Can a Legal Immigrant file for a LLC or Corporation?


I'm on H1B visa. Is it legal to register a LLC or corporation?

LLC Visa

asked Jan 13 '11 at 03:45
Get up to $750K in working capital to finance your business: Clarify Capital Business Loans

3 Answers


Short answer is yes you can but you can not work for it with that visa type.

answered Jan 13 '11 at 06:18
John Bogrand
2,210 points


When you form an LLC or incorporate a corporation, the immigration status of anyone involved is not an issue. YES.

answered Jan 13 '11 at 09:51
1,747 points
  • Lot of people say, that I can only for a C corporation? – Vanchinathan Chandrasekaran 13 years ago

Your Answer

  • Bold
  • Italic
  • • Bullets
  • 1. Numbers
  • Quote
Not the answer you're looking for? Ask your own question or browse other questions in these topics:

LLC Visa