How do I know if a potential new employee is a "long-term" unemployed person?


This pertains to the president's proposed new tax breaks for businesses. PBS Newshour

Employees Tax

asked Sep 15 '11 at 10:03
Tom Jones
24 points
  • Who ever gave the -1 please put a comment as to why you chose to downvote the question. – Robin Vessey 12 years ago

4 Answers


Look in the resume and check the date he left his last place of employment. If necessary you can contact the references he or she has provided and ask them about long gaps in employment history.

answered Sep 15 '11 at 17:56
172 points


You could

  • Ask them, bit facetious but actually a good starting point
  • Find government departments and employment programs looking to place these people.
  • Talk to shelters and voluntary groups who support these people.
  • Talk to church or other community centers who know them and can vouch for them.
  • Many are disabled or handicapped so there are support services and groups who are training and attempting to place "rehabilitated" people.
answered Sep 15 '11 at 16:32
Robin Vessey
8,394 points


I think the below suggestions might be found helpful.

  • Ask him his about previous employer and then confirm from there when he left the job.
  • Track his personal accounts at social media and networking website. Review the posts/tweets on the walls. I think they should also give you an idea about his current or past employment history
  • Moreover, this suggestion might be a little wispy but it works some times. Google the real name of that potential employee, if he has shared any bit about his working, job or employer anywhere on the internet, he can be tracked.
answered Sep 15 '11 at 22:26
Usman Sarfraz
1,326 points


Ask them about what projects they are done and just look at the project and find about technical difficulties in that project from him and see his answer and you will get to know easily whether he worked on that particular project or not.

answered Sep 15 '11 at 22:12
Bhanu Prasad
209 points
  • How is this related to the question at hand? – John 12 years ago

Your Answer

  • Bold
  • Italic
  • • Bullets
  • 1. Numbers
  • Quote
Not the answer you're looking for? Ask your own question or browse other questions in these topics:

Employees Tax