Social Network Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.65K Views
Should I have 1 blog for each product or 1 blog for the company?

We have several products in several different areas (some are in the same areas). Should we start a blog for each product or should we write in our company blog everything? What's the best...

asked Feb 27 '11 at 07:40
Blank
Tiago
333 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
Facebook/Twitter B2B?

What are your thoughts on Facebook and Twitter for primarily B2B businesses? It doesn't make much sense to me to have a facebook fan page if my services aren't really used by the general consumer....

asked Feb 9 '11 at 04:12
Blank
Big Tuna
349 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.65K Views
Startup ideas: social networks aimed at specific interest groups

A startup idea has recently crept into my head which is basically a social networking site aimed at a specific interest group. The rough concept would be a somewhat cut down version of facebook,...

asked Jan 28 '11 at 20:22
Blank
William Lannen
195 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
Experience with promoting your site through Social Networks

I have a site that I am getting ready to launch out of Beta very soon. I would like to take advantage of promoting the site through FaceBook and Twitter. I have recently created accounts on there...

asked Jan 20 '11 at 05:09
Blank
John
161 points

11 Votes
9 Answers
3.51K Views
How to Build a Strong Social Network for a Young Entrepreneur?

"It's Not What You Know, It's Who You Know" -Old English Proverb Having a strong social network is a Must-Have of every entrepreneur. Our friends and partners make us stronger in areas we're...

asked Dec 6 '10 at 05:51
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

12 Votes
1 Answers
2.64K Views
Startup Documentaries for IT industry

I am looking for more startup documentaries/movies. The ones I have seen: On Startups E-Dreams Startup dot com and its follow up ABC News UpClose Kaleil Tuzman The Social Network On PC industry...

asked Dec 9 '10 at 14:20
Blank
Ben
522 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
The network effect: your best friend - your worst enemy

The network effect is the thing that makes certain products or services useless until everybody is on board. But once everybody is on board then said product or service becomes very useful. Case...

asked Dec 10 '10 at 03:34
Blank
John Berryman
388 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.76K Views
Is there a project starting/launching platform/community online?

I have a lot of project ideas (like many of you) but I have some issues. There seems to be no easy way to find existing project online or to ask people what they think of an idea. I'm looking for a...

asked Dec 12 '10 at 05:23
Blank
Mig
6 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.4K Views
Looking for a social network to deploy my concept

I have (yet another) concept for social media (don't worry, it's cooler than all the other ones). And I am looking for ideas about where to deploy it first. The market group is 18-35 yr olds who...

asked Dec 13 '10 at 07:04
Blank
John Berryman
388 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
What term is the business world equivalent to the term “social media”? (Or help us coin the term right here!)

My business will provide an automated “tool” that can be used as part of the pre-sales/pre-purchase process. A by-product of using this tool is the creation of a network of buyers and sellers. (In...

asked Nov 25 '10 at 01:56
Blank
Cesel
128 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Indemnification Clause for Social Network?

I am starting a new social network that is geared toward a specific niche market. In my endeavor I will need the support and backing (not monetarily) of several industry leading manufacturers. At...

asked Oct 26 '10 at 08:58
Blank
User5000
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.46K Views
"Invite your Friends" feature - best practices

We're in the process of adding an "invite your friends" feature to our dating site, and I was wondering if anybody has any tips/past experience in the best way to utilize the invites. Here's what I...

asked Oct 20 '10 at 06:35
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
"Like" clone idea

I am adding new section to my site where students or alumni of a particular film schools can be associated with their schools. Facebook did something similar in the early days and later they went...

asked Sep 28 '10 at 01:19
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Marketing my website

I have a website which aims to let people meet and talk together based on subjects they are interested in. However I am having trouble marketing it! I admit that I am not a marketer guy, so if you...

asked Aug 24 '10 at 05:07
Blank
Zys
121 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.86K Views
Current best practices for blogging

I'm getting ready to start posting on my blog that I've neglected for a while. I'm interested in hearing what are the best practices in terms of the mechanics, not the content of the blog. I've...

asked Aug 28 '10 at 16:47
Blank
Dror
1,833 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.48K Views
Freemium in user generated content/social service?

Could freemium be a good model of earning profit from user generated content services? Let's take same hard example - www.trapster.com. It's a mobile phone application for exchanging information...

asked Apr 26 '10 at 19:05
Blank
Pawel A
191 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.78K Views
Your favorite viral technique?

A number of viral techniques have been suggested to increase the membership of my website. Encouraging users to "invite" their friends using an email invitation. Allowing sharing content on other...

asked Apr 29 '10 at 05:06
Blank
User3272
48 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
A social networking Web on Google Earth

I have been thinking to create a social network application built by using google earth api and sell/rent spaces for companies for their promotion on google earth via my web application. There will...

asked May 3 '10 at 17:14
Blank
Kubi
128 points

9 Votes
4 Answers
4.23K Views
How to promote my business using social networking

I see many companies using social networking (Twitter, Facebook etc) to promote their products and services. I've never used sites like this, and don't really know where to begin from a marketing...

asked Apr 7 '10 at 17:35
Blank
Cocowalla
327 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.75K Views
Should company A have different social network identities for each service/website?

Let's say company A produces various online services that fill different needs. Do you think they should have a separate Twitter/Facebook fan page for each service? Or should there just be one main...

asked Jan 31 '10 at 18:59
Blank
Matt
460 points