Entrepreneurs Questions

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.47K Views
How to find steady programmers for a start up?

Here is my dilemna I only have a small budget for a Java programmer and I keep finding people that cannot see the benefit of doing anything they just want a salary and a full time job. So I have...

asked May 19 '10 at 22:36
Blank
Stacey
484 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.62K Views
Where to seek private investors?

I am trying to find a retired executive who has industry expertise and who can help me grow the company and invest in it. Where do I begin to find people like this? I don't find they are make...

asked Jun 4 '10 at 03:39
Blank
Stacey
484 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.77K Views
What resources do you use to get yourself educated in finances required to start a business?

I'm not formally educated in finance but I want to learn it so I can start my business, what resources would you recommend?

asked Jun 7 '10 at 19:01
Blank
Elisha
64 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Where do you start looking for the low hanging fruit for short term sales revenue?

I need to move my cash flow now but know my target customer is really a larger customer but sales cycle too long for now. How do I start with finding the low hanging fruit to get things going? Some...

asked Apr 24 '10 at 05:23
Blank
Stacey
484 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.52K Views
Startup Development Funding Path

I'm looking to do a internet based startup with a friend. It is heavily focused on the site development and although I haven't really made proper cost calculations yet, I'm guessing the initial...

asked Apr 15 '10 at 10:16
Blank
Danny
6 points

6 Votes
9 Answers
3.46K Views
How do you know if you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur?

Many professionals want to start their own venture but are scared of failing. Many of them do not know if they have a multi-faceted personality that is needed to run a business successfully. How...

asked Mar 19 '10 at 02:48
Blank
Joydeep
185 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.87K Views
Any startups in software service industry?

Here, I've seen almost all the discussions are related to startups offering some kind of a product. It looks like a de-facto standard when anyone talks about a startup on this forum. Is there...

asked Mar 23 '10 at 18:13
Blank
Sandeep Satavlekar
325 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
How did your capital-raising experience differ from what you expected?

One reason entrepreneurs are so highly lauded is that they are asked to expose themselves to criticism, rejection and doubt in dosages that average mortals cannot bear. At no time is that more true...

asked Mar 24 '10 at 02:54
Blank
Sharon Drew
957 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
6.95K Views
Cloud computing made it easy for Entrepreneurs

Entrepreneurs with brilliant ideas for a software startup (but not enough money at the beginning) would have faced the issue in the beginning: Where should i start building the alpha version of my...

asked Mar 3 '10 at 15:26
Blank
Siddharth
88 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.1K Views
What are the essential components of a marketing plan?

If you are a startup that is just about to launch your product/service are there steps that every startup should take to form a solid foundation for their marketing outreach strategy? What were...

asked Feb 3 '10 at 01:59
Blank
Usman Sheikh
1,728 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
2.49K Views
Investor documents during fund raising

I have few question related to fund raising When you are raising money from VCs, what type of documents are expected from you? How much of your internal and confidential data/stats do you reveal...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 12:00
Blank
User2202
164 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
4.94K Views
Starting Up a Web Application Business

I have been working in my head (and on paper) on an Idea for a Web Application for a while. I am a software engineer and have required skill set for designing and managing the application however...

asked Feb 13 '10 at 00:39
Blank
Ziggy S
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.05K Views
Required meta skills for all entrepreneurs

What are the most important meta skills an entrepreneur should either have or develop to become more successful? When I refer to meta skills, I am referring to skills that can help a person...

asked Jan 22 '10 at 05:54
Blank
Barak Reeves
8 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
3.04K Views
What steps can be taken to ensure security within a shared office space?

At first blush a shared office space seems like a "no brainer". For an individual or company burdened with carrying the cost of their unused (spare) office space, a small business or entrepreneur...

asked Dec 24 '09 at 11:23
Blank
David Gise
211 points

7 Votes
8 Answers
3.68K Views
How to get the passion back and to stay focused and organized?

I've been running my business for 3 years now. It's grown substantially and doing quite well but I seem to be losing the passion of running the business. I'm interested in doing newer things but...

asked Dec 30 '09 at 22:36
Blank
Sam
43 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
System/Advice for LT Goals Yet Allow for Unplanned Opportunities

With the new year approaching, I am working on my 2010 goals and priorities. In the past I used Franklin Planners and Outlook. I also have a Blackberry. I continuously look for ways to help me stay...

asked Dec 8 '09 at 05:03
Blank
Starr Ed
948 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
3.21K Views
Can mistakes be made because you are too close to your own product?

I am a web developer and designer, and am working on a business plan and essentials for a new product. After spending some time working on a logo for my product, I came to the conclusion that my...

asked Dec 15 '09 at 07:18
Blank
Strozykowski
218 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2K Views
What would you ask Neil Patel?

One of my all time favorite blogger / entrepreneur, Neil Patel, has agreed to let me interview him. I have a rough list of questions I will ask him but I would like to get a subjective view from...

asked Dec 15 '09 at 11:36
Blank
Montana Flynn
323 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
3.43K Views
Advice for "first time" entrepreneurs

As a current or prior small business owner, what would be the most important piece of advice you would give a startup entrepreneur today to help him/her avoid some of the problems or issues you...

asked Dec 16 '09 at 13:26
Blank
Lonnie Sciambi
369 points

2 Votes
12 Answers
3.04K Views
What Game helped you hone your Entrepreneurial Skills

Video games, board games and competitive sport or hobbies can be a lot of fun. I think they can also, to a certain extent, help build some entrepreneurial skills. Games that taught me about...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 06:35
Blank
Adam
446 points