Saas Questions

13 Votes
6 Answers
3.31K Views
Should we hire a sales or invest more time in our online presence?

We are a small software company with a process automation product. To do more sales, we would like to compare following options for next year: Hire a sales guy. Someone capable of doing cold...

asked Dec 25 '09 at 18:28
Blank
Frans
66 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
8.68K Views
Where can I find a good example of a product roadmap?

I'm looking for a published roadmap for a web application that is still close to the minimum viable product. Ideally on a site that is also using uservoice

asked Dec 28 '09 at 01:54
Blank
User1269
158 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Growing Successfully Using Strategic Business Alliances

Traditionally businesses have grown through hiring employees, building and acquiring assets, establishing branches and subsidiaries, etc. but with this comes high overhead, segregation of duties,...

asked Jan 2 '10 at 17:39
Blank
Starr Ed
948 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
3.36K Views
What is the ideal mix of founders for a SaaS startup?

I've been talking to some friends about ideas for a startup? There are plenty ideas and the common theme is that they're all SaaS webapps selling to small- or medium-sized businesses. What do you...

asked Jan 5 '10 at 09:29
Blank
Denis Hennessy
1,363 points

13 Votes
6 Answers
4.15K Views
As a SaaS vendor, should you provide data export?

Some people tend to avoid Software as a Service due to the fear of vendor lock in. Therefore, you are losing customers by not offering a data export option. However, you don't want to be "helping"...

asked Dec 19 '09 at 03:44
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.76K Views
Know any SaaS Start up / ISV Ratios?

Many fields have standard guideline ratios for numbers. For example, in the catalog industry the rule I hear is that all costs excluding labor should never exceed 70% of revenue for a...

asked Nov 17 '09 at 15:05
Blank
Adam
446 points

10 Votes
7 Answers
5.2K Views
New startup - how to handle billing?

My subscription-based application is going to be written in Ruby on Rails; I have two routes I can go as far as billing is concerned: I can use a hosted service that takes care of managing the...

asked Nov 20 '09 at 03:06
Blank
Wayne M
211 points

12 Votes
8 Answers
3.71K Views
Subscription revenue: $40 a year or $3-5 a month?

Hey there, I'm the founder of a site that helps families keep in touch. We're going to be buying our cash register soon, so we're figuring out our revenue model. We're deciding between two types...

asked Oct 29 '09 at 07:21
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points

13 Votes
9 Answers
5.68K Views
Should SAAS have tiered pricing for different countries?

For a start-up providing a web-app to customers on a subscription basis, do you think that the benefits of different geographic pricing outweigh the downside? My rationale is that while North...

asked Nov 1 '09 at 18:56
Blank
User1084
363 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.92K Views
How to do a trial offer?

We'd like to offer 30 day trial for a subscription service. Has anyone experimented with that? We will probably do a bunch of testing with it but I'd really like to hear your experiences on: 1)...

asked Oct 18 '09 at 08:38
Blank
Slav Ivanov
1,146 points

16 Votes
11 Answers
3.57K Views
Founding a startup while at school

I'm a Software Engineering student, have lots of ideas and read technology/startup blogs like a maniac. I've been developing web applications and websites for many years and was looking forward to...

asked Oct 21 '09 at 08:25
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points