '11 at 21:13
Blank
Susan Jones
4,128 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
Investors looking at my site

So my friend came to me with a web idea a couple months ago. A few weeks back, I came around to it, and thought it would be awesome. I made the entire site in 3 weeks. It's now able to be tested...

asked Apr 7 '11 at 05:49
Blank
Slandau
203 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Is it ok to present a different pitch deck than I emailed?

I just finished a pitch deck (11 slides, with 25 slide appendix), knowing that I'll often be emailing the deck to investors to read. So it's mostly text. I'm pretty sure that if I present at a live...

asked Apr 7 '11 at 10:28
Blank
Ryan B
86 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
2.6K Views
How to find Angels in my area

I would like to locate an Angel in the Jacksonville, Fl area to pitch my idea to. Although getting funded would be great right now I am just looking for someone to critique my pitch so that I can...

asked Mar 22 '11 at 04:35
Blank
Steve11140
69 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3.98K Views
Does all money invested by VC/Angels go to the company's use or to founder's pocket?

Let's say when a one-founder company owns 100% share. He sells 20% to a VC for $1m. Does this $1m go to the company for its expansion, or founder's pocket, or just a percentage of this money goes...

asked Mar 12 '11 at 15:26
Blank
Victor
593 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.3K Views
How to get introductions to investors?

All over the internet, the consensus seems to be that when you are looking for funding it is important to approach angels or VCs through an introduction from someone they know, rather than cold....

asked Feb 10 '11 at 09:40
Blank
Susan Jones
4,128 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
3.34K Views
How complete should my business plan be before I approach investors?

I know there are a number of business plan questions already, but my question applies to a specific aspect of the process. As my partners and I are researching and developing our plan, I've been...

asked Jan 14 '11 at 10:14
Blank
Matt
180 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.8K Views
term sheet vs convertible note

I have been talking to the people in angel circles and it seems that everyone takes only term sheets; and convertible notes are almost like an insult. My questions is: when I can start offering...

asked Jan 18 '11 at 03:11
Blank
Mat Banik
325 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.44K Views
How to get an investor's attention at a conference?

I'm a Russian guy, living in Siberia. I have a great team and a prototype of a kick-ass project. I'm going to LeWeb 2010 (Paris), which is the biggest European web conference. There are going to be...

asked Dec 3 '10 at 06:31
Blank
User5770
26 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.55K Views
Where do you find startup capital?

I'm in the early steps of putting together a business plan. When it's finished, I'm definitely going to need to secure funding. How do you go about finding potential investors? Tips to consider on...

asked Dec 11 '10 at 04:35
Blank
Matt Huggins
113 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.02K Views
Minimum amount of equity angel investors expect?

What is the minimum (not theoretical, but realistic) equity stake an angel investor will be looking for in a new tech startup? Is it practical to offer equity in 1% denominations? Ex: give up 1%...

asked Nov 26 '10 at 09:26
Blank
Mr. Schwabe
147 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.01K Views
Maximum number of angel investors?

What is the maximum number of angel investors you could possibly (not theoretically, but realistically) bring in to finance your startup (given you have traction and exciting potential)? I'm...

asked Nov 27 '10 at 08:14
Blank
Mr. Schwabe
147 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
How do you obtain angel investors help?

I am brand new to the startup stage and am trying to obtain money to get my startup off the ground. I have heard about angel investors but I have no idea how to get in contact with them (especially...

asked Nov 28 '10 at 04:11
Blank
Chromedude
202 points