GPL Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
Using images licensed under GNU?

Can we use images/emoticons published under GPL license in our commercial online app? If we do that, are we liable to publish app under GPL? Regards, Jack

GPL
asked Jul 27 '12 at 01:51
Blank
Jack
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
Business model for a GPLed software product

I have a working prototype of a Mercurial repository browser/management tool for Windows and I'm thinking in creating a potential business out of it. While developing this, I looked a lot inside...

asked Jun 29 '12 at 19:02
Blank
Anton Gogolev
136 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
What are my obligations If I want to use a GPL-3.0 licensed JavaScript library on my site?

I don't want to modify it, and the script itself has URLs to their site in the header. They have a commercial version for sale, but I want to know when I should pay for it. Here's the GPL-3.0...

GPL
asked May 29 '12 at 03:48
Blank
Neonguru
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.66K Views
is automation of a GPL software allowed

if there is a batch software released under the GPL, can I create a services that calls that batch and uses it's output?I do not go into the source code of the program, I just call the batch file

GPL
asked Oct 31 '11 at 22:48
Blank
Ryan
147 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
SaaS vs local distribution and GPL implications

Let's say our theoretical company has a SaaS product for which we charge $xx per month. The product is entirely web based and the backend includes GPL code. As I understand it, since our product...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 06:06
Blank
Mr. Schwabe
147 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
Under GPL, can I legally put my own logo & copyright, considering that I have made significant changes?

I've been running a software startup for the last year - basically the business model is that I customize the software products released under GPL for my end customers. These customizations are...

asked Mar 9 '11 at 16:51
Blank
Ajay
13 points