I've been searching for the one-stop answer for quite sometime but coudn't find any verdict what is the best option to run a web design business which minimise the risks and making both parties: me and the clients are happy as mush as possible. My questions are:
- Should I have a reseller hosting plan is the best bet? I am afraid of 3 predictable problems that might come:
- Reseller hosting plan/month is more expensive than normal hosting plan. I don't know how it will be going in the future, been trying to keep an investment lowest as possible in the beginning.
- If I had one, my clients will have the access to their cPanel/account which might ruin my work if they mess up things in there.
- They could call me up 24/7.
- If I provide them the host, register the domain name for them, both are in a specific period and they have to renew after that period has expired. In this case scenario, who will have the rights of the website's ownership? Do I have to hand over my work to them when finished? How do you it?
- What I'll have in mind is I'll have the price packages in web design which including hosting plan for clients to choose from, they pay me the money, when finished I keep hold of the ownership for one year during this time the clients have to pay me extra for editing the content, if they want to have their own site in control and leave for good, they also have to pay me extra. What do you think?