Conflicts Questions

5 Votes
3 Answers
4.46K Views
Early investor wants to cash out

Our company had an early partner that came in on the 'ground floor' and promised to one of the first hired employees. He invested money into the company for an partner's equity share (25%). A few...

asked Oct 26 '13 at 04:58
Blank
The Brock Ellis
28 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
Getting divorce after starting a company in Florida

I am a married guy in state of Florida and I am in the initial phase of my first web startup. Well, the things are not running smooth at personal level and sooner I will be getting a divorce with...

asked May 11 '13 at 04:29
Blank
Coder
28 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
Side Business on Contractors of current Company?

I work at an Oil & Gas Company in Texas and we use many 1099 contractors to get jobs done (welding, casing, and other services. I have started a side Bookkeeping/Accounting Business with very...

asked Feb 25 '13 at 14:49
Blank
Rob
6 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.29K Views
Company A wants to hire company B to do some work, I'm a co-founder in both

What are some caveats in this situation? For example, how can I make sure my partners in both companies are happy, and there is no suspicion on their side that I'm tricking both companies to my own...

asked Oct 28 '12 at 03:07
Blank
Mojuba
138 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.13K Views
Change in equity split when founder is dying?

I'm currently involved in a software start up with two other people. Abe started the company a couple years ago. He outsourced development for $100k. He's worked a lot of hours, but on a part time...

asked Nov 5 '12 at 17:49
Blank
Robbie
62 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Is choosing a commercial technology going to make it harder to find hackers to hire?

I am currently working as a tech advisor for a start-up. We tried composing a dev team for a while, but were unable to find talented people. We got a proposal from a company to build our app,...

asked Aug 19 '12 at 06:52
Blank
Xananax
108 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.63K Views
How to proceed in ending a partnership?

My "business" partner who mainly did nothing for 5 months on the business end is finally deciding to depart the business. I am still going to continue developing the business and the product. How...

asked Jan 3 '12 at 13:15
Blank
Bojo
8 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.74K Views
Is this really a good method of going about this...?

We're a 2 man startup. Im tech side, hes (business) side. I'm a full-time student, put in a good 20-30 hours per week (still!) while he says hes putting in around 10.. but its really closer to...

asked Dec 3 '11 at 02:02
Blank
Meow
137 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.99K Views
Do you discuss your startup with your current employer?

You are working on your startup, but you still have a fulltime job. How do you tactfully discuss your startup with your employer? Or do you even discuss it? Will this open a can of worms -...

asked Nov 13 '09 at 06:14
Blank
Mathaix
510 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.6K Views
Where do you the draw the line making compromises with your business partner?

I started working on a SaaS application with a friend of 30 years 9 months ago. The original idea came from me and my friend/partner/CTO helped with the development of the application. Throughout...

asked Oct 18 '09 at 04:50
Blank
Arman Arami
399 points