Selling Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
How to start selling locally developed CMS and ecommerce system globally?

I have developed advanced CMS software with integrated ecommerce system for running large eshops and managing content on multiple websites. It has some really modern features it's all AJAX,...

asked Feb 5 '11 at 02:38
Blank
Frodik
103 points

7 Votes
8 Answers
6.97K Views
How to let customers download software automatically after payment through a website?

I have a company that will be selling software online, and I'd like for customers to be able to pay online and then just click on a "Download Now" button and download the software automatically,...

asked Jan 14 '11 at 12:42
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
what are the legal/tax issues for running a marketplace with split revenue with the sellers?

I'm working on an online store where sellers will be posting their digital content, and buyers will buy it. Right now I'm thinking of just doing a 50/50 split of the sell price. The store is no...

asked Jan 21 '11 at 04:58
Blank
Merk
108 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.01K Views
What is the best invoicing tool you have discovered?

We're running an online store of electronic devices, and we need to start creating invoices for our clients. What is the best invoicing tool you have discovered?

asked Dec 16 '10 at 12:09
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

2 Votes
7 Answers
3.13K Views
What's the best sales book you've ever read?

Any recommendation? Is sale a process to deliver comfort which is declared in the book "E-myth revisited"?

asked Dec 19 '10 at 16:11
Blank
Steven
1 point

6 Votes
6 Answers
2.47K Views
What are some good ways for me to practice my pitch?

I'm trying to put together a pitch, and am looking for ideas on where/how to best practice giving it, before it's polished enough to show to potential investors.

asked Dec 13 '10 at 19:06
Blank
Blueberryfields
426 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.73K Views
How do I approach a large business to sell them my product?

How should I approach selling a niche product or service to a large company? Do I use the "contact form" on their website? Do I call and ask to speak to a business team or salesperson?

asked Nov 21 '10 at 09:34
Blank
Moshe
409 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
What term is the business world equivalent to the term “social media”? (Or help us coin the term right here!)

My business will provide an automated “tool” that can be used as part of the pre-sales/pre-purchase process. A by-product of using this tool is the creation of a network of buyers and sellers. (In...

asked Nov 25 '10 at 01:56
Blank
Cesel
128 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
When do you know it's time to pull out, and cut your losses/earnings off?

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is cut-bait, and walk away from a venture. What factors are the most important taking this leap?

asked Oct 16 '10 at 06:03
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
3.03K Views
Ways to sell domain names without using a domain auctioneer?

I am aware of Sedo, Godaddy Autions and Afternic. I don't like their added fees and commission rates. Sedo wants Appraisals for domain names selling for more than $10,000. I am not sure why....

asked Sep 16 '10 at 07:20
Blank
Tony Henrich
85 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.79K Views
How to answer a business phone call? Is there any good book on that?

Some customers may call you to inquire about the rate, how to answer such phone calls tactically? Is there any good book on it?

asked Aug 8 '10 at 23:26
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
How can I find prospects with a budget & timeline?

I need to get on the phone and start cold calling and try to find a prospect with a budget and timeline to buy our solution.How do I do this? Where do I start? Since i have sold software like this...

asked Apr 24 '10 at 03:40
Blank
Stacey
484 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
Where do you start looking for the low hanging fruit for short term sales revenue?

I need to move my cash flow now but know my target customer is really a larger customer but sales cycle too long for now. How do I start with finding the low hanging fruit to get things going? Some...

asked Apr 24 '10 at 05:23
Blank
Stacey
484 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.15K Views
Proposal Presentation: Proposal Before or During?

For complex and relatively high-dollar sales (five to six figures), it's a common practice to present the final cost in the form of a proposal, and to present that proposal in person, instead of...

asked Mar 26 '10 at 13:50
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.72K Views
How to hookup with possible partners?

I have always been an interested is starting and running my own business. I have built small websites basically for the fun of it, never intending them to get large. I run my own company now but my...

asked Jan 23 '10 at 05:41
Blank
Aaron
124 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.18K Views
How to incorporate in the US without traveling there?

I live in Colombia and have a web service, I would like to create a company in the US so I can receive payments from there. Is there a way to create a company without traveling there like this...

asked Jan 26 '10 at 14:32
Blank
Carl
16 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
Should I sell parts of my program also or not?

I am selling an utility that is consisting from 5 different modules. This modules are thematicaly connected, but could also exist independently. My utility is $24.95. I was wondering if I should...

asked Jan 12 '10 at 22:48
Blank
Spiro
105 points

11 Votes
8 Answers
4.81K Views
What tips do you have for running a booth at a tradeshow?

Eric Sink says that tradeshows are like sex: When it's good it's really really good, and when it's bad, it's still pretty good. It's easy to waste a lot of time and money at tradeshows. But also...

asked Dec 19 '09 at 11:05
Blank
Jason
16,231 points

13 Votes
7 Answers
9.91K Views
Should we offer a money back guarantee? If so, how?

I'm starting a web site with another founder that proof reads university and college student's papers and essays. Users upload an essay and pay us then they get an edited of the paper back and a...

asked Dec 20 '09 at 10:26
Blank
Vindexus
126 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.43K Views
Selling a high traffic mobile site, any adivce?

We are looking to sell our business. We are a high traffic mobile site (16+ million unique visitors/month). What is the best way to get acquired? Should we use a business broker to facilitate this...

asked Dec 31 '09 at 08:42
Blank
Mike
16 points