Promotion Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
Referral tracking services?

We'd like to generate business based on our customers referring us to people they know who could use our product. Some questions about this: Can you recommend a referral tracking service or...

asked Sep 22 '10 at 21:17
Blank
Bstpierre
422 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.9K Views
Promoting a website by writing articles

We have recently launched a website, and we are now going through the promotional phase of 'getting the word out'. One of the ways we are doing this is by writing a series of quality articles to...

asked Aug 17 '10 at 20:42
Blank
Morpheous
236 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.11K Views
Are there companies outhere that we can outsource PR, inbound marketing and general marketing/promo/sales work to?

We are small bootup startup. We recently launched a MVP website. Marketing is generally, 'not our bag' and we would like to seek the help of someone/an entity that specializes in this field, to...

asked Aug 21 '10 at 16:37
Blank
Morpheous
236 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.17K Views
Digg vs. Reddit for promoting a blog post

If you are promoting a blog post, should one focus on digg or reddit ranking? Which is preferable and why?

asked Jun 28 '10 at 06:49
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.46K Views
How effective is Twitter for disseminating links?

What sort of attention does Twitter get for links? How effective is it for disseminating links, in comparison to other techniques? In what circumstances is it the one of the best channels for...

asked Jun 29 '10 at 15:48
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.25K Views
Is Facebook "Like" button useful for small sites?

What are the effects of having a Facebook "Like!" button on your page, if you are a small site? What are the benefits of it, and possible disadvantages of the Facebook Like button? What effect...

asked Jun 29 '10 at 15:58
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
How do I attract visitors to a niche content site?

I recently launched a niche content site. The niche is actually fairly popular, but I am not sure how to attract visitors or promote the site. I feel that my site offers value to people in this...

asked Jun 1 '10 at 15:21
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
What are the unexplored marketing channels for web apps?

Say I have a niche web app and need to raise awareness for it. The default route is to have a blog, ask around nicely for reviews, and buy Adwords. I am currently trying out Adwords with limited...

asked Feb 24 '10 at 21:05
Blank
Tomas Kohl
276 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.91K Views
How would you reach language professionals?

I recently launched a Q&A language site (powered by StackExchange just like answers.onstartups.com) as a side project. Now that it's gaining noticeable interest, I am looking forward to push it...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 03:02
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points