I've been working on a passion-project for a while called Pi Day Challenge - it's a site designed to inspire people about math and celebrate 3/14.
One thing that I thought about tonight was whether or not I should direct users to like the app/fan page (http://facebook.com/pidaychallenge ) or the site itself (http://pidaychallenge.com ).
What's the best practice in a case like this - app or site?
Upsides I see to liking the app url:
Upsides I see to liking the site url:
- I already have 700+ likes on the app itself
- We interact with fans on this page - it's like a pseudo Facebook page with a feed, etc.
- If a user likes the app url, they become a fan of that page, and news shows up in their feed (I think)
- When friends see their friends like it, the URL they click brings them directly to the site. When they like the app url, it instead brings them to http://facebook.com/pidaychallenge and then they have to click "Go to App" to actually use it.
- Could potentially give link love to the actual site - but I'm not sure