Saas Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Launching Competing SaaS (how blatant can you mention your competitor)

I am launching some SaaS later next week that will be directly competing with someone who has a monopoly in the space. We will (hopefully) be cheaper, more features, better support and more...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 04:59
Blank
Nextgenneo
327 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Should I alter my pricing structure so that I can offer discounts?

I am in the process of developing a SaaS website and am going through the process of determining subscription levels and pricing structures. On top of the monthly subscription for the on-going...

asked Aug 14 '11 at 10:01
Blank
Chris Roberts
1,352 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.88K Views
As head of an internal software development project being spun off, what level of equity should I negotiate for?

I am in negotiations to spin off a new company that will develop and sell our in-house software project as a SaaS product. As a founding member (the Development Manager) of the new company, I have...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 00:46
Blank
Ash
106 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.26K Views
How should you value a SaaS company?

Given the following assumptions: Assume total investment (founders + seed) to a SaaS company is 100K After one year, the monthly net profit is 5K, and it is growing at around 10% monthly. What...

asked Jul 5 '11 at 02:20
Blank
Jack
26 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Switch straight to paid saas?

I have a successful tool that has received lots of buzz for the past week or two. The tool is currently free and I hope to adopt a freemium model. I have the following options and I can't decide...

asked Jul 5 '11 at 23:12
Blank
Lee
8 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.78K Views
What is standard marketing practice for a niche SAAS product?

My product solves a known problem for a specific industry and I am wondering how best to sell this. Eventhough it is a SAAS based product, our leads won't come online to search for this type of...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 07:30
Blank
User11074
39 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
Android Market and SaaS. Is there problem?

I'm working on industry specific software. Basic idea is that I have big fat server somewhere, some web app. and mobile clients. Now I started to think about legal parts of this model. Reading...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 12:55
Blank
Katit
276 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
I launched a DIY website software company. How/where would you market it?

Currently the software is in alpha and we're looking for some more users and are not sure where the best place is to drop an invite code or whatever other strategy will help us gather up some...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 14:33
Blank
Nfriend21
31 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
Promoting the application (SAAS)

I created a flash app. A service or a game - it does not matter. Advertising takes a lot of money and not always effective, it is desirable that my app promote itself. Task - to create in the app...

asked May 27 '11 at 01:05
Blank
Astraport
186 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.05K Views
Strategy for sending email reminders for a SaaS

I'm building a free-to-use SaaS to help people understand the energy efficiency of their homes and I'm planning to send email reminders to help promote activity in the site e.g. users who...

asked May 27 '11 at 18:23
Blank
Owen Fraser Green
128 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
8.18K Views
Sales commission for SAAS startups

We are a SAAS startup with an average MRR of $300. We are planning to have both in-house and outside sales agents (without salary but 20-30% commission). What is the sales commission model you...

asked May 28 '11 at 06:01
Blank
User8226
197 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
UK based subscription web app - best payment provider for $5 per month payments

I am currently developing a SaaS product and am at an impasse in terms of how to charge. The subscription is only going to be $5 per month. Although I'm in the UK, my main market is going to be...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 18:35
Blank
Sam Delaney
28 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
4.01K Views
Unique Visitors to Customer Base corelation

I am researching my competitors before getting into SAAS based software market. For one of the competitors total monthly unique visitors to be 3000. I am calculating roughly 50% of them are...

asked May 17 '11 at 06:02
Blank
User8226
197 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
Security-as-a-Service API business model

We're a small startup company in the web security space. In a nutshell, we have developed a unique approach to scan and detect web threats. After much consideration, we have decided to welcome the...

asked May 3 '11 at 22:32
Blank
Marek.B
9 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.71K Views
Burned out. Should we sell our SaaS business or find second round investment?

Hey my name is Chris and my wife and I started a web application in Brazil over 3 years ago. As most of the individuals in this community understand the difficulties of starting a business(These...

asked May 4 '11 at 03:55
Blank
Chris
3 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Startup giving away product early or hold out?

So we are a SaaS model new recruitng tool and weve been trying to acquire our first couple of major deals. I read alot of books on starting up and have advised start ups my whole career. At first...

asked May 4 '11 at 07:19
Blank
Rich Goldstein
21 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.55K Views
What are you doing about the Amazon EC2 issues?

Amazon has been having a lot of issues on EC2 through this weekend and I am sure many other startups got burned by them. What are you guys doing about it? Do you consider Amazon equally reliable...

asked Apr 25 '11 at 22:52
Blank
Jorge Guzman
45 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
6K Views
PCI compliance and Visa Third Party Agent requirements

I own a web hosting company and maintain my own servers in a colocation facility. I do not resell the hosting services of another company. My new startup company is a SaaS provider that I'm hosting...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 12:57
Blank
Tauren
240 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
Moving from one cloud-based CRM to another?

We're a small healthcare-related services company with one sales rep, whom I manage. We are trying out the Salesforce.com contact manager and it seems to do the job for what we need. We use Google...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 00:31
Blank
Tcolling
433 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.46K Views
Should I offer a site tour on my home page?

In the not so distant future, I will be launching a site that is mostly for businesses and is largely Software as a Service. I am wondering what you think about the pros and cons of having a pretty...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 11:02
Blank
User9886
21 points