Saas Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.87K Views
building an application at work, want to spin it into a business

I am building a custom sales portal at my place of employment, a large company. I would like to start a saas business that uses the same features I am building for the custom project at work. I...

asked Mar 31 '13 at 10:36
Blank
Jack Smorenson
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.19K Views
1099 requirements for customers in middleman-type business

Note: I WILL be seeking information from a lawyer or accountant if I proceed but I want preliminary info here first. I am considering a business that, for sake of example, is much like Guru.com or...

asked Apr 1 '13 at 08:05
Blank
User478798
3 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.78K Views
How to structure SaaS website

I am not sure how to structure website for our SaaS product. Basically we want to tell 3 things: what is product about (it's relatively new and to our potential customers (small businesses) yet...

asked Mar 6 '13 at 23:39
Blank
Matej Zlodej
273 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
3.95K Views
Commission structure for hardware vendor reselling SaaS software

I'd like to get some input on appropriate commission structures for a hardware vendor re-selling my company's add-on software that works with their products. I've read a bunch of the commissions...

asked Mar 9 '13 at 03:43
Blank
Joe
26 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Pricing SAAS product for an on-customer-permises client

We are selling a Ruby on Rails application on a SAAS model. The monthly fee is determined based on the number of operators and the number of projects each customer is using. We have been...

asked Mar 2 '13 at 00:17
Blank
Carbuncle
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
Followed by a cloud VC investor on Twitter - should we contact him?

We have a small but rapidly growing cloud based product which is currently free and we are about to move into the monetization stage. In the last week we have been followed on Twitter by a tech VC...

asked Feb 12 '13 at 21:52
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.93K Views
Basic Pricing for a Healthcare SaaS startup

The product is a healthcare SaaS product which saves money for small clinics. Let's say we can get really confident estimates of how much money we're saving them each month, based on a pilot. Is...

asked Feb 16 '13 at 03:24
Blank
Robamaton
143 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Conversion rate for support contracts

We have a B2B Saas offering which is currently free - we are exploring monetisation options and rather than going the route of charging for a premium option we are considering keeping it free and...

asked Feb 18 '13 at 00:22
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.56K Views
How to deal with unsatisfied clients in a free application

We offer a free, cloud based B2B application - it offers the same and more functionality than most if not all of the paid equivalent applications out there at no cost. We offer awesome support...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 01:58
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
3.5K Views
UK Startup dealing with US Software Patents

As the owner of a UK software company, I'd like to finish a SaaS application I've had in development for a while and sell it as a monthly subscription service. The software could be sold...

asked Feb 5 '13 at 01:16
Blank
Mike H
46 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Should I have a sales contract with my first client?

Next week I will meet with my first client to discuss a subscription with my SaaS product. I gave him the first month to test it out. During that time, he’s given me a wealth of helpful feedback...

asked Jan 25 '13 at 02:31
Blank
Ray023
198 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.29K Views
How do I effectively communicate my mobile site to non-technical users?

I have a product designed for mobile browsers. When I promote the site to my target audience, I find that they understand the term "app", but terms like "website" or "web application" do not...

asked Jan 4 '13 at 01:32
Blank
Ray023
198 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.08K Views
How does one acknowledge fault with customers?

I almost (ALMOST ) permanently overwrote the only config file (e.g. no backup) that contained an encryption key for user logins. This would have disabled my clients' ability to login to my site and...

asked Dec 21 '12 at 04:27
Blank
Ray023
198 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.91K Views
SaaS founders incentives: Business and Technology

We are two 50/50 founders of an enterprise SaaS company. both cofounders are tech people with a good grasp of business knowledge. Mainly, one of our cofounders brought most of our clients and...

asked Dec 28 '12 at 07:14
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
What to consider when approaching a developer about a SaaS partnership opportunity?

First question and this is on behalf of a friend of mine. I'm a student developer, so I was hoping someone around here could provide some tangible insight. My friend is not new to starting a...

asked Dec 3 '12 at 05:20
Blank
Tom Geoco
111 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
How to transform a free trial user to a paying one?

We are a B2B web company, which offers a tool for online sellers ( amazon, ebay ). Since we got more and more free trial user, our ratio from trial to paying ( which was before near 80% ) got...

asked Dec 6 '12 at 07:43
Blank
Michael Hirn
21 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.88K Views
How to display complex pricing in a friendly way

I'm launching an online service which is designed to bring together a lot of different services into one package, all manageable online. The problem I've got is how to handle the pricing. The...

asked Dec 8 '12 at 15:57
Blank
Alex C
111 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
4.7K Views
How to compensate sales rep for (bootstrapped) SaaS startup?

My SaaS startup has gained some early traction (a slowly growing number of paying customers built up over our first few months after launch). It's now time to "step on the gas" and grow the...

asked Nov 30 '12 at 04:23
Blank
Bc Web
101 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.48K Views
Examples of email autoresponder strategies?

I'm searching for some examples / case studies / strategies / advice for crafting an email autoresponder series, with the goal of converting newsletter subscribers into customers of my saas...

asked Nov 7 '12 at 07:14
Blank
Bc Web
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
Determine offer for SaaS company?

I've read various forms of the following question, but haven't found an answer that fits the following, so I'm hoping someone can help out. I'm interested in potentially acquiring a currently...

asked Nov 18 '12 at 03:10
Blank
User464180
159 points