My company Merchants Choice Payment Solutions provides credit card processing for businesses. Our main focus is to first and formost educate the merchant on how the industry works and how to set up in the most efficient manner and with as little operational expense as possible. We truely want to help businesses grow and be successful and partner with them for the long haul, not make a quick buck and run. Our company is based on honesty, integrity and excellent (personal as possible) service! Brick and morter locations with swipe terminals, POS systems, Online/Virtual Terminals/eCommerce, software integration such as Quickbooks/Restaurant/Hotel/Motel whatever it may be we can help.
My question is often we are not aware of a new business until they open the door and usually by then they are set up with someone for card processing. Where is a GOOD resource that would identify them early so we can offer them the option of using MCPS?
Just a few off-the-cuff suggestions...
(1) Partner with a printing company (local or national) such that folks who place an order for business cards, company t-shirts or polo shirts receive a card or flyer with your business info. Offer a very good deal for merchant processing in return.
(2) Partner with web design studios for same. When they pick up a new client, they can refer to you and vice versa.
(3) Partner with IT security companies who do PCI-compliance screening.
(4) Speak at local SCORE meetings.
(5) Advertise in business section of local paper.
(6) Advertise in business journals.
(7) Monitor state business entity filings and send direct mail with planned follow-up.
(8) Write plug-ins for open-source shopping cart software. Advertise/Support development with banner ads.
(9) Purchase ads on this site. (I do not represent the folks here and cannot even say whether they are selling space.)
Partner up with a lawyer that incorporates new businesses. You could give him a commission for pitching your services.
PS: Although your question is legitimate, the first part looks quite like a sales pitch and I believe that's why it got down voted ;)
I get solicitations and junk mail from companies like yours after I have filed the legal documents to form an entity. You can probably pay for services like these for leads.
Other places would be the online incorporation services - they would likely sell names to you.
I have to say though I find it very spammy and off-putting.
Even better would be to put all your educational material online on your website so that people searching for information will find it. When they have to choose a provider they might pick the one that is the least offensive and has some other benefits.