Entrepreneurs Questions

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.16K Views
Compensation for software development

My company is currently developing a product which requires a software developer. The person we are using first requested a set fee for his work, but now would like a % of product sales? Is there...

asked Jul 14 '12 at 01:53
Blank
Brian Coombs
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Selling Software: How Short Can My Sales Form Be? People Are Lazy!

Ok, I want to sell software online. To boost conversion rates I want a really short and sweet sales form, because people hate long forms. So, what are the minimum things I should ask for. I guess...

asked Jul 23 '12 at 18:54
Blank
Mashup
15 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.55K Views
How to create an online course?

I like the idea of creating an online course. However, I have never done something like that before. My idea is: Create an online course about a field I know a lot about and charge for that. So...

asked Jul 23 '12 at 18:55
Blank
Maximus M
136 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.59K Views
Next steps after launching a social network

So my co-founder and I spent 10 months and launched a social network 2 weeks ago. We are doing simple fb ads and craigslist advertising and have reached 200 users. As anyone will say, our idea is...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 01:24
Blank
R W
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
How a "want"repreneur network with entrepreneurs?

The fundamental problem that most "want"repreneurs like me face is switching from the non-creative, boring, non-entrepreneurial world of 9-5 job to the world of enthusiasm and creativity, filled...

asked May 10 '12 at 06:34
Blank
Saurabh Patil
16 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
How can I take refundable deposits online?

I am looking to provide rental items online, however it is important that I can take a deposit that will be returned after the usage of the item. I am aware of capture delay although my...

asked May 4 '12 at 02:02
Blank
Tom
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Issues with Start-Up and Co-Founders

Currently I am stuck in a messy situation where I am the only designer/developer for the web driven start up, along with being co-founder, the other two co-founders (business guy and editor), are...

asked Apr 12 '12 at 03:23
Blank
Izzy
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.94K Views
How should you approach manufacturers when looking to source products for a new business?

I am planning a new E-commerce business and will be selling products that are only available from specific manufacturers. How should I approach these manufacturers when I currently have no live...

asked Mar 29 '12 at 22:48
Blank
User20236
133 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
What should be our commission/expectation if we can help a big company to stop losing money?

Short background: we are 3 developers who formed a small startup for a very niche market. We do mostly programing but recently we started to provide consultancy as well. We've been working with a...

asked Mar 23 '12 at 11:23
Blank
Adhg
250 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
1 man coder/designer/marketeer best practice/strategy for launching social network startup?

Is there a best practice roadmap based on proof of concepts methods when you release a webapplication / startup as a 1-man "company" ? There are several options I have been looking at for getting...

asked Feb 24 '12 at 00:05
Blank
Rubytastic
139 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Is there a difference between pitching as a social entrepreneur?

I know the difference between a social entrepreneur and an entrepreneur, however if those two pitch to someone for a deal, do they say something different? Specifically in my case I am a social...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 03:50
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.4K Views
Taxes on non US-resident LLC owner?

I am working on launching an online product site and registering it as an LLC in Delaware. I am a non-US resident and will get the company registered through LegalZoom.com or Incorporate.com. It...

asked Jan 30 '12 at 19:48
Blank
Ali
179 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.36K Views
Can I create a startup without a business co-founder at first?

Long story short: I've had my fair share of bad business partners (the ones who were supposed to fill the holes on the business end from legal to marketing to sales). Being a technical person...

asked Jan 24 '12 at 08:06
Blank
Bojo
8 points

2 Votes
7 Answers
3.57K Views
How to find a software developer partner for an already profitable project?

A while back I outsourced the development of a .NET application via a freelancing site. I then marketed the software on a small scale to test its commercial viability. Sales were promising, and the...

asked Jan 13 '12 at 04:22
Blank
Dan
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.69K Views
Where to find outsourced manufacturer

My mom has an idea for a cooking related tool/utensil. I presume she will need to get a prototype designed and built so she can gauge interest and ultimately find someone to do mass production. I...

asked Jan 15 '12 at 22:27
Blank
Confused
3 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.41K Views
I want to build a team from My Startup , Where Do I look for People interested

i want to start up a new company based on E commerce. I am looking for people who are experienced and energetic to take up star up challenges. I am ready to Pay cash as well partnerships. Please...

asked Jan 6 '12 at 22:53
Blank
Shakti
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.83K Views
Is it worth to continue on this startup idea?

This question is about myself but very much related to startup stories. It is about 2.5 yrs since I quit my job to work on a product idea. Infact this was for a partnership (which I joined about 1...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 13:03
Blank
Muthu
159 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
9.14K Views
Writing a Company Profile for a early stage startup?

Some key aspects include: 1] Writing the product desciption (obvious). 2] Describing unique features of the product. 3] Adding some personality to writing. 4] Describing use cases for the...

asked Dec 25 '11 at 00:50
Blank
Thinking Monkey
103 points

11 Votes
5 Answers
3.14K Views
Finding a start-up partner as a developer

I have been coding solutions since like the dawn of time, at least that's how it feels, and I love it so now I want to help found a new start up or help an existing start up that needs a technical...

asked Dec 9 '11 at 01:32
Blank
Tim
670 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
How do entrepreneurs make sure they read only books which matters every month?

How do entrepreneurs make sure they read only few important books which matters every month and disregard the others due to information overload ?

asked Dec 15 '11 at 17:05
Blank
Drew X
77 points