Exit Strategy Questions

4 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
How To Protect My Unpatentable Simple-But-Effective Product Against BigCompany

I have a simple idea (I think it is not patentable) that I have turned it into an effective software. It need some more effort to make it commercial. By the way I am not unwilling to sell it to THE...

asked Apr 30 '13 at 17:54
Blank
Bahribayli
123 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.39K Views
Strategies for When One Discovers Competitor

For that past few months, I've been building a product that targets a specific niche. The kind of product I have been building hasn't been around the marketplace, and I knew there is a...

asked Mar 7 '13 at 06:34
Blank
K2x L
111 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.14K Views
Questions to ask CEO when interviewing at a startup

I've been through several rounds of technical (software developer) interviews at a start-up and have done pretty well. I've been invited back for the final round which will be with the CEO. I...

asked Sep 1 '12 at 18:22
Blank
Onmyway
13 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
Buyout angel investor to avoid exiting?

It appears that in order to raise angel investor financing for my first-of-it's-kind product startup ($500K+ minimum) I will have to give up the whole dream within a few years in an exit...

asked Jun 7 '12 at 00:17
Blank
Novati
11 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.63K Views
How to decide if a business has to be closed?

An obvious point is if there is no sales for a given period of time and if your costs keep piling up, you have to close down. But if the product was not sold like hot cake but had some sales...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 17:58
Blank
Muthu
159 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.08K Views
Valuing intangible assets in an LLC sale

Upon sale of an LLC, how would I express the values of intangible assets the LLC has generated (e.g. certain access rights, processes and procedures, IP, and customer relationships)? These are...

asked Jan 17 '12 at 03:46
Blank
C Cummins
6 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.63K Views
Should I show a prototype to BigCompany? How can I encourage them to buy me out?

I have a software prototype that integrates with a product from BigCompany (like really, really big). I predict it would take 6 more months to polish it so that it's of commercial quality. But I'm...

asked Dec 19 '11 at 06:28
Blank
Robert Lee
131 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
how to say no to a project for start up a company?

We wanted to start a little startup, but things changed after a big company asked us to do some modules, and after being in talks, we thought now that it will be best to start with the small that...

asked Dec 2 '11 at 01:29
Blank
Tyoc213
41 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.52K Views
Founder/Co-founder exit with share holding

I have been one of the 3 co-founders/founders (all 3 have equal share holding) of a seed funded low revenue startup for about a year now. I have decided to leave the company while my partners are...

asked Nov 3 '11 at 17:15
Blank
Maxnine
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
lifecycle of a startup funding and complete buyout?

I'm staring well a start-up :) Currently we are using internal funds, and by estimates it will last for a good while, but if our growth(users servers etc.) exceed our sales, sooner or later we will...

asked Oct 1 '11 at 03:53
Blank
Ekim
141 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
Can I keep my S Corp open when the president wants to leave?

So I have a small S-Corp incorporated in New York State. The company really hasn't made any money, and is currently only used to hold a piece of IP. Both the President and I (the Vice President)...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 01:56
Blank
Camel Blues
185 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Should I include an exit strategy as part of my pitch to angel investors?

In my first letter to Angel investors that describes my work should I include a description of my exit strategy? And if that is something I should include, what all should I include in describing...

asked Sep 17 '11 at 02:21
Blank
Gimp
427 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
How do you maximize the opportunity for a "purchase from competitor" exit strategy?

In the development of a solid business plan -- whether written for a formal purpose or as an internal document to focus the activities of the leadership -- there is the identification of the...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 04:22
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
UK limited company exit mechanism

Can anyone tell me the mechanism by which a UK technology business is acquired? Does the acquirer usually buy: all the outstanding shares in the limited company, or, all the assets and...

asked Jun 3 '11 at 01:12
Blank
Paperjam
394 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.22K Views
What is the difference for a company between having an exit strategy and designing to be ongoing?

Many companies are started by people who dream of one day drinking pina coladas on the beach after exiting their business in some fashion. Of course many fail to deliver on that dream, and some of...

asked May 18 '11 at 10:12
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.69K Views
How to plan exit

I have an idea in global commerce area and I am trying to develop it to a software product. I shared my thoughts with several experts and got their positive feedback. Currently, I am working on a...

asked Mar 30 '11 at 17:22
Blank
Aviad
281 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.58K Views
I have received an offer for my domain. what should I do?

I have received a great offer for the domain name techhotbed.com and techhotbed.net (all of which I own under a company name). A very powerful blog building company approaches me last week and made...

asked Jan 19 '11 at 05:54
Blank
Donald
136 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
Can a software start up be sold?

Does software alone have any value to sell? If your start up fails for whatever reason but you have a software product built but not patented can you sell your company and to whom would you...

asked Jun 10 '10 at 03:13
Blank
Stacey
484 points

7 Votes
11 Answers
4.3K Views
What to do with a startup, that is not thriving, but is not complete failure either

I'm working on a startup that is providing web-based application. We have over 600 paying customers, which is 5% market share in that particular niche. It takes 2 persons to drive this business,...

asked Jan 27 '10 at 21:08
Blank
Tambet
215 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
4.49K Views
How to build a strong "Divorce Strategy" in an Operating Agreement

What types of things might I think about and incorporate into my operating agreement as it relates to a "divorce strategy" (either amicably or not). Please respond with good questions my partner...

asked Jan 5 '10 at 08:12
Blank
Scott Blanc
90 points