Saas Questions

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.32K Views
Charging annually based on number of users. How to grant flexibility on the number of users?

We have a product that the customer pays based on the number of users. Suppose it costs 10$/mo/user and that the client has 10 users. That is, he pays 100$ per month for his 10 users. We want to...

asked Nov 19 '12 at 20:51
Blank
Clash
128 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.88K Views
Price quote inquiry - best way to answer and find more?

I just received an inquiry about a price quote for a large amount of Users for our Online Suggestion Box tool Vetter, from a local government employee. He simply asked for the quote, no other...

asked Oct 22 '12 at 20:26
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Comparison of sites that force email activation vs. ones that accept any email

I'm looking for a comparison of SaaS websites that force email activation versus ones that do not. Similar to how some websites review a checkout process across multiple domains.

asked Oct 23 '12 at 20:33
Blank
Anagio
293 points

10 Votes
3 Answers
2.92K Views
When is it too early to measure conversion rate?

My bootstrapped saas startup launched only a few months ago. My traffic is growing steadily but still fairly low (~200 hits/day). Although I do consider the product validated (we have a growing...

asked Oct 28 '12 at 11:25
Blank
Bc Web
101 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
2.99K Views
Is 'free' a bad idea in business applications?

In the case of business SaaS, specifically in a market where this type of software is never free what are the arguments regarding launching your product for free? More specifically the idea would...

asked Oct 5 '12 at 15:48
Blank
Maxim Gershkovich
234 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
Best Email Services for a Maturing Startup

I run a small but very successful startup, that has been around for 13 months now. We are a 10 person team, but are rely on an aging Exchange 2003 server for our email, calendar, and contact...

asked Oct 11 '12 at 06:21
Blank
Cdd
46 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
What kind of terms should an affiliate marketing program have for a subscription-based product?

I have a SaaS app aimed at small businesses, and I am considering an affiliate marketing program to help me reach customers, but have questions: Is it customary to give an affiliate a commission...

asked Sep 26 '12 at 07:20
Blank
Mike Sickler
108 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
How could I validate a product that saves large SaaS biz money on bandwith?

My business idea deals with compressing the traffic coming out of web apps to the client. I can show the bandwidth differences with and without my software. How do I know validate if companies...

asked Sep 30 '12 at 12:42
Blank
New Alexandria
221 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.06K Views
Changing SaaS pricing model from 'per month' to 'technology fee' paid by end customer approach

We have a niche Saas product that is essentially a very specific ecommerce portal and management system to allow businesses to sell memberships to their customers. Currently, pricing is based on...

asked Aug 31 '12 at 00:27
Blank
Simon
165 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
SaaS, should we pick the payment options or let the customer?

Working on a new B2C SaaS will allow our customers to accept payments online from their customers. Currently we're trying to decided whether its better to have a list of payment gateways for our...

asked Sep 4 '12 at 09:23
Blank
Delboud
16 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.21K Views
Is SaaS really a profitable market now (compared to 2005)?

When you consider the following: 20 USD monthly fee x 12 months = 240 USD per user / yr. So, 1,000 paying customers would be needed to attain 240,000 USD revenue At a conversion rate of 10% one...

asked Sep 6 '12 at 21:31
Blank
Jason
56 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.95K Views
What to offer sales biz dev first hire / partner for product that has early sales traction?

Background: I am a developer with a SaaS product that is bringing in revenue, but not enough to pay a sales person's salary (yet). The company shouldn't need outside funding. The product is...

asked Aug 27 '12 at 07:11
Blank
Nw Architect
136 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.91K Views
provisional patent and source code and/or video

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me answer the following. I am currently at MIT and attempting to submit a complete provisional application for a SaaS service I am about to launch....

asked Jun 20 '12 at 03:15
Blank
Somid3
195 points

10 Votes
2 Answers
2.91K Views
How should I say no to customer?

I have startup software company (SaaS model) that is just me. All funding comes in from my main customer(Customer A). Product still in development and I have specific roadmap for next versions. At...

asked Jun 27 '12 at 00:09
Blank
Katit
276 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
Trial email schedule

The users of my saas app have a 14 day trial run to decide if they like it enough in order to stump up the cash for a monthly subscription. I'm trying to work out a schedule of emails to send the...

asked Jul 2 '12 at 17:37
Blank
User18616
131 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.35K Views
In what language should terms and agreements be written?

I'm launching SaaS which will be accessed mainly through mobile app and web browser. Company will be located in one of the EU countries, but will offer services worldwide. I'm wondering in what...

asked Jul 2 '12 at 19:17
Blank
Matej Zlodej
273 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.46K Views
Should I be concerned with a low conversion rate?

I have a new bootstrapped SaaS app that targets small businesses. It has a 30 free trial offer. The visit to trial conversion is around 1%. Currently I have 9 paying customers with 360 trial...

asked Jun 7 '12 at 06:43
Blank
John
36 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.31K Views
Can I use Terms of Service for my SaaS instead of regular contract?

I have a B2B SaaS web app. In most cases my clients are small or medium sized organizations and we have annual contracts. In other words, they sign the contract, according to which they are 'locked...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 01:03
Blank
Salmon
970 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.84K Views
How can I improve my enterprise sales?

I have a SaaS product that helps certain type of companies improve their sales leads. My target audience is VP or Director of Sales - anybody within the company whose job is to increase sales. So...

asked May 11 '12 at 02:28
Blank
Salmon
970 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.32K Views
How to find a client that would pay for your development in exchange for a license?

It takes an investor with a special kind of appetite to invest in software. And in my research, I have found that there are very few with that type of interest. I have a business model for an...

asked May 17 '12 at 02:40
Blank
Chad
32 points