Setting up a small business in United States with Canadian citizenship?


Where can I find more information on setting up a small business in USA as a Canadian citizen? I need to incorporate in the USA, would this automatically allow me to work in USA? Or does there need to be certain amount of money invested in this LLC?

LLC Canada USA

asked Mar 24 '12 at 15:53
Kim Jong Woo
644 points
Get up to $750K in working capital to finance your business: Clarify Capital Business Loans
  • You should try asking one question instead of three. Also the details of obtaining a work visa for the USA is really off topic. – Jonny Boats 12 years ago

1 Answer


You can start with the SBA. They usually have a good resources. As far as businesses go, to start an LLC you have to have a registered address and a registered agent in the state where you start the LLC. Each state has different rules/regulations, so consider that when you begin.

Just because you start a business, does not give you the right to a) enter b) live or c) work in the US. You'll need to personally go through the visa process for this.

@JonnyBoats is right, 3 separate questions, each with a more detailed list of what you want to do will help the community provide the best answer.

answered Jun 1 '12 at 02:32
Madd Hacker
493 points

Your Answer

  • Bold
  • Italic
  • • Bullets
  • 1. Numbers
  • Quote
Not the answer you're looking for? Ask your own question or browse other questions in these topics:

LLC Canada USA