Saas Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.87K Views
Benefits to end-users for choosing SaaS over regular software?

If there are two competitors, both offering the exact same solution. The only difference is that one is a normal software that the user installs on their computer, while the other is a web based...

asked Apr 27 '14 at 15:27
Blank
Evelyn Barr
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
What metric to measure product managers?

We're building a recruiting and employee management platform (similar to Yammer).The product records and analyzes metrics for each different type of employee so that we can offer employers of large...

asked Apr 11 '14 at 10:41
Blank
Ariel Jacobs
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.08K Views
Selling to enterprises: how to deal with "your solution is out of our budget" negotiation tactic?

We sell a SaaS solution to enterprise clients that has a long sales cycle. I often see companies use the "your solution is out of our budget" tactic to keep on negotiating lower rates. This is...

asked Apr 9 '14 at 14:14
Blank
Robert Gutierrez
2 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
4.59K Views
Using LinkedIn to grow your SaaS business?

What are some ways to utilize LinkedIn to grow your Saas sales? In terms of social media, everyone seems to be fixated on Twitter and Facebook, even though they are likely not the right channel for...

asked Mar 31 '14 at 20:42
Blank
Joseph Brown
17 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
5.12K Views
Is sending a monthly invoice required if you're a SaaS company?

If you're a SaaS company in the United States, is it required by law to send a monthly invoice to subscribers?We haven't built out this feature and wondering if we can push it lower in the priority...

asked Mar 25 '14 at 21:46
Blank
James Charles
35 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
7.33K Views
What should a SaaS startup's target growth rate be for the first 2 years?

From researching tens of SaaS companies that have or are soon going public, it seems that the growth rate averages down to 100% YOY from the third year onwards. What should the target growth be...

asked Mar 21 '14 at 14:42
Blank
Mildred Schell
65 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Does having paid customers prior to a seed round hurt valuations?

We run a SaaS product which, until recently, was completely free to use. We're just starting to roll out a premium paid version and there are very few paid accounts.Would having this paid account...

asked Mar 24 '14 at 22:43
Blank
Leslie Parker
80 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Attracting non-profits to use our SaaS app?

We're planning to launch our app and want to give it away for free to non-profits so that: We're giving something back to the world. We could potentially get paid clients through them via word of...

asked Mar 14 '14 at 11:21
Blank
Claire Riggio
40 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Best practices for SaaS user on-boarding?

What are some good practices and strategies for on-boarding users on a SaaS app?Most of my users signup for the free version to try out the app. How can I tailer the on-boarding process to result...

asked Mar 3 '14 at 05:12
Blank
Willie Kline
20 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
How to figure out pricing structure for SaaS product?

What are some ways to workout how much to charge people?How many packages are usually optimal?Should you show prices upfront for all packages or have people fill out a short form to call /email...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 17:07
Blank
James Rumph
20 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
Competitor signed up for my SaaS service. What do I do?

Should I be concerned that my direct competitor just signed up for a paid account on my SaaS product? Is it legal for them to do so with the intention of possibly copying our work? Is it legal for...

asked Feb 24 '14 at 13:37
Blank
Brad Brown
30 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
Is the market for link building tools large enough?

I am contemplating building a tool similar to BuzzStream for link building. How can I find out if the market size is big enough to easily get to $1M in revenue? BuzzStream doesn't seem to have...

asked Feb 14 '14 at 14:53
Blank
Charles C. Williams
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.79K Views
SaaS sales without sales people. How can just two hackers do it?

My co-founder and I are creating a SaaS product similar to Basecamp with our own funds. We don't have the resources to hire anyone to do sales right now. When we launch, what are some unique...

asked Feb 8 '14 at 21:00
Blank
Araki
6 points

22 Votes
5 Answers
4.86K Views
What's the best way to find/evaluate a Marketing co-founder?

As a follow-on to my last question What is the ideal mix of founders for a SaaS startup? it seems that a Marketeer is important to a SaaS startup. I think it's fairly easy to find and evaluate...

asked Jan 5 '10 at 23:46
Blank
Denis Hennessy
1,363 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
Valuation for SaaS product

My company has an online software as a service product that is subscription based (yearly) and when first launched, 3-years ago, has been more than doubling in revenue each year (in 2009, $2K, and...

asked May 1 '11 at 09:55
Blank
Phil
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
My UK based SaaS product is not showing up in US searches

I reckon I should get at least 5x searches form the US as from the UK, just by population metrics. I get a tiny amount of US searches. (Which ironically convert much better.) Is Google excluding...

asked Nov 29 '13 at 01:52
Blank
Robert Wringham
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.94K Views
What is the liability risk for a FREE SAAS service? What are the risks of launching a free SAAS without Incorporating(sole prop)?

I have developed a SAAS application that I would like to launch as a free service. Will a free offering have lesser/zero liability vs a paid one? I find the thought of incorporation with all the...

asked Dec 7 '13 at 06:49
Blank
Jarnal
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
SaaS billing tax: is a billing address enough?

so I have a startup that provides an online SaaS solution. We are not shipping any items, so payments do not require a shipping address. For collecting taxes in the states that my company has...

asked Nov 9 '13 at 07:02
Blank
Stuntman Mike
16 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
Starting a SaaS platform

I'm building a platform to help others make their own SaaS site. I have a landing page, a prototype, many things, but I'm trying to organize the ideas and prioritize the work. What the platform...

asked Oct 25 '13 at 02:06
Blank
Jbcolmenares
117 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.79K Views
How to monetize free saas?

i have built a easy to use visual a/b testing tool for websites and i am planning to offer it for free since i dont have the resources to market it. So my question is even if i offer it for free is...

asked Nov 5 '13 at 21:05
Blank
Max
13 points