Entrepreneurs Questions

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.87K Views
The Road not Taken ... where's the restart button?

If failed at a business startup, what does it take to have another go? Precis: Left a safe academic job to start up my own services company ... just in time for the Global Financial Crisis. So now...

asked May 4 '13 at 02:34
Blank
Drllau
501 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
Obsessive thoughts making me a "under performer"

This is more like a behavioral problem. I always want to start a business. Since this feeling increasing day by day, I am more obsessed in my day job(software Engineer). 1.I have few startup...

asked Apr 9 '13 at 19:09
Blank
Codebrain
187 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
Co-Founder of Company wants to quit

I have a unique problem that I was hoping to get some clarity on. The Co-Founder of our business (in Canada) wants to end the business and get out. The company has been operating for 3 years and...

asked Mar 31 '13 at 15:21
Blank
Ben
23 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
Thoughts on offering Software development in return for Equity for a tech startup

I have been developing some software for an online venture in return for significant equity. I am working with another founder who is developing the business. The current thinking is to value our...

asked Feb 6 '13 at 07:51
Blank
Sam Jolly
116 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.38K Views
A case of co-founder misalignment

tldr; In a company with 3 co-founders, 2(say Adam and Charlie) are pulling in opposite directions, and everything is being decided by committee or things don't move fast enough. Need help exploring...

asked Dec 25 '12 at 20:12
Blank
Founder X
21 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
What to consider when approaching a developer about a SaaS partnership opportunity?

First question and this is on behalf of a friend of mine. I'm a student developer, so I was hoping someone around here could provide some tangible insight. My friend is not new to starting a...

asked Dec 3 '12 at 05:20
Blank
Tom Geoco
111 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
7.83K Views
Inactive co-founder holds 33% but refuses to dilute

We are 3 founders in the business. The two are working as close to full-time as we can given we dont receive a salary, we each hold 44% and 23% which leaves the last partner with 33%. He has been...

asked Dec 9 '12 at 13:46
Blank
Seventy Six
1 point

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.88K Views
Is it that way too early to start a business?

I have been sharing my thoughts for getting into some business, with some of my friends & colleagues, but all I get from them is 'Disappointment' & advice like "It's too early for you to do...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 21:50
Blank
Venkatesh
14 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2K Views
What it takes to implement ERP Software for SME's

I have a project to implement ERP Software for SME. Though I am a software engineer myself and briefly understand things involved, however as I am new to ERP platform and is not sure of what it...

asked Nov 17 '12 at 15:19
Blank
Goku
58 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.58K Views
revenue model for new startup- help

I am starting an ecommerce marketplace of local vendors. one of my sources of revenue will be lead generation, however I am pretty undecided on how much to charge vendors for every lead I would...

asked Oct 10 '12 at 03:01
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Recommended courses for a social network co-founder

I am a social network co-founder who recently relocated to NYC area. Apart from focusing on the social network start up, I am trying to take some courses at columbia or NYU. The issue is this - I...

asked Sep 25 '12 at 03:38
Blank
Rajiv Singh
14 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Appropriate equity distribution for early stage startup?

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? it's been pretty difficult for my team and I (as it is for everyone) to come up with equity numbers. I'm...

asked Aug 17 '12 at 13:56
Blank
Jessica
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
Structuring a stock earnout on start-up?

We are contemplating a start-up with 2 main founders, who will put cash in and work in the business, and 2 angel investors who will only put in cash. The way we want the ownership to work out...

asked Aug 6 '12 at 03:20
Blank
Stringfellow
18 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
Do universities and startups mix together?

Sites such as Facebook were created while attending a University. According to this source "About two-thirds say they work part time" so it is common to see university students working. But what...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 12:58
Blank
Kate Owen
6 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.91K Views
Are there European Union funds for tech startups?

We are a young team willing to launch a tech startup (we have the product ready), and we are looking for funding to develop it further. We are looking to take advantage of European Union...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 20:11
Blank
Ra Sal
21 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
Is it better to approach companies that you think would buy you out, or let them find you on their own?

I am working with a couple of people and we have created some software which, despite being a strong stand-alone, would be even better if integrated with another existing product. This has always...

asked Aug 10 '12 at 02:40
Blank
Jon
137 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
How to make an offer?

Assume that you are a custom app seller. You get your customers, on all kind of opportunities like events, blind mails, viral marketing. When you are at the customer you present your...

asked Jul 25 '12 at 16:58
Blank
Maximus M
136 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.87K Views
Pitfalls for Licensees?

I am an inventor looking to license my technology from the organisation where I developed it (with potential for assignment). Please advise on the potential pitfalls of an exclusive license deal...

asked Jul 31 '12 at 22:12
Blank
Jjj
11 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.55K Views
Is the web startup overdone?

First of all, I was wondering if anybody else had the impression that as Internet-startup-people, most of our ideas are about things that are Internet-related and tend to follow the big trends such...

asked Aug 4 '12 at 08:22
Blank
Glitch
156 points

1 Votes
12 Answers
3.34K Views
Stuck with poor ideas, how do I find good ones?

Startup execution is by now a well understood process. The Customer Development model does a good job at delineating the different steps necessary to determine if something is a scalable,...

asked Jul 13 '12 at 11:23
Blank
Glitch
156 points