Conversion Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.96K Views
Free tools to help increase conversion rate of a site?

I am at a stage of growing a site where it is in open alpha, and there are about 50 people coming to the site per day or so...without any solicitation. They come from stumbleupon, google, and a few...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 04:47
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
3.28K Views
Desktop Software Startup: 11 Downloads, 2 pre-sale questions, no purchases

I am really stressed out. I launched about a week ago. So far there were 11 downloads of the free version. I had 2 pre-sale questions about the product. There have been no sales. I advertise that...

asked Dec 18 '11 at 15:54
Blank
Gagwgw
227 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.99K Views
When should I start worrying about the number of signups I have on my landing page?

I just launched my landing page a few days ago,and I'm already fearful that I won't succeed, which may be unrealistic considering how early I am in the process. I've started working through The...

asked Dec 17 '11 at 22:16
Blank
Levi Campbell
118 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
On an e-commerce site, how do you attribute a sale to PPC if a visitor comes from PPC but then returns to buy through another website?

Can we use cookies and if so how do we install this? What software could track this kind of conversion scenario?

asked Sep 22 '11 at 15:43
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.96K Views
Why are most call to actions on websites to the pricing page?

I am just wondering why most standard web 2.0 websites have the main call to action button on the homepage send the visitor to the pricing page? This is assuming a pretty typical navigation...

asked Sep 24 '11 at 14:45
Blank
Joel Friedlaender
5,007 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
Is the "invite based" sign up worth having for a new application or startup?

So, just as the title states, is it worth it? I've seen a lot of newer services try this model, including Google+, Spotify, etc. but I'm not sure if it really created enough value for the services....

asked Sep 7 '11 at 04:42
Blank
Nick
108 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.59K Views
Converting users to enter content on crowdsourced site

I've been running a crowd sourced quiz site for a while: http://www.quizmash.com While I'm getting plenty of quizzes taken through google search traffic, my conversion rate to entering a question...

asked Aug 4 '11 at 16:32
Blank
Ricick
106 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.74K Views
Page flow: Multiple pages vs One Single page

I'm considering how to structure my product tour and was wondering what the best approach would be with regards to the page flow. Currently, I have split the entire tour into 7 subpages. -----...

asked Jul 13 '11 at 20:32
Blank
Ddillert
16 points

9 Votes
2 Answers
3.25K Views
Should I be concerned with a 0.2% conversion rate?

I have a new bootstrapped web service that targets consumers. It has a free trial offer. The visit to trial conversion is respectable, ranging from 10% to 15% on 300 samples. However, my conversion...

asked Jun 17 '11 at 22:14
Blank
Nick
173 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.24K Views
Open-Source / Free Live Website Chat - for customer service / sales

I was wondering if anyone has come across a free / open-source website chat? I'm interested in something similar to oLark or Live Person, without the monthly fee's... Has anyone ever come across...

asked Jun 19 '11 at 04:17
Blank
Justin Levy
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
How can I set up a way to automatically calculate (goal number/new visitors) in Google Analytics

I have set up a goal which will count the amount of sign ups I get on my site. I need to divide this number by the amount of new visitors in order to get my conversation rate. From what I can...

asked Jun 4 '11 at 20:03
Blank
Ben
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
How do I calculate conversion rate when users can login from the landing page?

I know conversion rate is calculated as (signups/visitors)*100 but my landing page is also used as the page that users login to the site. Therefore, some of the visitors will be existing users...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 14:13
Blank
Ben
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Experience including site links on splash page

Has anyone done any ab testing between a splash page which includes links to other sections of the site vs. a splash screen with basically just a "sign up" link? My site (http://getcreditable.com),...

asked Apr 25 '11 at 10:25
Blank
Ryan B
168 points

8 Votes
8 Answers
4.67K Views
Live Chat on website, does it work?

We are planning to support live chat / support from our websites to increase sales/conversions. Has anyone tried it? Does it worth the effort and human resources that need to be allocated for this?

asked Mar 21 '11 at 18:23
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.05K Views
Advice in placemat advertising for a web based healthy snack delivery startup?

I'm starting a web based healthy snack box (consisting of a variety of dried fruits, nuts, organics, etc.) delivery business in a busy commercial area. The box is designed to provide a healthy...

asked Mar 5 '11 at 03:05
Blank
Hakkasan
21 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.08K Views
Clients taking a long time to pull the trigger

We are a startup building an e-learning tool for the medical education market, and we had a few meetings with colleges. One potential client is taking a long time to decide whether to use our...

asked Feb 25 '11 at 03:35
Blank
Karan
54 points

10 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Does code-signing a software app improve the conversion rate?

My small software company ships both SaaS and downloadable versions of software. I was wondering if signing the "downloadable" apps with a code-signing certificate will improve conversions? Well,...

asked Feb 11 '11 at 02:35
Blank
Jitbit
267 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
4.17K Views
When freemium goes bad, How to fix?

Basically we went down to freemium path quite a while ago, now got thousands of users who don't convert and free version cannibalizes sales (there is no exact way to figure out numbers on this one...

asked Dec 7 '10 at 09:23
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.78K Views
Trial to paid conversion ratio

Are there any good reference points about trial-to-paid conversion in SAAS world? What factors impact this ratio. I am looking at streaming rich media for B2C.

asked Dec 13 '10 at 13:52
Blank
Jewelthief
151 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.98K Views
What can i do to convert "half-conversions" to conversions?

I'm running a niche dating site and I'm working on improving our conversion rate, which is not bad (about 15%), but can always go better. Our registration consists of : user registration step 1 -...

asked Oct 9 '10 at 06:16
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points