Some thoughts that immediately come to mind:
Startup Consultants focus on:
Business & Management Consultants
- Founding considerations (incorporation, bylaws, early contracts, founder equity split, intellectual property allocation)
- Investment considerations (pitching to VCs, ownership allocation after investment)
- Establishing a development model for products/services after some testing. Not much hierarchy in place, so there's room to discover an optimal way of organizing work.
- Cost-effectiveness and profitability of product/services provided
- Working with established depts. and improving on existing methods of business organization. Adaptation to existing/legacy systems is involved. Even the wikipedia article you posted says: "...primarily through the analysis of existing organisational problems and development of plans for improvement"