Sole Proprietorship Questions

12 Votes
5 Answers
4.34K Views
Sole Proprietorship vs LLC

From what I read there are two basic types of business recommended for a single person business (in the US): Sole Proprietorship LLC My wife is looking to start a business for blogging/selling...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 23:20
Blank
Joel B
163 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.66K Views
LLC or Business Trust w/DBA?

I have been working starting a small single person (me) business and I wanted to know what would be the best entity it should be organized as ... File a DBA with the registrant is a business...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 09:19
Blank
Frank Gf
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
What type of business to form to allow 1 person (founder) total control with limited or no liability?

What's the best way to setup a company whereby the founder always has control and the final word no matter how many partners he brings in? What are the disadvantages of the various setups?

asked Jul 29 '11 at 15:09
Blank
Tom Jones
24 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.72K Views
Single-owner SaaS business

I have been building a bootstrapped SaaS business for the better part of a year working late into the night most nights per week. I have never spent anything aside from my own time and a few...

asked Jul 7 '11 at 16:11
Blank
Matt Beckman
132 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.48K Views
How can I separate my personal credit from my business without a lot of hassle?

I've been operating a local computer repair and retail business for about 2 years and haven't needed a line of credit until now. The problem is that I'm in college and have student loans. So, as a...

asked May 27 '11 at 03:15
Blank
David Brown
116 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.57K Views
Being liable as a sole proprietorship VS director at a corporation

I am considering starting presales of a product. Since money may be coming in I wanted a business bank account so if I am ever sued for any reason I'll only lose what I put in the business and not...

asked Apr 11 '11 at 20:18
Blank
Stu R
66 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
Switching from a Canadian corporation to a Canadian sole-proprietorship

I currently run a Canadian Corporation, but I'm finding taxes (both accounting fees and bookkeeping) a real pain and expense. I would like to keep the corporation and basically find out how to...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 14:37
Blank
Geek Gal
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
Is it mandatory to get a small-online-startup-business registered in USA?

Specs- Its gonna be a one man show. The person running the business already has a dayjob elsewhere. I guess he's a waiter and I am not sure if he has an EIN. He would like to avoid registrations...

asked Feb 2 '11 at 20:38
Blank
Prateek Mishra
137 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
7.35K Views
Can anyone help me make sense of the TIN and DBA?

About two years ago, I began building a side business doing IT consulting, which never actually took off because I got so busy with my day job. In the process of building the side business, I...

asked Jan 21 '11 at 04:55
Blank
Beachrunnerjoe
319 points