Saas Questions

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
Survey / Ballot / e-sign tool

I've noticed a trade-off in survey and e-sign tools. Survey tool: Low cost for large volumes Manage Survey Workflow well Excellent data collection / reporting Does not offer signature Does not...

asked Apr 12 '11 at 07:39
Blank
Jeffrey Hicks
313 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
Should we target large customers with our software localization platform?

For the last 15 months we've been working hard to build a cloud-based platform that helps companies localize the software they build (named Amanuens ). It all started from our own needs and we...

asked Apr 12 '11 at 21:24
Blank
Deleted
655 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Acceptable margin for starting SaaS Business

We're just trying to startup a SaaS business, where the model is based around a subscription radio station. We've done the hard numbers and the licencing costs of just providing the music is 50% of...

asked Apr 13 '11 at 12:24
Blank
Mark Underwood
116 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.9K Views
How to narrow a specific target market from a larger overall market? (B2B SaaS)

We're in the final stages of building an online quoting system that automates quoting and lead generation for B2B companies, via their own website. The overall market for our software is large -...

asked Apr 16 '11 at 15:38
Blank
Mike
252 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
Taking and making payments between users

I am in the nascent stages of developing a service that will allows some users to request a certain task and others to perform those tasks. Money in from the user requesting, company takes a small...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 03:24
Blank
Joshucar
91 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
5.31K Views
What are the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for a SaaS Company

I was asked by a potential investor for Key Performance Metrics for our company. What do you think the KPIs are for a typical SaaS company? Here are the ones that I think we should give him: CAC...

asked Mar 16 '11 at 04:57
Blank
Andy Cook
2,309 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
3.14K Views
Cloud-based accounting software

I am in the process of starting a business. The nature of the business is Photography (weddings, etc.). What would be a good accounting software solution (preferably cloud-based or SaaS)?

asked Mar 18 '11 at 05:38
Blank
Brian David Berman
140 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.69K Views
Comparing enterprise, self hosted pricing to SaaS pricing for a smaller client? Changing industry pricing models?

We're trying to figure out the pricing for a service we've been asked to provide (a couple times, in passing, actually in reference to something we've pitched that hasn't hit the mark "well that's...

asked Feb 10 '11 at 15:31
Blank
Sean
1,149 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
5.32K Views
How to charge taxes for online services?

We are a Canadian-based incorporated business that is about to sell subscriptions to a SaaS, both yearly and monthly. How do we handle adding taxes to the service? Since we are a Quebec-based...

asked Feb 12 '11 at 02:34
Blank
Jb Lesage
70 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.53K Views
SaaS Solution and Hosted Solution... is there a difference? (Enterprise)

When it comes to enterprise software, would you say there is a difference between a hosted solution and an SaaS solution? Or are they the same thing? If there are differences and you offered a...

asked Feb 20 '11 at 09:29
Blank
Big Tuna
349 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.58K Views
Hosting advice for B2B SaaS Startup - just sign-up page, and a blog

Ours is a B2B SaaS startup (LAMP stack). We are at a very early stage of the Startup. So, we don't need any dedicated hosting at this time. We have planned to use Amazon (not finalized though). In...

asked Jan 26 '11 at 15:39
Blank
Dhana
16 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.05K Views
What is the quickest way to offer your SaaS customers credit card billing?

I have a SaaS product and want to offer my customers the ability to accept credit cards themselves. What's the quickest way to set this up? EDIT: I'm starting to think that giving the SaaS user a...

asked Jan 28 '11 at 09:57
Blank
Jon Kragh
185 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
What information to gather when registering users

We all know that it's really important for an impatient SaaS user to not make them spend too much time filling forms. Having said that there maybe some important fields that needs to be gathered...

asked Jan 17 '11 at 13:13
Blank
User3462
345 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.41K Views
Which page flow will have better conversion rate?

Which flow will have a better conversion rate? I am designing the page flow for a website that is a of a monthly subscription type. Here's the page flow options I have: Home Page (Try now...

asked Jan 4 '11 at 02:26
Blank
User3462
345 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
3.52K Views
Want to offer SaaS product via RDP, any recommendation on hosting

We already have a desktop product for Windows. Unfortunately it is a win32/64 exe for Windows, and making a web version would take some years. We want to join the SaaS party, so we want to...

asked Dec 4 '10 at 05:59
Blank
Jag V.
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
tax implications of running SAAS

If I am running a SAAS businss and my users are paying me e.g. 10$ per month is there a sales tax liability on it? Who pays that tax and what are the different things to consider. Does it matter...

asked Dec 12 '10 at 11:19
Blank
Jewelthief
151 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.81K Views
Trial to paid conversion ratio

Are there any good reference points about trial-to-paid conversion in SAAS world? What factors impact this ratio. I am looking at streaming rich media for B2C.

asked Dec 13 '10 at 13:52
Blank
Jewelthief
151 points

9 Votes
6 Answers
4.36K Views
Anyone done A/B tests on SaaS plan names?

I am adding paid plans for my online service and would like to know what subscription plan names to use. Should I go with Gold, Silver, Bronze or Basic, Premium, Standard??

asked Nov 22 '10 at 10:20
Blank
Nick H
120 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.22K Views
Suggestions for a tool that is equal to LinkedIn + CRM + Email?

We use Google Apps and Highrise. Now, they are both decent tools, the problem is that they do not integrate. Most particularly, keeping GMail contacts in sync with Highrise is a huge problem. Now,...

asked Oct 24 '10 at 20:26
Blank
Deleted
655 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.23K Views
Should I use online accounting software in Canada?

My part-time bookkeeper and I are currently reviewing Xero for accounting. I like the online aspect of being able to enter and view data online (my bookkeeper works from home). The cost seems...

asked Oct 27 '10 at 12:14
Blank
Jonotron
13 points