Sales Questions

Discuss startup sales strategies and what it takes to sell the product that you’ve designed and developed.

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Where do you start looking for the low hanging fruit for short term sales revenue?

I need to move my cash flow now but know my target customer is really a larger customer but sales cycle too long for now. How do I start with finding the low hanging fruit to get things going? Some...

asked Apr 24 '10 at 05:23
Blank
Stacey
484 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.27K Views
Do you think cold calling is dead?

I get the trend is towards social media to meet potential prospects but for high tech companies selling to mid sized organizations do you think cold calling doesn't work anymore?

asked Apr 27 '10 at 05:15
Blank
Stacey
484 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.7K Views
Challenge selling disuptive technology?

Ok so our software is typically sold to a large company who can force their vendors to deliver information to them electronically. On the other hand our same software can cater to a company who...

asked Apr 27 '10 at 05:29
Blank
Stacey
484 points

-3 Votes
3 Answers
2.33K Views
How do you sell yourself to a company?

I am a start up and need to sell myself to a company have any advice?

asked May 13 '10 at 05:18
Blank
Stacey
484 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.35K Views
What Is Your Opinion On "Freebie Marketing"?

From Wikipedia - "Freebie marketing, also known as the razor and blades business model, is the concept of either giving away a salable item for nothing or charging an extremely low price to...

asked May 15 '10 at 16:49
Blank
Benjamin Wootton
1,667 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.81K Views
"Sales job" for students/pupils.....where to advertise?

We have a new product, which is targeted at wearers of eyeglasses. We sell quite nicely via our website, but we figured it was much more efficient to approach wearers of eyeglasses directly....by...

asked Mar 28 '10 at 01:51
Blank
Philobus
116 points

2 Votes
11 Answers
3.61K Views
The Single Most Important Trait of a Founder

So I've been thinking a lot about important traits of startup founders. I keep coming back to the notion that the single, most indispensable trait of a startup founder is the ability to pick up the...

asked Mar 28 '10 at 02:24
Blank
Fractal Guy
254 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
5.38K Views
How do you overcome the "free trial" objection?

A lot of products and services come with free trials and money-back guarntees, which sets the bar pretty low for those who don't/can't provide either. Obviously, the trick is to establish value and...

asked Mar 29 '10 at 11:08
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
We are looking for people handing out vouchers for us - how to find them?

Should we place an ad somewhere? Where? The jobs are as follows: people are handing vouchers out to people wearing eyeglasses. If people buy, then a commission is paid (voucher code). Many thanks...

asked Mar 30 '10 at 01:41
Blank
Philobus
116 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.63K Views
How to recruit someone to help make sales on a commission basis?

I would like to get someone with me full time with good sales experience and contacts in my industry to help me get sales going but I don't have the budget to hire a sales guy? I expect your answer...

asked Apr 20 '10 at 06:09
Blank
Stacey
484 points

11 Votes
9 Answers
4.4K Views
Really low conversion rate, what does it mean?

My startup sells a fairly expensive (2500$~) desktop product, we are new in a well-established market and it's been 2 months that we are selling the product. We do have an evaluation request page...

asked Mar 10 '10 at 18:34
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
Annual Maintenance Payments

We are planning on introducing an annual maintenance fee for a new enterprise-level product we will soon be launching. How do you handle when the payments are to be made? For example, let's say a...

asked Mar 12 '10 at 23:28
Blank
Cocowalla
327 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
4.43K Views
Best affiliate solution for freemium/free trial web apps?

Most affiliate solutions are not designed to work with freemium or free trial business models. Have you seen an affiliate app that can: Make it simple to manage affiliate relationships Can...

asked Mar 15 '10 at 02:19
Blank
Chris Savage
209 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.77K Views
How to outsource marketing / sales

First of all I know that "sales and marketing" is my business it's not something to outsource. However I'm in a different situation: I don't have budget and the long-term commitment position to...

asked Mar 22 '10 at 19:17
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.68K Views
First time meeting a CEO

We are in the process of getting a new project. It is our first project building a corporate website for a chip company. This is the first time we are going to meet a CEO. We are a small group of...

asked Feb 20 '10 at 16:32
Blank
User2608
141 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.23K Views
Getting Help with Sales

How do I find a sales person? I know a lot of people here think that you just put up Google Ads, wait for clicks, and then wait for sales, but I think sales is an important task. Following up with...

asked Mar 2 '10 at 07:14
Blank
Simon
165 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
How much data should I ask for in my lead contact form?

We have a contact form on each page of our marketing site. We ask for a name, phone and email. We made it simple b/c our goal was to get as many people/companies to submit their information....

asked Feb 3 '10 at 09:30
Blank
Sparagi
346 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
"Segmenting" visitors to my sales website

I have made a simple sales web page to generate leads for my new business. One problem I think I have is that the current web page tries to be "all things to all visitors", when in actuality I...

asked Feb 5 '10 at 08:02
Blank
Jorgem
749 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
7.49K Views
How to follow up a trial?

What's the best practices to send a follow up email after the user's trial version expires? What questions to ask? Is a short survey good idea or an email which asks a generic feedback better? Is...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 11:39
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.98K Views
Tool for reseller management

We have a web application we want to start selling on a per month basis. We have several resellers that we would like to have resell our application and make a margin on doing so. We don't want to...

asked Feb 10 '10 at 13:07
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points