Iphone Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Marketing tips for mobile applications

Looking for developers (companies) in the mobile applications area who can comment and hopefully give examples of the best marketing strategies for mobile applications. Please only comment if you...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 01:30
Blank
Hristian Kambourov
61 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
How should I promote an SDK / Service?

I developed a new service for iPhone developers which allows them to ask quick questions from their users and get rapid feedback. The product is now in beta (which means it's already finished and...

asked Nov 26 '11 at 22:41
Blank
Roman
253 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.98K Views
Writing a Terms of Service for my iPhone app that uses Google Analytics

I'm finding a resource for writing a TOC for my app that uses Google Analytics to analyze content traffic. I don't hire a lawyer and just plan to copy from someone else. Could you please point out...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 00:45
Blank
Killua
68 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Subscription pricing for iPhone app

Are there any examples of selling iPhone apps - other than weekly magazines and the like - using a subscription model instead of a one-time app store purchase?

asked Sep 8 '11 at 03:14
Blank
Kevin Lawrence
277 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
How do returns work in mobile app stores vs. regular stores?

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with mobile app return policies and how they affect cash flow. When Apple/Google sends a monthly check for an app, does that already discount returns and...

asked Aug 23 '11 at 04:07
Blank
Chris
109 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Equity sharing over an iphone app

I have an idea for an iphone app. I want to develop this app. I took an iphone class and tried to develop this app. However, I soon realized you have to be very good to develop a really good app....

asked Aug 3 '11 at 10:18
Blank
Rohit
3 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Is it worth the effort to try to make a better version of another iPhone app?

This app (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/graphing-calculator/id289940142?mt=8) seems pretty good, but I would like to make a better version. I am already an iPhone app developer. Is it worth it to...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 05:58
Blank
Ethan
113 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.01K Views
How can we go about supporting our products?

Our business involves developing iPhone/iPad apps now we have a lot of ideas for the apps and we want to develop all of them. Now my problem is Im not sure how we can go about keeping up with each...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 20:46
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
9.96K Views
Affiliate programs for promoting Android or iPhone apps?

Is there any way to set up an affiliate program to market android or iPhone apps? Where I can pay someone in a given market space (say "cooking for diabetics") for each app installed as a result of...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 00:44
Blank
Justin Alexander
111 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.62K Views
Advice to iPhone App Developer on Marketing the app

My app is out there... after 100 hours of hard work... I hardly find any people downloading it forget about using it. Honestly, I find marketing stuff pretty boring and dont really get motivated to...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 14:47
Blank
Xoail
365 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.24K Views
Is iphone/ipad market that saturated?

Ok I was thinking of hiring app developer (once i know what I want to develop) and sell apps for the ipad/iphone. But all im reading is about how the market is saturated and how no developers are...

asked Jun 21 '11 at 00:54
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
Steps to take after designing an app prototype

We are going to start creating an iPhone app prototype with Keynotopia.com. The app will be an add-on to our website which is currently in dev. Once the app prototype is complete, what are the...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 03:35
Blank
Sam
509 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.27K Views
Money Maker - Android/BlackBerry/Windows Phone?

As per the recent report published by Distimo, very few developers are actually making money (by selling apps) in Android store. The figures actually look quite depressing for android developers...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 15:46
Blank
Ali
179 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.92K Views
Preferred mobile platform for new app

We are getting into the dev of a mobile app for our startup. I have a preference in terms of which platform I want to start with, due to my current market demographics. However I also fall under...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 23:22
Blank
Sam
509 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
LLC with contractors

I am not a US citizen and I want to create a company and work with many contractors outside US. It will be software development company. Company will be delaware based LLC, and office will be...

asked May 14 '11 at 05:24
Blank
Vitaliy
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
Is LLC the best option?

We are planning to sell iPhone, iPad and Android apps in US Market. We have a company in India having 4 directors. I think we will have to open up a company in USA for this. Do you guys think,...

asked May 14 '11 at 14:11
Blank
Abhi
31 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.21K Views
What is a fair equity share for four months of part-time work as an iphone app developer at an early stage startup?

I am being offered a 0.6% share in an early stage startup for being the lead iOS developer(probably the only iOS developer).The concept is good and the team consists of some smart people too.My...

asked May 17 '11 at 15:12
Blank
Samyzee
16 points

11 Votes
7 Answers
2.98K Views
Should I continue against well-funded competition?

I started working on a location based game for smartphones this past august (www.tuzo.ca). At the time, competitors included Foursquare, Gowalla, and some smaller players but i felt like I could...

asked Apr 16 '11 at 14:40
Blank
Janan Rajeevikaran
76 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.61K Views
Ratio of Reviews to Downloads in the iPhone App Store

Anyone have any market data that would indicate the ratio of reviews to downloads in the iPhone App Store? Does the ratio of reviews to downloads change significantly if an app is free or paid?

asked Apr 8 '11 at 05:28
Blank
Kirk
227 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
8.36K Views
How does Rovio (Angry Birds) make money?

How does an iPhone developer like Rovio make any money with a free app

asked Mar 28 '11 at 09:47
Blank
Mike Walsh
745 points