Provisional Patent Questions

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.07K Views
provisional patent application

I submitted a provisional patent application from an foreign country to the USPTO a few months ago. I researched and found out my idea worth a non-provisional patent application. (I made it...

asked Jan 8 '13 at 18:30
Blank
John
26 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Guideline for self-filing a provisional patent application

I'm looking to file a provisional patent application in Canada and the US. From what I've been told, the process is not easily out-sourceable, and I'm on a shoestring startup budget. I would like...

asked Oct 19 '12 at 01:59
Blank
Blueberryfields
426 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
International provisional patent application?

Our product is ready for manufacturing. i applied for a none-provisional application in my country. but i know this do not effect on other countries and also if i start selling product then other...

asked Aug 19 '12 at 04:58
Blank
Ted
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.93K Views
provisional patent and source code and/or video

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me answer the following. I am currently at MIT and attempting to submit a complete provisional application for a SaaS service I am about to launch....

asked Jun 20 '12 at 03:15
Blank
Somid3
195 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
patent application filed without my name

I had a mobile application idea and shared my idea with my co-worker. Later, he suggested we file for a provisional patent together. We verbally agreed that each of us owns half of the patent...

asked May 6 '12 at 17:21
Blank
User17835
21 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.5K Views
How to make US Software Patent Application by UK-based startup?

We are a UK-based web start-up and as far as I know it is not possible to patent software in the UK or EU (IMHO a good thing). But we would like to protect ourselves in the US by making a...

asked Mar 15 '12 at 20:59
Blank
Noel Abrahams
111 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.04K Views
protect using a provisional patent

Suppose A filed a provisional application yesterday. Today, B files an application that is very similar to A's, and says 'her' idea is unique and patent pending. Will B get the benefits of her...

asked Feb 17 '12 at 15:28
Blank
Mhc
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
Patent on Social Network

I have an idea for a social network site. I know Facebook has many patents and I'm afraid of violating one of some of them. I'm not located in the US, main questions: Do you think I should talk...

asked Jun 5 '11 at 04:44
Blank
Daniel
24 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
What's the best way to execute a provisional patent filing?

I'm working on getting a SaaS start-up off the ground. Right now I'm focusing on building a "launch-able" prototype to help me in conversations with potential partners and investors. Some of the...

asked May 24 '10 at 06:45
Blank
Ellery
96 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.13K Views
A question(s) about IP in a 'Web 2.0' startup

I'm laying the groundwork for what might ostensibly be considered a 'Web 2.0' startup. While I think that I might have some protectable IP, I think that these are not necessarily fundamental to the...

asked Apr 7 '10 at 01:43
Blank
Ev Conrad
561 points