Seed Funding Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.59K Views
Seedfunding Criteria and how do angels and VC's like it?

After several pitches we've kinda positive of closing our seed-funding (amount X) round, which is being funded by my family friends. However, very (un)fortunately for us, the seed investors aren't...

asked Dec 26 '12 at 07:05
Blank
User1798374
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Different stages of VC finance and were the company / product is in its life / development cycle

You hear a lot in the media about _ raised a stage A round of x million, or ___ just got seed funding from a group of angel investors. But what's never explained is the stage that these companies...

asked Dec 28 '12 at 09:05
Blank
Sam
123 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.21K Views
How can I get seed funding for an educational startup?

I have looked into Imagine k-12, and sadly they are closed to new applicants right now which I'm super bummed about, and NewSchools. How else can I get seed funding for an educational startup that...

asked Dec 2 '12 at 19:18
Blank
Apis Girl
38 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
How to expose my startup to seed investors instead of cold calling them?

How can I expose my startup to seed and angel investors instead of cold calling them? Is there any way to get feedback from them? In Silicon Valley or other major startup scenes.

asked Dec 1 '12 at 09:46
Blank
John S
184 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.72K Views
Why should an early stage tech startup launch a crowd funding campaign?

This question has been haunting me. I'm scared that if I fail to raise my goal, my startup would lose interest from the tech community, angels, early adopters, etc.

asked Oct 20 '12 at 16:40
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.22K Views
Should i give 3% equity to this Incubator?

I have recently submitted an application to receive a government grant for funding. There is a requirement, that is to be submit via an incubator. I contacted an incubator and they are ok with...

asked Aug 6 '12 at 22:59
Blank
Slay
154 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Can a firm buy itself?

Suppose you got scammed by an incubator, who is however apparently willing to sell his shares (which are now worth a couple times more than the initial injection (which effectively did...

asked Aug 7 '12 at 15:16
Blank
User35945
23 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.41K Views
Financing Help For Startups.... Does it really exist?

I am secure seed money for my business and I'm running into all types of roadblocks from traditional banks. Is there ANY honest resources for startups, who don't require you to run a marathon to...

asked May 10 '12 at 04:53
Blank
Ready2 Run
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
Determining fund raising stage for venture capital

I've been running a site (community platform) for a couple years and now we are growing fast, getting strong user traction and started implementing a customer oriented business model. In order to...

asked May 20 '12 at 06:35
Blank
Jean Pierre
48 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
When can I start using CrowdSource Funding?

Now that the JOBS Act has been passed and signed when can I start raising capital through CrowdSource Funding?

asked May 9 '12 at 09:22
Blank
User17876
26 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.63K Views
New business with three partners, one has the credit, one has the time, one has the product

We are looking to start up a business and are in a different situation then I have been in before. I will be looking at financing the money that starts the business. I have one partner that will...

asked Mar 15 '12 at 09:46
Blank
Jim
1 point

10 Votes
3 Answers
4.13K Views
Can a new company reimburse a founder for startup expenses after funding?

We have started a new web based service and are close to launching our prototype. So far the effort has been self-funded by me in amount close to $15k total expenses -- mostly for development. All...

asked Mar 3 '12 at 23:42
Blank
Dmoore
51 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.78K Views
Is it better to raise from a seed stage VC or angels who are investing their own money?

I'm going to start raising funds for my company soon. I already have more than a prototype website and can take payments, but still need to get a little more development complete. I'm undecided on...

asked Feb 15 '12 at 17:59
Blank
Anagio
293 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
How Many Seed Investors Should we Approach

We are building a startup, we are a few weeks away from our MVP launch. We have had some initial positive investor conversations with an angel and a couple VCs. One large VC that generally doesn't...

asked Feb 16 '12 at 22:15
Blank
Dmoore
11 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
Start up valuation - how much equity

Approached by 2 founders that are very early days of executing an idea. They have some good .com properties that will be central to brand/idea and had recent offers around $100K, with one outlier...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 12:24
Blank
Jjj
21 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.06K Views
What equity should I claim as a founder CEO?

Some people I know came up with a idea of a startup. They will provide also the seed investment (50k) and contacts for future investment rounds. I will be in charge of the start up of the company...

asked Jan 26 '12 at 04:28
Blank
Thomas
6 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.68K Views
Where can I find international seed investors?

We have just lauched a website for our upcoming SPARQL Database Server. We would like to attract the interest of international seed investors, but we are not sure where to start looking. We are...

asked Jan 23 '12 at 22:31
Blank
Inge Henriksen
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.96K Views
What is a good way to find investors for a start up?

I have developed my SAAS on a shoestring budget and I have just made it production ready so I am now looking for ways to market it to my customer base. I, however, do not have the funds available...

asked Jan 2 '12 at 23:38
Blank
Tim
670 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
5.45K Views
What happens to the angel's / A round investor's stake on subsequent rounds, in the Valley?

As far as I understand, when the next round happens, the startup emits new shares that are sold to new investors under newly negotiated valuation. Does this lead to the previous investor's shares...

asked Jan 7 '12 at 01:28
Blank
Fedd
8 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.58K Views
At what point should we apply to an incubator?

General Question: Given that incubators are focused on early-stage companies, how far along should a startup be before it applies for consideration by an incubator? How strong must the team (and...

asked Dec 19 '11 at 05:47
Blank
Caligirl
204 points