Entrepreneurs Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
How can I reduce the costs of deployment of my web application on the servers?

I am a Java Web Application Developer. I have an idea for a web application project that I am working on. I personally believe that this web app has potential to become a widely popular website,...

asked Mar 27 '11 at 04:25
Blank
Aklin81
125 points

12 Votes
10 Answers
3.09K Views
Is it about more than money?

Is it all about making money -- or is there something more? Is there value in a mission about positive impact on the world? Is there a value in start-ups that are addressing issues of global...

asked Mar 29 '11 at 09:48
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
5.4K Views
What is the difference between a entrepreneur and a social entrepreneur?

What is the different between a entrepreneur and a social entrepreneur? Are all social entrepreneur also entrepreneur? Are social entrepreneurs not real entrepreneurs? How much "mission" does...

asked Mar 30 '11 at 07:02
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

10 Votes
8 Answers
3.34K Views
Help! I'm a serial entrepreneur that keeps coming up with ideas that never get completed

I am a web applications developer and one of my big problems in launching my own self-initiated and funded web applications is that I just can't stop coming up with application ideas. Seriously, I...

asked Feb 22 '11 at 18:09
Blank
Digital Sea
1,613 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
Prospect asks for client references, you don't have any what do you say to get the deal?

If you are doing a direct sale and don't have any client references to offer, and the prospect is interested in going forward but needs client references what do you do? How can you still get the...

asked Feb 25 '11 at 06:57
Blank
Stacey
484 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.6K Views
True Story: I broke one relationship, and missed another because of my startup, is it worth it?

Note 1: I am a frequent contributor to SE sites, my account is obviously a throwaway account, for obvious reason. Note 2: I'm not too sure whether such a question is allowed here, I would like to...

asked Feb 26 '11 at 12:43
Blank
Sad Guy
36 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.53K Views
Is it Possible to start a Business and a Relationship Simultaneously?

I stumbled across one sad story, on how one entrepreneur broke a relationship, and then missed another because of his startup. This got me thinking: is it possible to start a business and a...

asked Feb 28 '11 at 11:54
Blank
Graviton
871 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.66K Views
When a reseller is in the middle who signs software license Agreement?

I am licensing my software to my software distributor reseller. My reseller wants to use my license agreement that should be signed between us and Licensee. Does that make sense? If it does then...

asked Feb 10 '11 at 05:27
Blank
Stacey
484 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
2.65K Views
My Entrepreneurial Spirit

So it comes down to this. I'm not suited to work for someone. I have had an extreme entrepreneurial spirit for as far as I can remember. I need to be doing my own thing, calling my own shots, and...

asked Feb 10 '11 at 11:36
Blank
Gotmssbm
31 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Innovation, collaboration and knowledge sharing

I have an innovative idea that I want to put onto the market, but I still have to develop the idea into a product. I know a few companies that have the knowledge I am looking for. What is the best...

asked Feb 10 '11 at 23:46
Blank
Bruggew
21 points

10 Votes
13 Answers
3.57K Views
What is the single most influential book every entrepreneur should read?

What is the most important business book to you?

asked Feb 19 '11 at 08:28
Blank
Appmaster
89 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.85K Views
freelancers.com ,elance etc ask for portfolio web related

My basic idea here is for starting a software company Well the people giving projects at freelancers and such sites basically ask for a portfolio, i have been in this field professionally for...

asked Jan 29 '11 at 15:29
Blank
Mazhar Kaunain Baig
111 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.28K Views
How to get users enganged and active in a new website?

Me and my team are working on an online project where people can give away unwanted stuff and get stuff they are looking for. The problem is that from my experience people tend to get engaged in...

asked Jan 25 '11 at 18:49
Blank
Shir
51 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Why can some start and other's not?

This will probably be a open-ended question, considering that it might be very opinionated... But I'm curious to hear from the community here-- why do some fail at getting past the conceptual phase...

asked Jan 9 '11 at 00:07
Blank
Eric R
126 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
1.94K Views
Won't an operational manual incur many competitors?

I read the book*The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It*. It is said that we should treat a business as a system, as a money-making machine. We should...

asked Jan 10 '11 at 18:40
Blank
Steven
1 point

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
STARTUP: partnership or hire?

Ok I invested in my business and built the software, now got to run it! If I hire my friend, to do all this business, and I do all things technical. How should I pay him? 1) salary 2) with...

asked Dec 17 '10 at 17:35
Blank
167 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.6K Views
How to make a Web Site Profitable?

We built a high quality, scalable and well put together Career based web application that caters to the IT/Tech industry. It is designed to compete with the best and biggest (think Dice.com,...

asked Dec 18 '10 at 04:30
Blank
Donald
136 points

2 Votes
7 Answers
3.13K Views
What's the best sales book you've ever read?

Any recommendation? Is sale a process to deliver comfort which is declared in the book "E-myth revisited"?

asked Dec 19 '10 at 16:11
Blank
Steven
1 point

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.6K Views
What was the last book you read?

Possible Duplicate: What books do you recommend? Being an entrepreneur, we may need to learn from books. What was the last book you read? To me, it was "Founders at work".

asked Dec 20 '10 at 00:30
Blank
Steven
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Cloud based customer support service

If I was to build a free hosted customer support service, would anyone want to use it? i.e Community powered customer support platform (post public), with company help desk ticket support (post...

asked Dec 29 '10 at 11:14
Blank
167 points