Saas Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Pricing strategy dilemma for SAAS marketplace web app

We are stuck on which is the most appropriate pricing strategy for our Saas marketplace web application. We have consumers who post details of their problem x and service providers y who propose...

asked Nov 6 '13 at 09:32
Blank
Chuck
113 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.71K Views
Strike a balance when answering customer security questions

We have a free B2B Saas offering - we are young company and still getting established and we get asked questions on a daily basis about security. The questions we get asked almost daily are things...

asked Nov 6 '13 at 21:44
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Terms of service: Who should accept them?

We have an online service for creating and sharing work instructions. After a private demo of the software, companies usually go for a free 30-day trial. In our software, we define an administrator...

asked Oct 4 '13 at 00:43
Blank
Daniel Frechette
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
what costs to factor and how much to charge monthly

what costs do I need to consider and factor into my total cost when determining how much to charge for a subscription service? I am developing a web based application with various subscription...

asked Oct 15 '13 at 11:58
Blank
Mike Mc Mahon
103 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
How should I reply to important people for my company if they write their emails unprofessionally?

I have received and email from a potentially important person for my company. I don't mean the daily spam. I mean verified bigger company CEO. And this email is written in a style you would expect...

asked Oct 15 '13 at 19:59
Blank
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
How can I work out how much my mobile app is worth from these earning figures?

A CEO of a bigger company has contact me today asking if I am interesting in selling my Android application. He is asking for the numbers straight away and how much I want to sell it for. The app...

asked Oct 16 '13 at 01:06
Blank
111 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.99K Views
Saas Startup in India

We are currently in design stage for a SaaS product aiming at Indian market. Our initial (fairly local) market survey suggests that there is a demand for this product. The desktop version of this...

asked Oct 18 '13 at 20:03
Blank
User25018
109 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.71K Views
Web Application Ethics?

A customer asked us to build a small web application. We charged them to develop it and had a clause in the contract which stated we "reserve the right to re-use any code written for this...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 19:52
Blank
Big Tuna
349 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Licensing inactive units

In an HRIS (human resources) application there are active and inactive employees - the inactive need to be kept for legal reasons but also for application effectiveness as employee id is used as a...

asked Sep 16 '13 at 19:35
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Dealing with missed/overdue payments for add-ons

We are building a SaaS product where there will be some plans to subscribe to. In addition to subscribing, the user can also buy some add-ons for more functionality. Since these add-ons do not...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 13:36
Blank
F21
142 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.2K Views
When to decide how to monetize your product?

I am not sure if I should wait till I have multitudes of users, or just start monetizing it now. My first instinct would be just to allow it to be monetized by ads. I only need it to pay for...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 08:03
Blank
Dkroy
130 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.75K Views
Will SaaS solution work for POS and Inventory Management in small retail stores in India

How could I measure the effectiveness of a subscription or commission model for POS and inventory system, in a high volume low cost market?

asked Aug 23 '13 at 19:32
Blank
Srkgupta
6 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
1.96K Views
Options to make initial customer experience as compelling as possible

When a customer signs up for a free trial, often their mind gets made up in the first few hours or even minutes of using the product. Our app has a number of steps which need to be completed...

asked Jul 27 '13 at 05:47
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.62K Views
Prepay vs Postpay, what billing model should be used for a SaaS utility?

We provide a utility-like service and have to charge a variable rate per API call. Most of our customers are businesses (B2B). Just like an electric bill, at the end of the month we can total the...

asked Jun 11 '13 at 06:44
Blank
Rook
123 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
How do you charge for consulting services of varied amounts?

We charge a monthly fee for customers to use our service. On the sign-up form the calculation for this fee is done and the cost is shown to the customer. They can then complete the billing info and...

asked May 22 '13 at 23:27
Blank
Sjbotha
116 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.86K Views
How can I price my SaaS app better?

This is what my current monthly pricing is: $29 for up to 50 users $149 for up to 150 users $299 for up to 300 users Pricing on request above 300 users A few things to note: This has to be a...

asked Apr 25 '13 at 01:24
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Sale commission for someone who brings a big fish (SaaS model)

I was wondering what is a reasonable/fare commission for someone (call him an agent) who can introduce us to a potential big client. I estimate the client can generate at minimum 400K-600K a year...

asked May 2 '13 at 08:47
Blank
Adhg
250 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.45K Views
Is it okay to use 2 different payment accepting services (systems) on the website that sells SaaS software?

One service will be used for region A because it offers paypal, the second one will be used for region B (it does not have paypal option) but offers automatical generation and sending invoice for...

asked Apr 8 '13 at 20:20
Blank
Alexey Grigoryev
62 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Are there benefits in targeting local companies to use my SaaS product?

I'm developing a software as a service product due to a problem I was experiencing when emailing clients. Without going into too much detail about it; it's a product that would be aimed towards...

asked Apr 11 '13 at 02:07
Blank
Iamjonesy
129 points

11 Votes
2 Answers
3.66K Views
B2B SAAS business. Enterprise customers keep asking to accept their terms agreements

My business is a B2B SaaS business that I've been running for the last two years. It is self-provisioning, self-service, subscription-based service charged to customers credit cards. Monthly...

asked Mar 23 '13 at 06:53
Blank
Igorek
886 points