Entrepreneurs Questions

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
How to respond to an RFI from a large company?

Our startup was recently contacted by a large global company for an RFI (request for information) for implementing an enterprise software solution. We have a great product which on technical merit...

asked Aug 24 '11 at 06:43
Blank
Ms. Founder
31 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
How do you handle lead developers who seem independently entrepreneurial?

In a startup, how do you deal with the main programmers, who are good in communication/designing and seem independently entrepreneurial? How do you get to work for you and not compete with the...

asked Aug 25 '11 at 00:06
Blank
Parmanand
9 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
Should we develop slowly or develop quickly for a web startup?

Working full time, and working freelance projects, makes me have limited time to develop my web startup. It's been a year, and it's not done yet. Not done means it's not completely usable yet....

asked Aug 15 '11 at 23:02
Blank
Victor
593 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Mentor requesting for board of director role, should i offer director or advisor role to him?

We recently met a person through our contacts and he has shown interest in our startup & super liked the Idea. We had initially requested him to be our mentor, for which he agreed. In our next...

asked Jul 29 '11 at 04:21
Blank
Kumar K
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
Reasonable share in startup company

I am working on a startup project (software) and I'm really enjoying it. I think the company has great potential. Up until now, the work has been part time and I've been able to fit it into my...

asked Jul 15 '11 at 12:55
Blank
Johnny X
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.9K Views
Launching Website

I have an idea that I am brain storming in my mind ( rather cooking ). The idea is to launch a website with free info etc. But I also want to know how to generate income through it. Also will have...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 06:05
Blank
Ar 2011
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.26K Views
How much cash reserves should you plan to have before hiring?

We're at a point where we need to hire at 1-2 employees, and I'm not sure how much cash to have on hand. We're a SaaS product, with growing traction and on target to be cash-flow neutral next year....

asked Jul 8 '11 at 23:13
Blank
Nicko
840 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.39K Views
Resources for young entrepreneurs in Toronto

I'm going to be finishing my master's degree in computer science soon, and am interested in pursuing entrepreneurship. I'm currently based in Montreal, but for personal reasons, am considering...

asked Jul 10 '11 at 12:29
Blank
Jbeard4
121 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
Never give up - when to apply this?

I've read lots of entrepreneurs' advice, and most of them boil down one concept: never give up. This is easier to say than to do. My question is, when is the time to give up and move on? When is...

asked May 24 '11 at 22:40
Blank
Victor
593 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
New Project Management startup business

What's the best way to market startup project management/facilities consulting company for homeowners, churches and businesses?

asked May 17 '11 at 23:49
Blank
Mc Cants
16 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
6.12K Views
What's the difference between a founder and a co-founder?

I was wondering what the difference between a founder and a co-founder was. I am the founder of a company and I have worked on the project by myself then brought on board a partner to work on the...

asked May 4 '11 at 04:08
Blank
Andy
81 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.57K Views
Is formal business education important for startups?

I see a startup in my future, either the business or the tech side. I am a Computer Science major, what I want to know is if it is worth minoring in Entrepreneurship (or some other business minor)...

asked May 5 '11 at 01:01
Blank
Yoel
116 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.6K Views
I have an idea for a radically different business model for a VERY longstanding, almost universally used service

I am still paying on my college loans, have a child going to a private university on partial scholarship in the fall, not great credit, low disposable income, a happy marriage, very rewarding...

asked May 7 '11 at 12:51
Blank
Teachermom
11 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.48K Views
I'm not sure how to satisfy the entrepreneurial itch

I have a good job and a good salary that supports my family, but I find myself constantly dreaming of owning my own business. It's a sort of obsession that I can't stop. It's been going on for...

asked Apr 29 '11 at 10:50
Blank
Bradimier
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.33K Views
How do you start your cold call pitch? What has worked for you?

How do you start your cold call pitch? What has worked for you? Do you go straight into the product asking if they're interested? Or Do you get personal and ask them how they're doing. Let me...

asked May 1 '11 at 10:27
Blank
Andy
81 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.97K Views
Good Resources in LA/NY for Connecting Business/Technical Folks on Startup Opportunities?

I am an MBA that has worked at several startups/technology companies. What are the best resources in LA/NY to connect with like-minded technical people and explore opportunities? Thanks!

asked Apr 18 '11 at 06:48
Blank
Am7
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.33K Views
Getting a place to live while starting a company

How do most startup founders manage to get landlords to allow them to rent property while they are in the process of starting a company, and stable revenue has not struck in yet?

asked Apr 10 '11 at 22:55
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.5K Views
To get funding do you really need a well known entreprenuer/fame on your team?

My team and I are very capable (we launched our site in short time its getting updated frequently) but this is our first real startup and we do not have any sort of famous reputation (like...

asked Apr 1 '11 at 03:51
Blank
Adam Gent
186 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
How do you fighting back against internet "Protection Scams"?

First this happened to a client -- and now it has happened in a slightly different configuration to me. We have become victims of a classic protection scam. You know -- the hire us to keep bad...

asked Apr 6 '11 at 04:09
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
What would you spend 15 minutes a day of "Social Media" on?

I work in the B2B market. Many of our clients are owned and managed by the entrepreneur or owner. These are not high-tech companies. They make things, they manufacture, they develop, they produce...

asked Mar 25 '11 at 07:50
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points