I have no experience registering a .com domain name and am looking into how to do this. I came across a site which lists “10 things you must know before you register a domain name with anyone.” The site's really an advertisement for a particular domain name registrar, but it does seem to list valid warnings; from what I understand, among the most important things it warns about are registrars who:
Are there other pitfalls that I should watch out for? How do I avoid them? How much should I expect to be paying for registering a .com domain for 1 year while avoiding such problems?
Well there is always plenty out there to scare you. It is basically a very trivial task.
If you have any friends that have websites ask them who they register their domains with.
If a registrar has online chat ask them your queries.
If you worry about people whois'ing your domain and finding your details pay extra to have these details hidden. What I do is register my domains under my accountants address and therefore don't care if people see this address.
.com domain should cost you about $10 - $15 per year. Try someone like GoDaddy. They are just fine for registering domains and I have never had issues with them. I'm not promoting them I'm just showing you one of the big dogs out there.
Good luck with finding a decent .com!
To avoid the pitfalls consider some factors given below:
1) Domain names should be unique and always choose short domain name.
2) Don't use hyphens and numbers in your domain name.
3) It should be easy to spell.
4) Choose the name that should be relevant with the content of your website for (e.g)if your website is about beauty equipments like makeup kits, cosmetics etc... you can choose your domain name as Beautyqn.com and so on.
) Avoid Trademarks
5) While choosing domain extension try to get the domain names in .com or .net or .org.
Get the reliable domain names at the site Tucktail.com,at low cost.You can check your Domain name details using the site WhoisXY.com whether it is correct or not.