Create a US Company but working abroad


I want to create a company in the US and in the process obtain a Investor Visa.

Although we want to focus on the US market, our plans are not to move right away there. The main reason is the structure of costs compared with the ones in my home country. Our plans are however to move to the US in 6-12 months. In the mean time, is there any way we can hire people in my home country - Spain? is it needed to create a subsidiary company in Spain or is there a cheaper way of doing so?

Legal USA

asked Dec 29 '11 at 19:34
Javier Chamizo
6 points
Get up to $750K in working capital to finance your business: Clarify Capital Business Loans

3 Answers


You can have your company in USA and to hire people you can contract them as freelancer (autónomos), if you want yo hire them in social security you have to create a company in Spain and then you will need so sell your service to the american company.

answered Oct 16 '12 at 16:54
Hola Soy Edu Feliz Navidad
117 points


To create a company in the US you can apply for the Investor Visa but you will have to qualify for it.

As far as hiring people in Spain I would have to assume that you will need an entity of some sort do it. You can hire people directly for the company in the US but you will need to be able to sponsor their H-1B visa to do so that will probably be cheaper then opening a subsidiary in Spain and getting them L visa or similar.

answered Jan 24 '12 at 03:31
1,779 points


If I understand your question correctly, you are asking: "Must you create a company in Spain to obtain an investor visa in the U.S.?" The answer to that question is "No."

Disclaimer: This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

answered Dec 30 '11 at 05:28
Dana Shultz
6,015 points

Your Answer

  • Bold
  • Italic
  • • Bullets
  • 1. Numbers
  • Quote
Not the answer you're looking for? Ask your own question or browse other questions in these topics:

Legal USA