Saas Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.64K Views
Selling through VARs and Systems Integrators

We're developing an extension to a commercial open source enterprise software product. Most customers of the product we're extending buy it trough one of its system integration partners. To reach...

asked Aug 26 '10 at 05:33
Blank
Jonas H.
108 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.14K Views
Is security a major concern with Enterprise grade cloud storage?

In your opinion or experience, is security the biggest concern when considering offsite cloud storage? I am curious if vendors like box.net offer their cloud solutions with the intention that...

asked Aug 27 '10 at 18:18
Blank
Joe
277 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
3.14K Views
Can you act as a white-label payment service built on top of a payment processor?

Can a company who has a merchant account act as a white-label "middle-man" between another merchant and a payment processing company like Paypal? For example, a white-label company offers an API...

asked Sep 12 '10 at 15:04
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.6K Views
What to do next for my online startup?

Ok so I've left my job, I've got a business plan, I have a blue ocean idea, I've spoken to a few industry people about the idea and they think its a good idea. I have a designed and paid a...

asked Aug 8 '10 at 23:57
Blank
Jdeleon
70 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3K Views
How do I structure a payment plan for my website?

I plan on making my website a paid one and have a question about structuring the payment plan. Think of the website as an ecommerce site selling very low ticketed items (as low as $0.05). Since...

asked Aug 19 '10 at 13:10
Blank
User2306
232 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.36K Views
How do you choose the base currency for online and mostly international sales?

We are about to launch a website offering products. My "gut" feeling is that a good proportion of our customers will be based in the US. We are currently based in the UK, though that is likely to...

asked May 16 '10 at 17:40
Blank
Morpheous
236 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
4.72K Views
Use Spreedly or Chargify or neither?

I plan to add subscription plan(s) to my website (built using ASP.NET). I may be using Paypal as the payment gateway for now. I might consider adding credit card payments in the future. Although...

asked May 1 '10 at 07:44
Blank
User2306
232 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.58K Views
Multiple Currency Management for SaaS Payments

We'll soon exit the beta stage and start charging for our SaaS solution. We're based in Italy so we work in Euros. We think we should also offer the solution in US Dollars, however we find it hard...

asked May 7 '10 at 23:47
Blank
Deleted
655 points

8 Votes
10 Answers
5.39K Views
Would a 1-man operation be better with downloadable or Saas model software?

If you are a 1-man show (to begin with, and want to stay small), would you be better suited to selling downloadable software or would a hosted version be more idea? With hosted, you don't have to...

asked Mar 11 '10 at 10:19
Blank
Un Startup
162 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
4.41K Views
Best affiliate solution for freemium/free trial web apps?

Most affiliate solutions are not designed to work with freemium or free trial business models. Have you seen an affiliate app that can: Make it simple to manage affiliate relationships Can...

asked Mar 15 '10 at 02:19
Blank
Chris Savage
209 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.78K Views
How do you make decisions in teams?

My [business] partner and I are constantly arguing about how we should do certain things for the SaaS we are creating and we reach a conclusion and a good decision (i think) after hours of aruging...

asked Feb 20 '10 at 01:30
Blank
Abs
21 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
Hosted Quizzes and Polls Platform

I am looking for a hosted Quizzes and Polls platform that has following features Create customized Quizzes and Polls Be able to embed these Quizzes and Polls on my site The platform should...

asked Feb 20 '10 at 11:42
Blank
User2202
164 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
No-touch sign up security risk?

My SaaS startup is considering implementing a new sign-up procedure, but we're worried about security and false accounts. Current Method Prospect fills out free trial form We get an email from...

asked Mar 4 '10 at 23:48
Blank
Rich
61 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
Where is the Price Point of Indifference for SMBs with a Web Presence?

Internally at our startup, there's a lot of belief that at some price between $15-$35/month, small-medium businesses are both: A) Much more likely to convert and try a SaaS product B) Much less...

asked Feb 7 '10 at 04:26
Blank
Randfish
1,001 points

9 Votes
10 Answers
5.11K Views
To Freemium or not to Freemium?

There are numerous examples of SaaS products stuck with lots of users and few paying customers. The common advice is not to give away too much in the free plan and always be upselling. The best...

asked Feb 9 '10 at 07:08
Blank
Ashmaurya
140 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
SaaS for Handling Sales, Demo Requests, Leads, Follow up emails

I know similar questions have already asked but I think we need something slightly different: Capturing user info from our website to the CRM directly via an API Sending welcome, followup emails...

asked Feb 11 '10 at 02:59
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
4.04K Views
How long of a closed-beta is enough?

We have developed a product offered as SaaS, that helps businesses to manage their entire business online (details at www.trakeze.com). We have been running a nice long (more than 6 months)...

asked Jan 24 '10 at 04:45
Blank
Puneet Gangal
281 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.18K Views
How to incorporate in the US without traveling there?

I live in Colombia and have a web service, I would like to create a company in the US so I can receive payments from there. Is there a way to create a company without traveling there like this...

asked Jan 26 '10 at 14:32
Blank
Carl
16 points

9 Votes
10 Answers
5.93K Views
Build in-house or outsource?

I'm working with a SaaS business with a non-technical founder/CEO and am looking for pros and cons for (1) building the software in-house vs (2) outsourcing version 1.0 to a consulting firm. From...

asked Jan 8 '10 at 07:39
Blank
Torrie
230 points

9 Votes
8 Answers
5.09K Views
What would be a fair equity distribution between me and my co-founder?

Me (software developer) and my co-founder (UI designer) are looking forward to build a SaaS startup. I would usually lean towards a 50/50 distribution, but in this particular scenario, the...

asked Jan 17 '10 at 07:02
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points