Saas Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
Liabilities as SAAS should consider

I'm considering registering a business that I am bootstrapping. At this point I am concerned about keeping costs down. The cheapest option in my state is to register a Sole Proprietorship. The next...

asked Dec 14 '11 at 02:42
Blank
Mike Nereson
411 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
What is the best way to price my service?

Please help me decide and refine the pricing for my new SAAS application. I already have an installable application and about launch a service on the cloud with monthly subscriptions. I have put...

asked Dec 2 '11 at 09:26
Blank
Nilesh
420 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.26K Views
The non-technology founder of a SAAS is usually middle-aged?

So my question is: Is the non-technology founder of a successful software as a service start up usually between the ages of 35 and 50 with lots of experience? If so, should I use their career...

asked Nov 24 '11 at 11:38
Blank
John
170 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
What are the key factors in the initial promotion of a lean startup?

I've made my first effort to promote my soon to be released mobile application, by making a landing page for it and posting to reddit.com and now, stack exchange. The application is a special kind...

asked Nov 28 '11 at 03:49
Blank
Tom Dignan
114 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
What to do before offering e-services from EU to US?

Planning to export e-services (online services, Internet-based, SaaS) from a EU-based company to the US market, what are key things to consider ?

asked Nov 10 '11 at 23:18
Blank
Refineo
238 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
Does anyone have suggestions for building a user base for a budding SaaS project?

What specific actions lead to getting users to try your new product?

asked Nov 12 '11 at 07:56
Blank
Chris
11 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.47K Views
Valuation for a B2B SAAS past prototype, but pre-launch?

This is a little complicated, but I have an interested group of angels asking for how much for 10%-20% of my company. I have no clue what to tell them, or what my valuation is. It is a B2B Saas...

asked Nov 12 '11 at 09:21
Blank
Amanda
16 points

-2 Votes
3 Answers
3.03K Views
How to start a hosted ecommerce solution like Shopify and Volusion?

I'm thinking of building a django application which is like an online shopping mall similar to eBay and Amazon. My business model is somewhat like that of Shopify or Volusion, which means I will...

asked Nov 14 '11 at 11:48
Blank
User14412
1 point

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.86K Views
Monetization options - other than ads - for consumer SaaS

I started a consumer SaaS almost 2 months ago. It's a calories counter system. You log in, register your meals and the system tells you how many calories you ate and the type of those calories. You...

asked Oct 25 '11 at 08:45
Blank
Joca
31 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.87K Views
App development vs Web development

Ok basically I have good ideas for both but i just need to know where to start. which market is less harsh/competitive and easier to step into and learn the ropes between the two( I know none are...

asked Oct 28 '11 at 00:53
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
Protecting user data in multi-tenant SaaS

What is your take on the ownership of members data in a multi-tenant SaaS (Software as a Service). I am designing a reservation type SaaS for the use of mainly two groups of people - the consumers...

asked Oct 20 '11 at 13:02
Blank
Lc Yoong
1 point

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.44K Views
Startup "Press Release" months before alpha/beta product available

So I am currently developing a web project with is SaaS, I'm committed to the project, but in order to judge the market while I work on it I was considering doing a some blogs post about the...

asked Oct 22 '11 at 10:04
Blank
E Wizard Ii
150 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
SaaS ERP paying options

What do you think of the following business model for SaaS ERP: GIVE FREE ACCESS FOR 2 users (or so) per organization and charge for additional users.Thanks Martin

asked Oct 11 '11 at 18:45
Blank
Martin
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
Pricing it right

I don't have retail experience and what I need to price is SAAS, however I am aware of the psychological factors when it comes to pricing. $19.95 is a heck better than $20, even though the price is...

asked Oct 12 '11 at 07:00
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
SaaS vs local distribution and GPL implications

Let's say our theoretical company has a SaaS product for which we charge $xx per month. The product is entirely web based and the backend includes GPL code. As I understand it, since our product...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 06:06
Blank
Mr. Schwabe
147 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.41K Views
Free trial in a tiered SaaS application

Suppose I have a SaaS application which has several subsctiption plans (think "Basic" for 2 users and this much of storage space, "Starter" for 5 users... you know the drill) What will be the the...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 13:57
Blank
Anton Gogolev
136 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.66K Views
Marketing Education ERP with partners

We have an ERP product that is targeted at schools, colleges, small & large institutes. We are looking to sell this product online with SaaS model. The product is ready and we are now...

asked Sep 25 '11 at 21:45
Blank
Dartz Educational Erp
3 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.05K Views
Are there any benchmarks for hosting/infrastructure/licensing costs for a SaaS provider?

Does anyone know of benchmarks or comparisons for hosting/software/infrastucture costs for a SaaS startup? We are running at about 3.2% of Gross Revenue and 11% of net revenue. We feel like we are...

asked Sep 15 '11 at 03:15
Blank
Boom Town Tech
101 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.14K Views
Adding LITE version to current product

I have a web-based service that requires a paid subscription. In fact I have the following subscription levels: 3-day trial 1 month 1 year In my personal opinion, the main value of the service...

asked Sep 19 '11 at 03:39
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
10.4K Views
Avoiding complicated EU VAT rules for SaaS company

I am in the UK and am in the process of setting up a SaaS product which people will be able to purchase online by monthly subscription. I have been researching the VAT rules for supply of...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 08:00
Blank
Chris Roberts
1,352 points